AllYouNeedIsLovie

Rams hire Jeff Fisher

Like I said in the Dolphins thread, he has more longevity here. If they win 5 games he can consider it a success. Nowhere to go but up.

Well, he took job security over a better shot at a championship. It's not like he's gonna get the Rams anywhere.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Fisher selected St. Louis over Miami due to the "structure" the Rams offered. They have a potential franchise QB in Sam Bradford, the No. 2 pick in the draft, and will allow Fisher have say in St. Louis' general-manager search. The Rams are expected to make Fisher one of the NFL's highest paid coaches. After the Oilers/Titans' move from Houston to Nashville, Fisher had the NFL's fifth highest win percentage from 1998-2008 before a falling out with management. In St. Louis, Fisher will be able to essentially handpick his front office.

From what I just heard Fisher was willing to basically split control with Ireland but Stephen Ross said no, Ireland would have to have all control. That's the main reason he picked the Rams.

Edited by Shotgun

Just more reason for the Dolphins to hate Jeff Ireland.

Yup, but they have their full support behind him. Imagine the pain when and if he fails for the last time.

Ireland continues to fail the Fins. I can tell you that the reaction here in South Florida is very negative right about now.

Ireland continues to fail the Fins. I can tell you that the reaction here in South Florida is very negative right about now.

Were Dolphins fans really hoping for Fisher?

Any team that signs Jeff Fisher is setting themselves up to be a lame duck team.

He was a coach for 17 seasons, won his division only 3 times, made the playoffs 6 times. Fisher was 5-6 in the playoffs with 3 of those wins coming in 1999 during their Super Bowl run and the last of which came in 2003. His all time record was 142-120 in the regular season and he as known for conservativeness that drove fans mad.

I think the Dolphins got lucky.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Jeff screwed himself here. Give the Dolphins a hard nosed defensive minded coach and they'll work wonders.

Were Dolphins fans really hoping for Fisher?

Yes. Big time. They were sure he was their guy.

Yes. Big time. They were sure he was their guy.

I dunno, if I'm a Dolphins fan I see a lot of potentially good names out there. I don't think Fisher is a stand-out candidate, for most of the reasons Zack stated.

@evansilva (Evan Silva):

Per SI's Peter King, the #Rams are "expected" to hire Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator under Jeff Fisher. is.gd/m0Ixq0

Best news I've heard in awhile.

Get out of the NFCS Greg.

Edited by Thanatos19

Why would Gregg Williams leave a good thing in New Orleans?

Why would Gregg Williams leave a good thing in New Orleans?

Was just about to ask the same exact thing.

His contract is up after the season. He'll probably take whoever pays the most.

Or at least that's the thought of the media.

Edited by Shotgun

Well, he took job security over a better shot at a championship. It's not like he's gonna get the Rams anywhere.

The Dolphins have no real shot at a championship anytime soon lol.

He is better off in St. Louis, young QB, more power in the organization and a better chance of winning the division. Yes, I know the 49ers were great this year, but they have to prove they are long term contenders and not just a one year wonder. If Fisher went to Miami, he'd have to deal with Brady and Belichick twice a year.

281-best-super-bowl-moments.jpg

Oh! The irony!

Hahahaha. Wow that is pretty funny.