butta54

Laurinatis vs. Cushing

This is a pretty good one here I think...If you had to build a defense around one of these players which one would you choose?

I'd take Laurinatis. He is a tackling machine and I'd rather run a 4-3 than a 3-4. Pretty sure Laurinatis plays in the 4-3 while Cushing plays in the 3-4.

Cushing played in a 4-3 before Wade Phillips, remember. I'd still take Laurinitis. No steroid past that we know of (I don't think).

Im taking Little Animal. Cushing just has this vibe about him that he's another hgh guy that will suffer from it later in his career.

I will also take Laurinitis. I am still bitter about Cushing roiding up and stealing DROTY from Clay... But aside from that, I just think James is a better all around player. I think he will be for the next decade, and he has probably not gotten the attention he deserves.

Laurinatis,tackling machine without the steroids. He is a more complete player in my opinion too.

I will also take Laurinitis. I am still bitter about Cushing roiding up and stealing DROTY from Byrd... But aside from that, I just think James is a better all around player. I think he will be for the next decade, and he has probably not gotten the attention he deserves.

FTFY

But I'd take Laurinitis because former steroid players scare me. Look at Merriman.

Cushing played in a 4-3 before Wade Phillips, remember. I'd still take Laurinitis. No steroid past that we know of (I don't think).

In all fairness, I wouldn't exactly be shocked if Laurinaitis tested positive for steroids in the future lol.

True. But wasn't he an OLB anyways? I'd rather have a MLB like Laurinitis who can take complete control and is the center piece of the defense.

IMO I think both these guys could play any LB position in both a 4-3 and 3-4

Cushing pretty easily for me. Amazing athlete, instinctive, extremely versatile, aggressive, thumper, shit talker, and a playmaker.

He's a borderline top 5 ILB imo.

• Upvote 1

I would have to go with Animal Jr. He is on par with Cushing, and doesn't have the whole roid baggage.

Cushing easily.

Can I have both? Cushing is exactly what you look for in a SAM backer in 4-3, and his skill translate incredibly well to the TED, or JACK, or whatever you want to call it beside the MIKE in the 3-4. He blows up blocks and is relentless to the ball.

Laurinitis is the ideal MIKE backer for every down, he has great zone defense ability, and a ton of range against the run. He's definitely faster than Cushing, but he's not as intense as a 10 pound taco shit, like Cushing is. That's no slight, but they can't all be 10 pound taco shits.

Only good thing about James is that he's Animal's son. :yep: Oh and he went to Ohio St.

lmfao Rams rush defense up the gut

This was a really really close one. I would love to have both but I'm going Laurinaitis simply because he plays the Mike position which forces him to play really smart and disect offenses. As a ILB in a 3-4 or OLB in a 4-3 Cushing has been able to just run around and play football. Don't get me wrong everyone has to study but Cushing has less responsibility than Laurinaitis has IMO.

Not only is Cushing the better player in my mind but it's hard to find great SAM LB's. We know he can play inside in the 3-4 too. His player type is rare. How many elite SAM LB's are there in the league? How much easier is it to find an ILB?

this should be a simple answer. its cushing. Using the steroid arguement doesn't fly. That effects you almost immedietly. Cushing proved last year that he can play with or without steroids at an elite level

this should be a simple answer. its cushing. Using the steroid arguement doesn't fly. That effects you almost immedietly. Cushing proved last year that he can play with or without steroids at an elite level

nothing against laurinitis, he is a good player too, but cushing is bordering elite.