Sarge

The good news thread

I'm off work for the Super Bowl. :party:

• Upvote 1

...I spent less than $30 on a pair of new shoes. Which is a big deal for me, seeing as I HATE buying new shoes. Period.

Well... my GPA held through and I finished with a 3.85 GPA this semester. My lowest grade was a 92 in AP History. So fucking close...

Nice, SteVo :yep:

I have to turn in my graduation app by Friday

Related to my last post, but I sent in a cover letter and resume on Monday for the University of Utah Football strength and conditioning intern position, and today I was informed that I got an interview :corn::party::yep:

82942867.jpg

I bet you were all like...

tumblr_m3ifrhPdll1qj4cvao1_250.gif

Either way congrats man, and good luck.

• Upvote 1

I bet you were all like...

tumblr_m3ifrhPdll1qj4cvao1_250.gif

Either way congrats man, and good luck.

Thanks

haha pretty much, and I love that Brad Pitt character...

then

he gets shot in the face

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
SPOILERS, DAMN

That's fuckin' awesome, Socal. Dominate that interview! :rock:

• Upvote 1

Thanks

haha pretty much, and I love that Brad Pitt character...

then he gets shot in the face

Yes it was crazy I felt as though they brought no closure ot his or clooneys character.

Brad Pitt was the only good thing about that terrible movie.

But I digress, congrats socal.

Brad Pitt was the only good thing about that terrible movie.

Surprised that you of all people disliked one of, in my opinion, the best black comedies of the past decade.

After searching for a couple of weeks, I finally have a job. It's in no way ideal but it pays 14.25 an hour and I go 4 days on 3 days off for 10 hours a day.

• Upvote 2

Applied for Graduation this past week and send out my two grad school applications to pursue and MFA in Creative Writing.

I know the writing samples and recommendations are solid, but I'm a little worried about everything else.

Applied for a regular hourly bottom-rung job at Five Guys burgers last week. Went to an interview on Friday, got called this morning to come back for a second interview for a possible management spot in the restuarant.

:p

Good work, Anthony. :yep:

Applied for a regular hourly bottom-rung job at Five Guys burgers last week. Went to an interview on Friday, got called this morning to come back for a second interview for a possible management spot in the restuarant.

Not to be rude, but does this mean the military didn't work out?

We need a 5 Guys around here... Only been there once when I went to Chicago last summer and it was a mouthgasm.

You know what? 5 Guys opened here, and it was pretty good the first time I went, but then a JL Beers opened, and as far as burger chains goes, JL Beers wipes the floor with the rest (of those around here, anyway). On the other hand, ND has a bunch of local restaurants that have amazing burgers, so rarely is a chain the best option in town.

Congrats either way, Duck. You deserve the opportunity and I look forward to hearing that they've hired you for a management position.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of 5 guys. They're definitley better than standard fast food burgers but they're so expensive. For the price of a burger there I could get a better one from a sit down restaraunt.

Not to be rude, but does this mean the military didn't work out?

Sadly, the military didn't work out like I had hoped. But I do believe that it was for the better in the long run.

Still no word on when exactly my second interview is going to be. I had hoped they would have called me yesterday, but they didn't. I am guessing it will be today.

Side note: I always found it humorous that Five Guys were consistently voted "Best Value" in the burger category. I have a hard time calling an $11 meal a 'value', even one as good as Five Guys.

We need a 5 Guys around here... Only been there once when I went to Chicago last summer and it was a mouthgasm.

But, Chicago is such a shithole! Why would you even go to that dump? :rolleyes:

Major props and congrats to Duck Fallas! :beerchug: Go get 'em!

I had my second interview with Five Guys burgers yesterday. They confirmed that they are looking to possibly bring me in and fast track me into a General Manager position. We didn't really discuss what my potential salary will be, but he did say that it is not an hourly wage. For the first 150 hours (the time it takes before I can be certified as a GM) I will be working 58 hours a week and making between $12-13/hr. That would lead me to believe that the salary is in the $40K range, which is certainly not bad for a start.

However, there are also two other applicants that they are looking at for the same position, so I may not even get the job. But I know that I can dominate the position with my work ethic and desire to be the best.

Don't forget your sex appeal, which is the main things these guys care about.