SteVo

2012 TGP Mock Draft Game Discussion Thread

I thought Jeffery would be taken before Randle and Hill...

So did most sane people.

Anybody looking to trade up ? PM me.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Two of the better prospects in this entire draft just went off the board at 27th and 28th....

• Upvote 1

Two of the better prospects in this entire draft just went off the board at 27th and 28th....

Yea, getting Brockers at #27 is great value. Lots of people think he could be a top 10 pick. Devon Still in the late 20's is also a great pick. Nice job, F4E.

I'm not feeling the Still pick for the Packers. While he is an amazing player and should have never fallen this far, the Packers need a center. This draft is deep for defensive lineman while I see only one center I would trust to start right away and that is Konz.

• Downvote 2

Patriots are on the clock at #31... I have work until 8pm or so Central Standard time. If anyone is looking to trade back up into the late first with the MASSIVE amounts of talent still on the board, shoot me a PM.

A 2nd round pick is a MUST in return however. If you can't give up a 2nd rounder, don't bother PMing me.

Peace, Love, and Butt Sex.

I'm not feeling the Still pick for the Packers. While he is an amazing player and should have never fallen this far, the Packers need a center. This draft is deep for defensive lineman while I see only one center I would trust to start right away and that is Konz.

There is no way the Packers pass on Devon Still if he falls to 28th. You don't sacrifice great football players just to draft at a need position.

Welcome to Ted Thompson Draft Strategy 101

• Upvote 1

There is no way the Packers pass on Devon Still if he falls to 28th. You don't sacrifice great football players just to draft at a need position.

Welcome to Ted Thompson Draft Strategy 101

They are both great players and both huge needs for the Packers. The only difference is you can find some very good DEs in the 2nd round as well. While Konz is the only center that looks able to start right away. Thompson has drafted off need before in the early rounds and I bet he wouldn't hesitate to take Konz if he was available at #28. That's if Wells does walk, which looks very likely.

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT:

The Ravens trade away:

RD 1 Pick (29th)

To the Lions For:

RD 2 Pick (54th)

RD 3 Pick (86th)

Rd 5 Pick (150th)

CONFIRMED from me.

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT:

The Ravens trade away:

RD 1 Pick (29th)

To the Lions For:

RD 2 Pick (54th)

RD 3 Pick (86th)

Rd 5 Pick (150th)

CONFIRMED from me.

Confirmed.

I was thinking Konz for the Ravens but his 15 reps at the Combine worried me. That said if the addage is true that tape doesnt lie, Konz is going to keep Stafford clean for a while and they found somebody who can keep Raji, and Paea in check. Good pick if he can add some serious strength he is going to be damn good;

• Upvote 1

Who the fuck is Rueben Randle? This thing is goin a little down hill.

Who the fuck is Rueben Randle? This thing is goin a little down hill.

He is a good receiver, IMO it was a bit of a reach though he could have been had in the second. That said though people tend to panic when the draft board goes on a run. Last the run on receiver happened to after Julio was taken than teams started to panic on other receiver needy teams above them so they got a guy who they liked at reeceiver instead of somebody they loved at another position. Baldwin anyone ?

Mercilus Wiley and Aldon Smith? Can you say number 1 defense? Great pick Ranga. Wiley is my number 1 ranked 3-4 OLB.

Mercilus Wiley and Aldon Smith? Can you say number 1 defense? Great pick Ranga. Wiley is my number 1 ranked 3-4 OLB.

Mercellus Wiley retired and now works for ESPN, is he allowed to re enter the draft after a ten year career? :panic: Dibs on getting Lawrence Taylor back!!

Whitney Mercilus on the other hand......lol

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

Lolsean.

Patriots are on the clock at #31... I have work until 8pm or so Central Standard time. If anyone is looking to trade back up into the late first with the MASSIVE amounts of talent still on the board, shoot me a PM.

A 2nd round pick is a MUST in return however. If you can't give up a 2nd rounder, don't bother PMing me.

Peace, Love, and Butt Sex.

Vikings have sent a trade offer.

I thought Jeffery would be taken before Randle and Hill...

So did most sane people.

I guess you can lump Mike Mayock and myself in the "insane" category.

Mike Mayock's Post-Combine Position Rankings for 2012 NFL Draft

Wide Receivers

1. Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State

2. Michael Floyd, Notre Dame

3. Kendall Wright, Baylor

4. Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech

5. Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina

Source: NFL.com

------------------------------------------------------------

Per Rotoworld:

After studying all of Stephen Hill's film, NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock is "less concerned" about the Georgia Tech wide receiver's drops and route running.

"He's a hands snatcher," said Mayock. "He had five or six drops [at Georgia Tech] ... but when you watch him catch the football, it's so natural." For a bigger receiver, Mayock determined that Hill was "really good" getting in and out of his breaks at the Yellow Jacket's Pro Day. Mayock suspects Hill will be a late first-round pick, and an "early two" in a "worst case" scenario.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

No, the real LOLs go to Bangy and The Browns Fans... Sounds like a failtacular band name... :laugh:

Edited by Sarge

I figured 3 WR's max would go in the first round. That's how many I have going in my mock.

LESS TALKIN MOAR DRAFTIN' HOES!

Right I made a trade with JD, just need to check for confirmation.

The Indianapolis Colts give:

2012 2nd Rounder (34th overall)

2012 7th Rounder

The New England Patriots give:

2012 2nd Rounder (33rd overall)

confirmed

34th pick on the trade block