SteVo

2012 TGP Mock Draft Game Discussion Thread

Thirteen picks in and still no major shake-ups. Everybody's on their game this year.

You have to figure that with the crazy workload and bad blocking that the Jags have, he's gonna run out of gas a little before he should. They need a quality second back, and why bother trying to get one in free agency when there's a great prospect on the board when they pick? He's a possible home run hitter, and with the way the latest CBA is structured, teams no longer have to pay an arm and a leg for top ten picks.

P.S.— For the record, I didn't log on when you guys were talking in the shoutbox. I didn't even get home from work until 3:00 a.m. I don't know why it would say I was here. Sorry for any inconvenience.

It's not that big of a deal due. BC was just freaking out. lol. Don't worry abou tit.

Kuechley was a harder pick for me than I thought he'd be, but ultimately I believe I made the right call. The Eagles run defense just got a whole lot better.

Hang on, let's step back a second...anybody think the Rams reached a tad with Michael Floyd 8th overall?

Hang on, let's step back a second...anybody think the Rams reached a tad with Michael Floyd 8th overall?

hard to say, he was definitely the best WR on the board, I'd say 10-15 would probably be reasonable for him, and he wouldn't be there in the second round, so if he's a guy you really want you've gotta take him at 8, so I don't think it's too bad of a reach

Plus he traded back and got picks, so I don't think it was that bad.

I like it, they have who they beleive to be there franchise guy at QB, solid running game, and a decent group of young receievers who could excel in the slot. If they keep Bradon Lloyd and then Have Micheal Floyd who is a big body guy with excellent hands. Also explosive off the line and will be damn hard to Jam. that means next year they are going to have their pick of the lineman because most peopl are going to get them this year. A gem might fall into their lap. they could get some damn good guards in the second or third and be able to pick up a great tight end in the 5th or 6th and their offense is set.

Personally I would have gone with a guy late with potential but right now it makes a lot of sense for them.

You guys do realise that last year Floyd was being put in the same class as Green and Jones.... Right? Would it not be for the character concerns he'd probably be. Top 10 lock. He has a much better chance of succeeding as a #1 receiver then Blackman, which is what I'd want if I was taking a receiver in the top 10.

Upgraded the Jets' pass rush. Bryan Thomas tore his Achilles and Perry should help prevent the dreadful situation of Aaron Maybin being your top pass rusher.

BPA that fills a need. What more could you want?

DeCastro is probably the safest guy in the draft and I'm glad he fell into our lap at 17.

Indeed I do. There are lots of people saying that if the Vikings/Rams weren't so historically bad at the WR spot, Blackmon would be a reach in the top 5, so if that's the case, applying logic would tell me that Floyd a few picks later would be a reach.

Picking at 8, I probably would have adressed the O-line. It seems to be pretty deep in this year's draft, and WRs with potential can be had later. Still, he's the best WR on the board there, so I understand the pick. I just wouldn't have made it.

You guys do realise that last year Floyd was being put in the same class as Green and Jones.... Right? Would it not be for the character concerns he'd probably be. Top 10 lock. He has a much better chance of succeeding as a #1 receiver then Blackman, which is what I'd want if I was taking a receiver in the top 10.

I pretty much don't agree with any of this.

No, he's not on the same level as AJ Green or Julio Jones, and he's definitely not considered the better WR between him and Blackmon.

No, he's not on the same level as AJ Green or Julio Jones, and he's definitely not considered the better WR between him and Blackmon.

Well considering that they year they both graduated Floyd had a better yeah than noth of them it would appear that he is more than capable of putting up those kinds of numbers and being every bit as good. The big difference is I bet you know who QB'ed at least one of Georgia's or Bama's team. Now how many know who the hell is Notre Dame's. And the disparity between Blackmon and Floyd isnt as great as you say it is.

All indicators say that he is.

Well considering that they year they both graduated Floyd had a better yeah than noth of them it would appear that he is more than capable of putting up those kinds of numbers and being every bit as good. The big difference is I bet you know who QB'ed at least one of Georgia's or Bama's team. Now how many know who the hell is Notre Dame's. And the disparity between Blackmon and Floyd isnt as great as you say it is.

