Sign in to follow this  
56AceInDaPlace

Around the Horn Webcam

A friend brought it up to me the other day. Ex member here too, but he asked if i hadda webcam. So we could get our gorup of peoples together, and webcam and do a around the horn segment. Wondering if anyone here would be down to do something like that. Have someone who could host it or something. Keep the points tallied and all that , have the questions. Id be down for doing one if i have the time, samething with everyone else. Any thoughts on that? Be interesting to do and itd be rigt off the head opinions and answers. Blog it and upload it here weekly or something. Something to do with the radio show thurout the year??

• Upvote 1

I could actually do this now. I'd be down.

If someone has an account on a streaming website, they could put it up. In any case, I do have Skype so I can do this if you other guys are down. Though it'd have to be on Tuesday or Wednesday for me.

If someone has an account on a streaming website, they could put it up. In any case, I do have Skype so I can do this if you other guys are down. Though it'd have to be on Tuesday or Wednesday for me.

iight, well i have skype too but i dont think it would allow 5 ppl at a time. A website would have to be the location so if anybody whos down or wants in lemme know. Also on which website would be best too.

I've seen huge skype chats before when my friends play League of Legends, up to 6 at one point, so I know it's possible.

I've seen huge skype chats before when my friends play League of Legends, up to 6 at one point, so I know it's possible.

If that works im down. Might have to pay for that many ppl tho but if everyone is doing it then each could chip in or something.

I like the idea a lot, it is just going to take a lot of coordination to pull off.

Guest Phailadelphia

This is a pretty awesome idea.

I'd be game, but we could pull it off with a panel of more than four, if necessary. Why not schedule it for a convenient time for just about everybody, such as 10 or 11 Eastern. That way, the earliest it'd be is 7pm Pacific? This would be a great tool for understanding everybody's point of view in ways simple text cannot offer. You can't hear inflection. You can't hear sarcasm. This would be excellent.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I'd be game, but we could pull it off with a panel of more than four, if necessary. Why not schedule it for a convenient time for just about everybody, such as 10 or 11 Eastern. That way, the earliest it'd be is 7pm Pacific? This would be a great tool for understanding everybody's point of view in ways simple text cannot offer. You can't hear inflection. You can't hear sarcasm. This would be excellent.

It could be like 6-8 i just stated four because more then four would be alot of work to make it happen. It could though if we make it happen.

Right, just like the show, and it would be easier to talk on sports, feel it, understand it. Whoever else wants in just comment in the thread and well see wussup with this. Seems we got a couple so far

I think it would get too cluttered with more than 4. The more people you have, the harder it's going to be for the moderator to get everyone involved and whatnot. And plus... The more people you have, the more time slots you have to coordinate to work together.

I think it would get too cluttered with more than 4. The more people you have, the harder it's going to be for the moderator to get everyone involved and whatnot. And plus... The more people you have, the more time slots you have to coordinate to work together.

Thats wut i was thinking. If we could pull it off then lets do it. If not 4 ppl will be ok. And we just random draw or pick/vote who goes on next show etc. Winner would come back next show due to being the winner.

Check out http://www.icanhazchat.com/. I've used that site with college buddies for web chat. Free and stable. Google+ is also and option but that requires and acct and a circle of friends...more coordination.

• Upvote 1

Alright, I wanna try this site out. I'll be in a room called The Gridiron Palace, so if any of you guys are around, let's see how well this works.

When people are around that is. Maybe later tonight.

I might be interested in doing this occasionally. How would we do it? Like the real show with someone giving points and what not?

I might be interested in doing this occasionally. How would we do it? Like the real show with someone giving points and what not?

Yeah. Way i see it is if theres more then 5 people wanting to do this, we would have to arrange it a certain way. So that everybody gets a shot. We would have 4 like the show and one who asks the questions and gives points/takes points. The host basically. That person would have to be pretty even person. Can see both arguments of the debate. No favorism, just keep it real like the show.

And I guess we can figure out about what website to use, some have posted places. Which one are we trying?

Before the show, if anyone is wanting to take this seriously could post a thread or not. We'll figure which 4 are going on, i think the host should stay the same but thats up to yall. Winner of the show would stay for next time, 3 more could come on new. The host would be the one who would pick out the questions. Host would do some research on each debate before we did the segment.

One more thing, i know not everybody here is into all sports right? I mean some follow basketball football but maybe not baseball. Do yall think the host gives us the questions hes going to ask and then we have a certain amount of time to look up those stories so we have a fair amount of knowledge on the question/topic? I think everybody should have a fair same amount of chance on getting info on the debate is all.

Ill watch it Jags4Real gets involved. That would be awesome to see.

Great idea. The "face time" portion could end up getting pretty interesting.

I'd be down to do this occasionally. My schedule doesn't lend me to it all the time, but it's a good idea. We've actually tossed it around awhile back, but nothing ever came from it.

just reading it, had a suggestion--because of time zones, you could arrange it based on that, or divide into 2 groups if you had enough people, kinda like a east and west side kida thing, with central and mountain going to the closest ones..

that way--you don't have time as a problem, if you had difficulty in scheduling..or have a rotation, and that way--whenever people couldn't do it, you have a backup "guest" step in, just like the show does with certain guys...(who gets to be jackie mcmullan?)

anyway--i am not interested, just read it and thought of those variables...

• Upvote 1

I think that would be cool as hell. I would be down. The only caveat is it has to be all about football if I do it. I really only watch football and mma. I follow hockey to but I dont know the history for reference like I do the other two.

I think that would be cool as hell. I would be down. The only caveat is it has to be all about football if I do it. I really only watch football and mma. I follow hockey to but I dont know the history for reference like I do the other two.

Aight. We could do shows with various topics, ones with just one sport sometimes too. And steelrain made a good point we could do it like that too.