Sarge

The good news thread

I move into college tomorrow. Less than 12 hours.

As someone who just finished his first week at school, it's a fairly quick adjustment, although the campus here at GS is nothing like tOSU's.

Enjoy your collegiate career; it goes by far too quickly.

• Upvote 2

Seriously. Just do stuff with people. Obviously you need alone time, but for when you first get there, really focus on making friends. I made a few friends my 3rd week of college and that was pretty much the group I hung out with for the next four years.

• Upvote 1

:clap:

Good to hear, man. I haven't ever fallen into the grips of severe alcoholism, but it's only because I feel so damn shitty the morning after I have even one too many. I can't imagine if I could survive while drinking way too much consistently. For once, I'm thankful for one of my body's physical limitations.

You keep fighting the good fight, and I wish you the best of luck, moving forward.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I move into college tomorrow. Less than 12 hours.

Like blots said, try to establish a social group right away. Not only does it make college easier, it creates more opportunities to meet even more people--and the varying kinds of people you can meet are endless. You might meet older students who help you get involved with whatever program will point you in the direction of the career you want. You might meet people who broaden your horizons in every way imaginable (college does this--be prepared the changes). You might meet somebody who provides a work opportunity while you're in school--that's the best, imo. I loved my jobs during college. You might meet women. Hell--the possibilities are endless. Establish that social group.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Like blots said, try to establish a social group right away. Not only does it make college easier, it creates more opportunities to meet even more people--and the varying kinds of people you can meet are endless. You might meet older students who help you get involved with whatever program will point you in the direction of the career you want. You might meet people who broaden your horizons in every way imaginable (college does this--be prepared the changes). You might meet somebody who provides a work opportunity while you're in school--that's the best, imo. I loved my jobs during college. You might meet women. Hell--the possibilities are endless. Establish that social group.

Yeah, I met about 50% of my friends through various jobs I had around campus, and 15% more through those friends. Try looking for a job through school (if you're looking for a job) because you're guaranteed to be working with a group composed entirely of fellow students.

And on a similar note, to contribute to this thread I'll just say that on Monday I start my senior year of college and potentially my last year of education ever. Might do grad school. idk gotta talk to my advisor.

• Upvote 1

So I've definitely met a lot of new people. Didn't know two of my roommates going into college, but they're definitely cool and I've made friends with some of the people on my floor (although my floor is mostly more anti social than I'd like...).

It's been weird adjusting to it. I don't know how I feel about everything being online. I prefer writing out a solution and answer to a math problem rather than having to go through an overly complex process of button pressing to put in a square root sign.

That being said, I've had a great first week of school. I've worked out everyday so far (I hate how crowded everything is). Extending on that point, there are so many people who go to the gym and misuse the equipment. There was a guy sitting at a preacher curl seat and was doing overhead tricep extensions. Pissed me off, because I had to wait on that.

Class is getting better because I've realized that office hours will be very useful for Calculus. I went to meet my professor today to ask him about some questions I had, and I understand everything a lot better. Same with my engineering class. We have an assignment where we have to imagine that we're building a highway all the way from KC to Denver. We have to find out how much money we will have to spend on concrete. That's essentially all we're given. We have to factor in things like the shoulder of the highway, off ramps, overpasses, curving the road to avoid mountains, and bridges for rivers, but I've calculated how much money is needed if you just go straight. Not the final answer, but this is supposed to be a group project and I'm pretty confident that I already have a great start on it.

• Upvote 1

You have only scratched the surface, young OSU.

Apparently I'm doing college all wrong :yao:

Back home after two weeks at school where I pretty much suck at socialness.

Back home after two weeks at school where I pretty much suck at socialness.

You gotta dance if you want to, and hope your friends don't leave you behind.

• Upvote 2

I got LASIK yesterday. I honestly cannot remember ever being able to see this well.

• Upvote 1

I got LASIK yesterday. I honestly cannot remember ever being able to see this well.

Already? It'll get a little better over the next few days. I don't know how it is for you, but the biggest difference is my distant vision: objects far away are more sharp and in-focus than ever.

At my follow-up today I tested for 20/20 vision.

Edited by blotsfan

I'm gonna start living with my online girlfriend for over a year in late October. :corn::dance::panic::wub::sideroll::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

• Upvote 2

I'm gonna start living with my online girlfriend for over a year in late October. :corn::dance::panic::wub::sideroll::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Where did you meet her online?

Hiked and climbed 18 miles and camped in rain overnight at a nationally renowned top 10 hike in continental US. Sore to the point of not being able to even shower for the last two days. More twit pics in the spoiler.

https://twitter.com/benjamin_church/status/506722253812162560

Edited by BC

How large is her penis?

12 inches. :yep: I loooove those foot longs!

After testing on June 5th, 2013 I finally received a Tenative Selection Letter as a Border Patrol Agent in the department of Homeland security and US Customs and Border Protection :rock:

I waited over a goddamn year for this. Now I just need to pass what I need to and they'll have a career waiting for me. :rock:

Congratulations!! :clap:

• Upvote 1

Mathias is gonna make all the illegal immigrants step in dog shit on their way back to Mehico. :smug:

• Upvote 2