All indicators say that he is.

I didn't say that. I said he wasn't "considered" to be as good as Blackmon- show me a draft board that has Floyd going ahead of Blackmon. I haven't seen one yet. Perhaps there is one out there, but the fact is, the vast majority of people believe that Blackmon is the better WR.

And Floyd doesn't have nearly the skills AJ Green did coming out of college. I'm not looking at stats, I'm looking at the athleticism Green was displaying.

The spelling of Blackmon as "Blackman" really cracked me up for some reason. Also, Dmac, you're supposed to include "RAAAAAAAAWWWRR" with every pick you make. You didn't hook it up this year.

Indeed I do. There are lots of people saying that if the Vikings/Rams weren't so historically bad at the WR spot, Blackmon would be a reach in the top 5, so if that's the case, applying logic would tell me that Floyd a few picks later would be a reach.

Picking at 8, I probably would have adressed the O-line. It seems to be pretty deep in this year's draft, and WRs with potential can be had later. Still, he's the best WR on the board there, so I understand the pick. I just wouldn't have made it.

The Rams already have a LT, so there's no need for one. You don't grab a RT in the top 10, especially when you don't have a #1 receiver, and you especially don't grab a guard in the top 10 when you have no #1 receiver. Character concerns aside, Floyd has ALL THE PHYSICAL TOOLS and PRODUCTION to not only be a #1 receiver, but a very good one. What am I missing here?

Look at the last 10 years and lemme know how many receivers 6'0' 210 or lower receivers who also run under over a 4.50 (he hasn't run yet but we all know he has no second gear to him and probably gonna run around that) have been selected in the top 10. I'd be surprised if he even ran under a 4.6.

He gets by on strength and clean routes, and even then, unlike most receivers coming into the draft who rely more on strength a la Boldin, Bowe, Johnson, Blackmon isn't even 210 pounds, or at least didn't weigh in to even 210 pounds, and only put up 14 reps on the bench. How many DBs on the outside do you think he's going to be able to separate from with a below average size and below average speed for a top 5 top 10 selection at WR?

The only reason why Blackmon is ahead of Floyd on all these sites you keep looking at is because of the character concerns (3 arrests for drunken driving) and the injury he suffered I believe his softmore year. It doesn't matter who you decide to ask or what site you look at, there is no question on Floyd's ability on the field, everyone knows he has all the tools including production to match that of some of the other receivers in the past. Blackmon? Aside from his great rout running, production, short area burst (which is questionable), and character, there is nothing else about his game that's better then Floyd's. Nothing.

Blackmon may be the better prospect, but Floyd is the better receiver. I'd rather grab the guy in the top 10 who I know can play the role of a true #1 receiver, and has the production and tools to do so.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

The spelling of Blackmon as "Blackman" really cracked me up for some reason. Also, Dmac, you're supposed to include "RAAAAAAAAWWWRR" with every pick you make. You didn't hook it up this year.

fack! I keep spelling his name wrong. >_>

And I only do the rawr for Lion picks. :p

idk how I feel about this one. Boom or bust imo. Probably could have been had in the second. Did you try to trade back? He does fill a big need for the Bears though so overall probably a good pick. B or B-

Edited by seanbrock

In case you forgot, the Rams have Brandon Lloyd. >_> He's a number one receiver now.

Not unless they resign him. He's a FA.

Again, 21st pick is on the block for anyone. I won't be back on until about 2-3 so send me some offers fellas. :D

Mike Adams at 18 overall? REACH. :D

I am looking to move up peoples with the Skins holla at me

idk how I feel about this one. Boom or bust imo. Probably could have been had in the second. Did you try to trade back? He does fill a big need for the Bears though so overall probably a good pick. B or B-

Ya I try trading back a week before we started the draft and for the first two hours I was on the clock. I felt like there was gap between mike adams and the next tackle probably would be nate potter. As well I did not think he would have been avaible in round two.

Broncos will listen to trade offers for people wanting to move up.