Sarge

The good news thread

Almost done with my first week at the new job. Love it..... Everyone is just so happy to be there, the atmosphere is fun and light and exciting... It's been challenging, but in a good kind of way that is making me a better and more well rounded person. And overall I am just really excited about my future here.

Congratz!

I start a new job tomorrow at a seed plant. It's a seasonal gig where I can leave once the farm gets into gear. It has a normal schedule. 7am to whenever the close is (I haven't heard yet but I'm hoping for 10 hour days 5 days a week so there's overtime).

Also, with the price of land and the sheer difficulty it'd take for me to get into farming as my only job without waiting for my dad to retire, I'm hoping there's potential for full time at the gig. I'd keep the one quarter of land that I rent (if my landlord agrees to new contracts as the years go on) and continue to help my dad on the side. It'd be great if I could land benefits, too, to wipe out a bunch of my every month bills.

• Upvote 1

Been at this job less than 4 months and I've gotten two $1 raises now.

Are they hiring, lol?

Another semester in the books. :dance:

Twenty-seven more to go.

• Upvote 2

There's Medellín, which was once the home of Pablo Escobar and his rogue organization of drug cartels.

"Was Once"? Way to spoil narcos, asshole.

Jkjk I hope it's great.

• Upvote 2

Got the grades I needed to get into my major (I was accepted on the condition that I get C's in 3 classes, and I got an A, A-, and B+ in them). On top of that, made Dean's list this semester and finally brought my GPA above a 3.0. Sitting at a 3.26 cumulative GPA and a 3.16 for courses relating to my major.

Well done! What major?

Well done! What major?

Right now, I'm going into Industrial and Systems Engineering!

• Upvote 1

So... I opened up to some friends and family about my diagnosis with depression, and it went way better than I thought. I didn't anticipate people understanding my situation, but they all expressed total support. I didn't run into anyone who told me to "just snap out of it". I'm optimistic about the medication and also will begin seeing a therapist.

Basically, long term outlook = positive. And that's all I'm going to focus on.

• Upvote 1

Quit my job today.

:dance:

Also belongs in the bad news thread.

:welp:

If you're genuinely excited about it, it was a good decision.

It's not really excitement. It was just time.

It just sucks at the same time. :yep:

Been out of work for almost a year. Just got a job recently as an IT consultant. It's awesome. Don't have any time.

Awesome news, man. Hope it works out great for you.

I've wrestled with it for a while, but recently I applied for PSP.

For those that don't know...that is Pennsylvania State Police. I hate this state...but when you're starting salary is around 60k? That's hard to pass up.

I said fuck it a few months ago, not really expecting anything to happen, but I passed their written test and physical and now all I have to do is the interview.

Who knows what'll happen and I honestly don't know if I'll do it simply because I want to be back down South with my family more than ever.

We'll see what happens, but it's promising to know that at least I'm being considered.

I've wrestled with it for a while, but recently I applied for PSP.

For those that don't know...that is Pennsylvania State Police. I hate this state...but when you're starting salary is around 60k? That's hard to pass up.

Now ATL beating on normal citizens not target practice. :p Edited by Chernobyl426