Sarge

The good news thread

Just finished my senior capstone presentation!

• Upvote 1

What kind of job?

Software development.

Edited by blotsfan

Sounds great, man. Congrats.

Landed a job at my local country club.

cain+smile.gif

Is that the job we all made fun of you for dressing like a hoodlum when you went in for the application?

Landed a job at my local country club.

cain+smile.gif

Is that the job we all made fun of you for dressing like a hoodlum when you went in for the application?

:yao:

Yes, and I was like ''bet you guys I still get this job'' :troll:

The first time I went in, the guy gave me the wrong application, and no one was there so it didn't matter anyway (as far as what I was wearing).

Get me some few golf outings pls,.

Saw Wiz this past weekend at PSU, have a new girl.

Medically/Psychologically I am much better than I was a month ago.

Also got an internship next summer with the Ocean City, MD. Police Department, and looking into becoming a state policeman in New Jersey, or city cop in Philly or Baltimore when I graduate next year.

• Upvote 1

I graduate on Friday

I am moving to Oahu in 3 weeks, I got a position with the University of Hawai'i strength and conditioning staff.

You lucky lucky bastard.

Got myself out of a potentially dangerous situation tonight and broke up with a girl pretty seamlessly. She's a good, interesting woman but there was just too many things clashing between us under the radar. Too many differences of opinion and life desires. We were both performing for one another and that's just not healthy.

Never fought during this time with her, and even breaking up wit her went well. Granted, it's always easier when both people see the dead end sign approaching. One of us would have had to sacrifice their lifestyle, and that's just not how to go about it.

Only problem is she seems to want to be flirty, affectionate friends with benefits. In most cases, I'd be down. This girl has an amazing body and is just fun to spend intimate time with, but I just want to move on and not get caught up in being a thing again.

They grow up so fast.

Completed my first semester of big boy college today.

Only twenty-seven more to go.

• Upvote 2

I have completed all necessary steps to finish graduating with a Masters in Philosophy AND I have a teaching job lined up already at a local community college so I also get to stay here in Kentucky, which was basically my #2 scenario, (#1 was Hawaii but that was always just a bit short of a pipe dream. :D)

Congrats man! That's awesome!

I have completed all necessary steps to finish graduating with a Masters in Philosophy AND I have a teaching job lined up already at a local community college so I also get to stay here in Kentucky, which was basically my #2 scenario, (#1 was Hawaii but that was always just a bit short of a pipe dream. :D)

Not everyone can live my life :smug:

Guest Phailadelphia

PhD next?

PhD next?

Eventually, perhaps. Want to do some actual real-life work for now, kinda tired of school. Don't have the funds for a PhD atm either.

I was in Oahu for four years, always want to try to get back there.

Congratulations, dude!

Guest Phailadelphia

PhD next?

Eventually, perhaps. Want to do some actual real-life work for now, kinda tired of school. Don't have the funds for a PhD atm either.

I was in Oahu for four years, always want to try to get back there.

Haha, same reason I haven't gone back for my masters yet (also doesn't help that I love my job and work 60 hours a week).

Congrats man. That's great that you're getting your Master's.