Sign in to follow this  
BigBen07

What's The Biggest FA Signing So Far?

Other than Peyton Manning, that is. GO GO GO GO!!!

IMO, Mario Williams, Buffalo Bills, 6 years, $96 million.

Edited by BigBen07

As far as which one player gives a team the biggest impact to win a bunch of games, it's easily Peyton.

Other than Peyton Manning, that is. GO GO GO GO!!!

IMO, Mario Williams, Buffalo Bills, 6 years, $96 million.

As far as which one player gives a team the biggest impact to win a bunch of games, it's easily Peyton.

Dude, what are you guys talking about?!? You have either forgotten already or you've been living under a rock for the past week, but when I saw the thread title I was under the impression that it would be about the :Chiefs: signing the by far best NFL QB with Brady in his name, BRADY QUINN. Get a clue guys. Jesus...

:wtf:

• Upvote 2

I may sound like a bit of a homer, but I'm going to say Carl Nicks. He is 26 years old, and he is a two time ALL PRO. Not popularity contest Pro Bowls, actual All Pro. He was arguably the best guard in the whole league last year and is an elite offensive lineman. Plus again, he is only 26 years old. Guys like Nicks shouldn't be hitting free agency, but the Saints had no choice with Drew Brees being one as well. They couldn't tag Nicks over Brees and they did a very good job getting Ben Grubbs to replace Nicks. Not as good, but not a very big dropoff either.

Mario Williams is the big one, young impact pass rusher who can really do something incredible for the Bills.

I may sound like a bit of a homer, but I'm going to say Carl Nicks. He is 26 years old, and he is a two time ALL PRO. Not popularity contest Pro Bowls, actual All Pro. He was arguably the best guard in the whole league last year and is an elite offensive lineman. Plus again, he is only 26 years old. Guys like Nicks shouldn't be hitting free agency, but the Saints had no choice with Drew Brees being one as well. They couldn't tag Nicks over Brees and they did a very good job getting Ben Grubbs to replace Nicks. Not as good, but not a very big dropoff either.

I understand your excitement, I would be in the same boat....But yes, you are sounding like a homer selecting an offensive guard as the biggest FA signing in the league....but I cant blame you, it was a very nice pick up

I understand your excitement, I would be in the same boat....But yes, you are sounding like a homer selecting an offensive guard as the biggest FA signing in the league....but I cant blame you, it was a very nice pick up

I agree with him. Nicks is the biggest pick-up so far.

That is a huge signing. Downplaying it just because it's an OG is dumb, Nicks is arguably the best guard in the league, certainly top-5.

Not only that, but from the Bucs standpoint, it's a double-win, since they took him away from a division rival.

I Know I'll sound like a homer, but it's the signing of Nicks and for all the reasons Thanatos posted.

Especially on a team that will be running it as much as Bucs plan too.

Hmmm...Blount and Richardson/Doug Martin behind that line? Yes please.

Edited by BucD

I agree with him. Nicks is the biggest pick-up so far.

That is a huge signing. Downplaying it just because it's an OG is dumb, Nicks is arguably the best guard in the league, certainly top-5.

Not only that, but from the Bucs standpoint, it's a double-win, since they took him away from a division rival.

ThaNatos disagrees with me :awe: .....shocking

Seems like no one else, so far, is in your boat....and I also think you just go the other way on everything I think to get under my skin :loser:

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

ThaNatos disagrees with me .....shocking

Seems like no one else, so far, is in your boat....and I also think you just go the other way on everything I think to get under my skin :loser:

Buc and Milla are no one? Good to know.

Buc and Milla are no one? Good to know.

Buc and Milla......are BUC fans......of course they are gona pick that signing lol

If by biggest signing you mean the most impactful to the franchise, its a one man race. Mario Williams was the biggest prize in FA outside of Peyton. Mario Williams to the Bills not only brings a top talent to the team and excites one of the most loyal fan bases in sports. But it shows the rest of the league that the Bills are turning the corner and are committing to trying to win a championship.

Getting a top talent like him not only immediately improves your team, and excites the players already on the roster. But he becomes an off the field asset for the Bills for the next 6 years. Next year when a new string of FA's hit the market, they wont be so quick to by-pass a phone call from the Bills.

