Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Closest Prospect to a "Sure Thing"

The draft is rapidly approaching...

Which prospect in this years class is the closest to being a "sure thing". Lowest chance of being a bust, and an extremely high chance of being a starter for the next 10+ years and a great one at that.

Trent Richardson. His production against top notch defenses, his build, his film, and his work ethic all combine to make him as bust proof as possible, IMO.

Luck and Richardson are the two guys I absolutely cannot see being a bust. Like Sarge said, Richardson has everything, and as for Luck, if you look at every QB bust they all had question marks that Luck simply doesn't. Outside of those two there is nobody that I can't see being a bust.

Richardson for this years draft. I can't say either Luck or Griffin are sure things. Not yet anyway. But definitely looking to be in great shape for good careers.

Richardson reminds me a lot of AP coming out of college. I'm not trying to compare them, but he's got the same work ethic that AP always has had. He's strong, he's got a good base under him. Not to mention the boy is fast too! He's just got everything that anyone would want in a #1 running back. He has some concerns with his knees but I really think that if he stays working out as hard as he has been, it should be a null point.

in the context of the question presented, I can't say Richardson. Not because i dont think the man is going to come in and be a star, but because the way he plays in regards to the question I dont see him as a decade plus guy. Especially if he goes to the browns because he will get 30 + a game most likely. Now for 7 years I think the man is going to be a absolute monster on the field.

I would see Kalil as a safe pick. Tyron Smith played well last year and was suppposedly the best tackle in the draft when he was drafted. Kalil kept him on the right side of the line instead of the left. I think Kalil with the experience his elder brother can share and his natural physical tools he could be a dominant guy for over a decade.

Another guy I have thought about is David Decastro, he may also be a dominant guy for over a decade.

Especially if he goes to the browns because he will get 30 + a game most likely.

You're in our division so I'd expect you to know the offense that Shurmur is running. We're running a their version of the WCO - there is NO WAY Richardson is getting 30 carries a game. When Hillis was healthy at the beginning of the year, he was getting 6-10 touches a game compared with his 20+ touches under Mangini. Shurmur just doesnt run his offense that way.

Matt Kalil, Fletcher Cox, David DeCastro. All of these guys are sure-fire beast NFL players.

It is easily Richardson. At worst, he is an average NFL back still capable of rushing for 1,000 yards. Assuming he can stay healthy of course, he could end up like Ki-Jana Carter, but it is impossible to predict things like that.

You're in our division so I'd expect you to know the offense that Shurmur is running. We're running a their version of the WCO - there is NO WAY Richardson is getting 30 carries a game. When Hillis was healthy at the beginning of the year, he was getting 6-10 touches a game compared with his 20+ touches under Mangini. Shurmur just doesnt run his offense that way.

Yes I see what is going it on over there. The problem is Hillis did not come on until the end of the year. who was left to rush after that ? Ogo. yeah you may run a WCO, so did Bill Walsh he had a guy named Roger Craig, I guess west coast offenses dont use running backs then ?

And his history would not be indicative of scaling the run down to twenty carries considering that he was the Rams offensive coordinator under Spagnuolo, They had Steven Jackson that ran quite a bit there too. And he is the type of back that Richardson is.

He will get at least 20 carries a game not 6-10.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Keuchly.