Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

"Forearm to the head"....

:unsure:

Edited by BLUE

Total bullshit. The defense always gets flagged though now a days. That's just the way the game is.

• Upvote 1

What bullshit. I don't blame Fletcher for wanting to raise a little hell.

Jeff Triplette is easily the most retarded person involved with professional football these days. His ref crew misses all sorts of calls and calls penalties that aren't even there.

For those of you complaining that the Packers got a lot of calls go their way against the Giants, there's your reason. Triplette's crew was officiating.

• Upvote 2

Jeff Triplette is easily the most retarded person involved with professional football these days. His ref crew misses all sorts of calls and calls penalties that aren't even there.

For those of you complaining that the Packers got a lot of calls go their way against the Giants, there's your reason. Triplette's crew was officiating.

I don't recall anything out of the ordinary. But I wasn't here during the game.

People were complaining in the shoutbox that the refs gave the Packers a lot of good calls. As they always do.

Back on topic, I'd be interested to see what the league does about this, if they do anything. It's an obvious terrible call, his reasoning for the call "forearm to the head of a quarterback" never even occured. It wasn't even close.

This wasn't one of those wishy-washy penalties that got called because they gave the benefit of the doubt to the QB. No, this was a blatant non-penalty, legal play that got called because the refs are instructed to penalize the defense for every hit on a QB these days at the expense of the integrity of the game.

Fletcher's going to get fined for this. Just wait.

That's just how bad the NFL has gotten.

Yeah Triplette blows, if I recall correctly his crew officiated the Chargers vs Packers too and there were shitty calls on both sides of that game.

As for Fletcher, I understand why the flag was thrown, but I feel like it should have been picked up.

Additionally, am I the only one that feels like there should be some kind of rule that refs need to make calls outside of player, coach, and fan influence? Obviously this is something hard to combat but often you see a ref throw the flag way after the play has happened and it is often due to a player or coach complaining or the fans booing.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I remember watching that live, knew it was going to be called lol. I was hoping London was going to get thrown out for physical contact with a ref because:

a) I wanted more fantasy points out of Brady.

b) I hate the Redskins.

Other than that I like the guy and it was a clean hit. :grinno:

• Upvote 1

It would be ridiculous of him to get fined. The league needs to admit they were wrong and issue an apology to the Skins and Fletcher.

Yeah I know, fat chance. But for them to fine him after now there being clear video proof of a clean hit would be downright robbing the man.

It would be ridiculous of him to get fined. The league needs to admit they were wrong and issue an apology to the Skins and Fletcher.

Yeah I know, fat chance. But for them to fine him after now there being clear video proof of a clean hit would be downright robbing the man.

It's happened multiple times before this one. Just don't be surprised, is all I'm saying. That's just how bad the NFL has gotten.

I'm surprised noone has mentioned yet that he will get fined just because it was Brady he hit.

Hit was legal and Brady should have started his slide earlier before Fletcher committed himself to laying him out.

Hell the hit is just how the NFL wants their players to hit. Not to the head, not headfirst. It was a clean hit.

If you were watching that play, the second you saw Brady slide, Triplette threw the flag. Even the Patriots fans I know were like "This call is fucking bullshit, I'd be pissed off if I was Fletcher. Just the refs protecting fucking Brady again."

An absolutely bullshit call and Triplette should be fined his game check for that.

• Upvote 1

From the video description on Youtube:

"Tom Brady tries to scramble and is hit hard by London Fletcher. The refs know that they must meet their Tom Brady bogus call quota, so they throw the flags."

Sums up my feelings right there. This is a total shit call and Triplette should be fired. Screw the fines.

This call is fucking bullshit, I'd be pissed off if I was Fletcher. Just the refs protecting fucking Brady again.

:D

And its true. Not even gonna bother defending that when its so blatantly obvious.