RazorStar

AP All-Pro Team

NEW YORK (AP) -- Lions receiver Calvin Johnson and Vikings defensive end Jared Allen were the leading vote getters for The Associated Press 2011 NFL All-Pro Team, each falling one vote short of being unanimous choices.

Aaron Rodgers was the quarterback for the first time, easily beating New Orleans' Drew Brees, 47 1/2 to 2 1/2. Rodgers led Green Bay to a league-best 15-1 record, maintaining the brilliance he showed in taking the Packers to the Super Bowl title last February.

Johnson and Allen each received 49 votes Friday from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the NFL. It's the fourth All-Pro team for Allen, who led the league with 22 sacks, one-half short of the record. Johnson makes it for the first time after hauling in 96 catches for a 17.5-yard average and scoring 16 touchdowns.

"That's sweet," Johnson said. "That's one of the best honors you can have other than being a Super Bowl champion. To be an All-Pro is a tremendous honor."

Allen liked how adding to his All-Pro spots in 2007 through 2009 reflects on his career.

"The All-Pro Team to me is one of the all-time accomplishments," Allen said. "Pro Bowls are nice, but guys get voted in longer than they should and guys who deserve to go don't always get to. It's the whole league. It's not just an AFC and NFC thing. So to me this is the honor I hold the highest. It's something to put on the resume and tell the grandkids about."

See the rest of the team here: Benny Sapplebees

Rodgers and Woodson as starters... Kuhn on the second team. I can handle it.

And, of course, those guys up front did a great job all year. Those guys are beasts, man, it's easy to get big runs when your line is opening up huge holes for you every time you touch the ball."

Oh LeSean, don't be so modest.

Here's the full list btw. Cause I can't find it on the link. >_>

Offense

QB Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay

RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville

RB LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia

FB Vonta Leach, Baltimore

TE Rob Gronkowski, New England

WR Calvin Johnson, Detroit

WR Wes Welker, New England

T Jason Peters, Philadelphia

T Joe Thomas, Cleveland

G Carl Nicks, New Orleans

G Jahri Evans, New Orleans

C Maurkice Pouncey, Pittsburgh

K David Akers, San Francisco

KR Patrick Peterson, Arizona

Defense

DE Jared Allen, Minnesota

DE Jason Pierre-Paul, New York Giants

DT Haloti Ngata, Baltimore

DT Justin Smith, San Francisco

OLB Terrell Suggs, Baltimore

OLB DeMarcus Ware, Dallas

ILB Patrick Willis, San Francisco

ILB NaVorro Bowman, San Francisco

ILB Derrick Johnson, Kansas City

CB Charles Woodson, Green Bay

CB Darrelle Revis, New York Jets

S Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh

S Eric Weddle, San Diego

P Andy Lee, San Francisco

Second-Team All-Pro

Offense

QB Drew Brees, New Orleans

RB Ray Rice, Baltimore

RB Arian Foster, Houston

FB John Kuhn, Green Bay

TE Jimmy Graham, New Orleans

WR Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona

WR Victor Cruz, New York Giants

T Duane Brown, Houston

T Joe Staley, San Francisco

G Marshal Yanda, Baltimore

G Logan Mankins, New England

C Ryan Kalil, Carolina

C Nick Mangold, New York Jets

K Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland

KR Devin Hester, Chicago

Defense

DE Justin Smith, San Francisco

DE Jason Babin, Philadelphia

DT Geno Atkins, Cincinnati

DT Vince Wilfork, New England

DT Richard Seymour, Oakland

OLB Tamba Hali, Kansas City

OLB Von Miller, Denver

ILB Brian Cushing, Houston

ILB London Fletcher, Washington

CB Jonathan Joseph, Houston

CB Carlos Rogers, San Francisco

S Ed Reed, Baltimore

S Earl Thomas, Seattle

P Shane Lechler, Oakland

• Upvote 1

Niners D/ST be reppin' this bitch.

The All Pro teams make the pro bowl rosters look like a fucking joke for the most part.

The All Pro teams make the pro bowl rosters look like a fucking joke for the most part.

That's because the Pro Bowl IS a fucking joke.

• Upvote 1

The only problem I have with the teams is Pouncey at center. I think Jason Kelce had a better year than him on one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

Yeah, I agree. Not sure why Pouncey is on here.

Mostly right, except for Polamalu in my opinion. He has dropped off in coverage this year and just isn't as dominating as he used to be. Wasn't even the best safety on his team this year.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010
  • Downvote 1

Mostly right, except for Polamalu in my opinion. He has dropped off in coverage this year and just isn't as dominating as he used to be. Wasn't even the best safety on his team this year.

Lmao. Lemmings like you are the reason the pro bowl voting sucks. Seeing someone try and catch the runner at the end of the play doesn't mean it was their responsibility to cover said person. Like D-Mac said in the AFC North forum, Polamalu plays SS and is rarely deep like Clark/Mundy. PFF had him rated as the best safety in the league this year by a long margin.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Lmao. Lemmings like you are the reason the pro bowl voting sucks. Seeing someone try and catch the runner at the end of the play doesn't mean it was their responsibility to cover said person. Like D-Mac said in the AFC North forum, Polamalu plays SS and is rarely deep like Clark/Mundy. PFF had him rated as the best safety in the league this year by a long margin.

I understand he plays SS but I hardly see him make the plays he used to. He used to be all over the field and would single handily win the game. Not so much this season. I would like to see how PFF has him rated the best safety as he didn't seem the same when I watched him this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They had it wrong. Polamalu has rarely been the playmaker this year. He was abused by AJ Green on that touchdown. He is a shell of what he used to be.

• Downvote 1

Good to see the Niners defense and special teams getting the credit they deserve, especially Bowman after he got snubbed for the lolpro-bowl.

I don't agree with a few choices though, Pouncey and Ngata shouldn't be on the first team. Sadly, Ngata had his best game against the 49ers, and for the most part wasn't as effective as he's been in previous years.

Kalil from Carolina had a stellar year at C and should be on the first team. One could even make a case for Chris Myers from the Texans deserves a slot over both of them!

How about Geno Atkins? Hell of a season from him and could also be a candidate for MIP. He is going to be a regular in the pro-bowl as soon as next season.