Favre4Ever

Matt Flynn Sets Packers Record For Passing Yards and TDs In Season Finale

Matt Flynn's stat line....

31 / 44 (70%), 480 Yards, 6 TD, 1 INT

Only the 3rd QB to start a game for the Packers in 20 years and he puts up one of the greatest games in Packers franchise history.

Some team will be awfully disappointed when they give him a shitload of money and realize that he's not that good.

• Upvote 1

4th rounder for Flynn str8 up

So, about that Aaron Rodgers guy...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Zona is sad they traded for Kolb.

Edited by Shotgun
  • Upvote 1

Some team will be awfully disappointed when they give him a shitload of money and realize that he's not that good.

I don't anyone is expecting him to play like this all the time or as a full time starter. But he will most definitely be better than Matt Cassell and Kevin Kolb.

4th rounder for Flynn str8 up

No need... Flynn is a FA.

Flynn should hire Drew Rosenhaus as his agent right now.

Is he an unrestricted free agent, though? For how young he is he might be restricted, in which case the Packers are still in the driver's seat in trading him.

This just in - Aaron Rodgers is a system QB.

Or maybe Matt Flynn is just actually talented... *gasp*

The thing about Flynn is he doesn't seem like he's gonna ask for a ton of money. He just wants the opportunity to start somewhere. To me he seems like he'd be a safe signing because you're not gonna fork over a ton of money (probably) and he may very well improve your team offensively. But if he doesn't and he's a complete failure you at least didn't spend a lot on him.

The thing about Flynn is he doesn't seem like he's gonna ask for a ton of money. He just wants the opportunity to start somewhere. To me he seems like he'd be a safe signing because you're not gonna fork over a ton of money (probably) and he may very well improve your team offensively. But if he doesn't and he's a complete failure you at least didn't spend a lot on him.

But if numerous teams want in on him... the money will be there regardless of him wanting it or not.

But if numerous teams want in on him... the money will be there regardless of him wanting it or not.

But will he take less money to go to a team where he can potentially start for a playoff contender such as Arizona, Seattle, Jets (after this season's debacle, who knows what their QB situation will be like), Kansas City, Oakland etc.?

I mean yeah obviously he's gonna get quite a bit of money but compared to other free agent QB signings, he might come a bit cheaper.

Flynn's a talented guy, but a backup QB doesn't come in and break records without an incredible supporting cast. I'm not insulting Rodgers, but I do think that this shows that his numbers are as good as they are due to the players around him. He'd be a good QB on any team in the NFL, but I can't see him being nearly as good without his nasty receiving core. He's got Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Jones, Finley, Cobb...come on, this guy has DEPTH. I'm not taking anything away from him, but I'd like to see him make plays with a weaker cast (such as Brady's).

You are not saying anything revolutionary. That should be expected, should it not? Tom Brady with Wes Welker, Randy Moss, and then Gronkowski and Hernandez, and even Branch. Brees with Meachem, Colston, Henderson, Graham, and Sproles. Big Ben with Brown, Wallace, Ward, Heath, Sanders, Cotchery. Eli with Nicks, Manningham, Cruz, and Ballard.

Players perform better with other talented players on the team? This holds true since the game originated. Kinda one of those things you doesn't even have to be said. A "Duh" kinda thing... lol

With that said... Pretty sure everyone knows the Packers have the best group of players on offense, especially at WR for the last 2-3 years running.

If anything... People need to start respecting Jordy Nelson more. He's easily the best white guy lining up at WR that we have seen in a LOOOOONG time. Obviously not saying a whole lot. But to see this white guy line up on the outside and consistently out run and burn these DBs in a league where speed and athelticism are favored... It's pretty amazing.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Flynn's a talented guy, but a backup QB doesn't come in and break records without an incredible supporting cast. I'm not insulting Rodgers, but I do think that this shows that his numbers are as good as they are due to the players around him. He'd be a good QB on any team in the NFL, but I can't see him being nearly as good without his nasty receiving core. He's got Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Jones, Finley, Cobb...come on, this guy has DEPTH. I'm not taking anything away from him, but I'd like to see him make plays with a weaker cast (such as Brady's).

Cause Brady doesn't benefit from that offensive o-line, or having Welerk, Gronk, and Hernandez?

Yeah lol this offensive line.

It's not as bad as last year, but we still need to improve. A lot.

I think it's funny- in the Brady/Rodgers debate, the Packers fans were saying Aaron was better because Brady was the product of a system- and said to look at what Cassel did in that same system.

But we can't use that same argument against Rodgers when Flynn goes crazy like he did?

They're both products of a system *and* they're both incredible quarterbacks.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think it's funny- in the Brady/Rodgers debate, the Packers fans were saying Aaron was better because Brady was the product of a system- and said to look at what Cassel did in that same system.

But we can't use that same argument against Rodgers when Flynn goes crazy like he did?

I don't recall any Packers fans saying that...at least not on this website.

the difference is Cassel did well for a full season, Flynn went crazy in one game against the 22nd pass defense

If Flynn goes somewhere and sucks you might have something...

Packers might want to consider a tag n' trade. What kind of tender could they put on him?

I was impressed by how Matt Flynn played today! He did a great job and I wouldn't be surprised if this convinced some teams to try and pick him up in the offseason :)

This is an awesome piece of trivia.

What Green Bay quarterback holds the single-game record for most passing touchdowns and most yards in franchise history?

Bart Starr? Brett Favre? Aaron Rodgers?

No, it's Matt Flynn! Lol.

Edited by Thanatos19