With all the young talent on that team, if they're collecting pieces over the next few years, building around Mario and guys like Stevie Johnson and Fitzpatrick, Freddy Jackson, etc etc they could become a real power in the AFCE with Tom Brady getting long in the tooth

I think Mario Williams is a little overrated personally. He hasn't had a double digit sack season since 2008. His production was beginning to fall off as a 4-3 end before Wade Phillips showed up and moved him to a 3-4 outside linebacker and that lighted a fire in him because he was tearing it up before an early IR trip. From what I've heard, the Bills plan on using him as a 4-3 end so we'll see if he can get back to his 2007 and 2008 status. I'm not saying it was a bad signing, it was great for Buffalo to improve their pass rush and get some excitement but I just feel he is overrated a little bit.

I may be a homer on this issue, but I think stealing a 26 year old All Pro from a division rival is huge. Nicks is one of the best offensive lineman in the league, and is arguably the best guard. You can maybe name 1 or 2 better, maybe.

Have the Bucs EVER had a receiver like Vjax? I think he was their best signing. They now have a receiver that can take over games, something they have severely lacked for a long time.

Honestly, if I was going to pick a Buc, it would be Vincent Jackson. This guy is exactly what the Bucs needed. A deep, vertical threat who can spread out our offense. He's going to make the whole offense better and make guys like Kellen Winslow and Mike Williams shine. Nicks is definitely a huge signing too and probably gives us the best guard duo in the NFL, but I think Jackson has more of an impact on the team.

If I had to pick one overall though, I think I would go with Mario Williams.

Have the Bucs EVER had a receiver like Vjax? I think he was their best signing. They now have a receiver that can take over games, something they have severely lacked for a long time.

If V-Jax with a few years younger, I'd agree. But him being 29 concerns me a little bit. I'm still excited as hell about that one, but I think Nicks is a better pickup. Jackson is a flashier signing though.

lol, beat me to it.

If V-Jax with a few years younger, I'd agree. But him being 29 concerns me a little bit. I'm still excited as hell about that one, but I think Nicks is a better pickup. Jackson is a flashier signing though.

Eh, he may be 29, but WR's last pretty long. He has some good years left in him.

Eh, he may be 29, but WR's last pretty long. He has some good years left in him.

Yeah, but signing FAs on the verge of hitting 30 no matter the position has always been concerning to me. Don't get me wrong, I love V-Jax but I have more concerns about him than Nicks.

I don't think people really realize how good Nicks is, just because he is a guard doesn't diminish how great of a player he is.

most WRs last into their mid 30s, you can prob get a good 5-7 years out of him, which in NFL terms is a near eternity

most WRs last into their mid 30s, you can prob get a good 5-7 years out of him, which in NFL terms is a near eternity

I think we could too. Trust me, I'm pumped about having Vincent Jackson in a Bucs uniform but I just think Nicks is THAT good of a player.

I think we could too. Trust me, I'm pumped about having Vincent Jackson in a Bucs uniform but I just think Nicks is THAT good of a player.

ok, it just sounded like you saw 30 as an absolute brick wall, which it isn't as far as WRs are concerned, especially since VJax missed most of a season due to his 2010 hold out

Edited by oochymp

It's absolutely Carl Nicks, because he's got the other pieces around him to be a damn bulldozer for the Bucs. Mario is just one great player in Buffalo. They need about 10. They've got three or four in Mario, Stevie, Fred, and is it Kyle Williams on their DL?

ok, it just sounded like you saw 30 as an absolute brick wall, which it isn't as far as WRs are concerned, especially since VJax missed most of a season due to his 2010 hold out

I don't think 30 is an absolute brick wall, but I do get nervous with guys close to 30 getting big FA contracts. There are a few concenrs for me with V-Jax, but in general I am pumped about him. Mike Williams got exposed for not being able to get seperation down the field last year and we need a big playmaking WR like him.

I think Offensive Guards are overrated. The fact that they don't get drafted in the top 10 EVER no matter how good they are is probably solid evidence to back up my claim. Nicks is a great player, but how much difference will a Guard make when your OL as a whole is pretty weak? You also could've had Ben Grubbs for a cheaper contract. Meanwhile, VJax is a guy you can throw it up to anytime and he has a great chance at coming down with it. Dude is a flat out monster who is uncoverable at times and like NBB said, will open up things for the rest of the offense. He can take over games and Freeman has the ability tog et him the ball deep down field. I'm not saying OL is unimportant, but OG specifically isn't really a position worth investing that kind of money in. That's just my opinion, though.