Sign in to follow this  
KiLaSix9

Bucs 'strongly considering' RB T. Richardson

The Bucs are "strongly considering" drafting Alabama RB Trent Richardson at No. 5 overall, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

New coach Greg Schiano, a long-time adherent of run-dominant offenses, called the 2011 Bucs one of the worst teams he's ever seen from a ball security standpoint. Richardson would fix the backfield fumbling issues while providing game-breaking ability and three-down skills. Schiano clearly "loves" Richardson; he just has to hope the Browns haven't fallen just as hard for the draft's top back.

Source: Tampa Bay Times

I've been adamant about us tacking Claiborne with our first pick but based on what the coaches are saying, his dominant pro day and the fact that he fills a need, we will probably take him in the first. Not that I'd be mad either. We can't go wrong with either player and if we can establish a strong running game in 2012, our offense should be really hard to stop.

I'm all for Richardson. Guy is going to be special, so let him be special in Tampa Bay.

If Claiborne is there, I would rather see us take him, but I wouldn't be disappointed with Richardson. All I have heard is positive things about this guy and he seems like a baller. He would really make our offense explosive.

It depends on what Cleveland does though. They are really high on him too.

Yeah, he's coming to C-Town.

I think we really need to come out of the first round with a WR. If it's not Blackmon at 4 but Richardson that's cool with me but that next one HAS to be a WR IMO.

Browns will be taking Tannehill or Blackmon.

Mark it down.

Trent Richardson to the Bucs at #5 overall. :rock:

It depends on what Cleveland does though. They are really high on him too.

Justin Blackmon is going to Cleveland,IMO..So that means Bucs will have a great choice at 5,taking either Claiborne or Richardson..Just a week ago,I considered Claiborne as a sure pick for Bucs but now I'm all for Richardson..

Browns will be taking Tannehill or Blackmon.

Mark it down.

Trent Richardson to the Bucs at #5 overall. :rock:

Sorry, BucD. Browns select Richardson and we'll get our receiver at #22.

Sorry, NaTaS. :nope:

Trent Richardson is the newest Buc! Welcome to TAMPA BAY, TRENT!! FLORIDA BOY STAYIN' HOME!

:rock:

This is what I see happening. Grab a stud in Richardson at #4 and then they still can end up with Hill, Jeffrey or Wright at #22. Both of them would immensely improve their offense.

If the Browns do take Tannehill, I say the Bucs trade down a few spots to the Jags because they will want Blackmon. Then, we end up with more picks and either Claiborne or Richardson. Which ever one the Rams don't decide to take.

This is what I see happening. Grab a stud in Richardson at #4 and then they still can end up with Hill, Jeffrey or Wright at #22. Both of them would immensely improve their offense.

If the Browns do take Tannehill, I say the Bucs trade down a few spots to the Jags because they will want Blackmon. Then, we end up with more picks and either Claiborne or Richardson. Which ever one the Rams don't decide to take.

Nope.

They'll take Blackmon and then a Doug Martin, David Wilson or Lamar Miller.

Nope.

They'll take Blackmon and then a Doug Martin, David Wilson or Lamar Miller.

I think Martin, Miller and Wilson all would be reaches at 22.

There is a huge drop off at RB talent after Richardson. Not so the case at the WR spot. If we dont take Richardson, we'll trade down.

I think Martin, Miller and Wilson all would be reaches at 22.

Completely disagree.

Also, WR is not as deep of a group as RB in this year's draft.

There is a huge drop off at RB talent after Richardson. Not so the case at the WR spot. If we dont take Richardson, we'll trade down.

:yep: Richardson is hands down the best back in the draft. Many people are comparing him to AP. On the other hand, I've heard plenty of different names for best WR in the draft.

• Upvote 1

Also, if the Browns DO take TR at #4 (I don't think that happens) then we'll just take MoClay at #5 and then Doug Martin in the second and it won't be a reach. Not in the slightest.

Also, if the Browns DO take TR at #4 (I don't think that happens) then we'll just take MoClay at #5 and then Doug Martin in the second and it won't be a reach. Not in the slightest.

If David or Brown was there at 37, I would rather us take one of them over a RB. I think we'd be fine addressing RB in the 3rd round.

If David or Brown was there at 37, I would rather us take one of them over a RB. I think we'd be fine addressing RB in the 3rd round.

Not for as much as Schiano wants to run the ball. Power run game. Blount and TR/Doug Martin would be awesome. Hell, even David Wilson.

Brown is an athletic freak with no instincts. Oh hell no....NO THANKS! Haven't you had enough of one of those in Quincy Black?? lol

Doug Martin should for sure be there at pick #36 and the value of Claiborne and Martin would be much higher than picking Richardson and a CB or LB in the 2nd imo. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again, drafting a RB that high regardless of talent is a waste if we can't stop the oppositions offense.

With Hillis gone, the Browns have much more of a need at RB then they do at WR.

I'm so confused about this whole Trent Richardson thing honestly. I know Blount isn't a 3rd down guy, but was he really that bad? I mean from everything I can see he's capable of being the go-to guy. You don't have to take him out everytime the play call is a pass. If they work him on his blocking, he'll improve. Regardless, who cares. Keep him out there for 1st and 2nd down. You can EASILY find a 3rd down running back between the 3rd and 7th rounds somewhere of value.

The Bucs just seem like they have much more important needs than running back. Specifically on defense IMO.

Blount really isn't good at anything except being a monster in open spaces. He is tough to bring down but he has poor vision, isn't very fast, fumbles a lot, can't catch, can't block, hasn't been reliable on a weekly basis yet. He doesn't have to be replaced with a guy Richardson necesarily, but Richardson is a special talent and Blount is no reason to pass on the guy. Already made the same mistake years back passing on Adrian Peterson because of Cadillac.

I also think even if we go RB in the 2nd or 3rd round, that guy will be getting a bulk of the snaps over Blount by the time the season is over. Blount just doesn't fit what Schiano envisions in the offense, IMO. He's already made comments that Blount won't see the field if he doesn't fix his fumbling problem.

Also, RB is as big of a need as any position except maybe LB for the Bucs. No depth, Blount hasn't proven reliable yet, we had to deal with nonstop Lumpkin at the end of the season last year because of the lack of attention the front office has given the position. It HAS to be adressed in the first three rounds. Mossis Madu is the only back currently signed to the team (Blount is a ERFA).

You make Blount seem like somebody who doesn't belong on the roster... ha.

You make Blount seem like somebody who doesn't belong on the roster... ha.

Not at all, but the dude is no Barry Sanders. He needs a different role in the offense. One that takes advantage of his ability to make big plays in the open field, but doesn't force us to play him in situations that render him useless. He also seems like a guy who just frustrates the hell out of coaches. I get the feeling that Raheem and his staff were getting pissed at him big time at the end of the season and he was seeing less and less reps. Now, they were all idiots but Schiano hasn't exactly given him a vote of confidence yet either. There is chatter that the guy isn't the brighest bulb around when it comes to understanding assignments and football in general. I won't be too judgemental on that because I don't know the guy, but it wouldn't shock me.

I hope RB is adressed early, because we need big help there. We talk about being a run oriented offense but don't have the backs to do it. That isn't to say I hope Blount never sees the field, but there is NO reason to just crown the guy our primary back either.