Milla4Prez63

Official NBA Offseason Thread

Dwight on his way to LA.

Kobe - Nash - Howard

Best Big 3 in the NBA?!?

Maybe a few years ago. But I'd take OKC and Miami's big three over them. Especially since they have chemistry.

Dwight Howard is the best big man on the pick and roll. Nash is obviously one of the best executers of it. I think chemistry will be pretty easy for them. Don't forget they still have Pau.

Dwight Howard is the best big man on the pick and roll. Nash is obviously one of the best executers of it. I think chemistry will be pretty easy for them. Don't forget they still have Pau.

They also have that one guy. Dark Mambo? Can't remember, something like that.

Wouldn't be surprised to see LAL take it this year. But no, they're not the #1 big 3. Miami is and will be for a while.

Edited by karl

Dwight on his way to LA.

Kobe - Nash - Howard

Best Big 3 in the NBA?!?

They also have that one guy. Dark Mambo? Can't remember, something like that.

Wouldn't be surprised to see LAL take it this year. But no, they're not the #1 big 3. Miami is and will be for a while.

Big 4 > Big 3

Why are we only comparing their big 3? They still have Gasol.

Edit: Iggy gone. Sean, you sad?

Edited by KiLaSix9

I agree with Kila, Miami has got a Big 4... Wade, LeBron, Bosh and Allen... we are the better team than the Lakers... Granted, the Lakers do have an excellent squad, but ours is better. Our chemistry compared to when we first started we are pretty much unstoppable lol

I agree with Kila, Miami has got a Big 4... Wade, LeBron, Bosh and Allen... we are the better team than the Lakers... Granted, the Lakers do have an excellent squad, but ours is better. Our chemistry compared to when we first started we are pretty much unstoppable lol

Well see wont we?

As much as I don't like taking on Richardson's contract, between him, Dorell Wright and Nick Young we're a lot better of a team shooting the ball and no instead of having a small front court we have a lot of size down low. Also getting rid of Iggy and Harkless makes room for Young and Turner to get minutes and develop.

Officially official...

@WojYahooNBA:

Trade call is done with the league office. Dwight Howard has joined the Los Angeles Lakers.

The Lakers will send All-Star center Andrew Bynum to the Philadelphia 76ers, who also will receive shooting guard Jason Richardson from the Orlando Magic. The Sixers will send guard Andre Iguodala to the Denver Nuggets. The Magic will receive Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, rookie swingman Moe Harkless, forward Josh McRoberts, three protected first-round draft picks and a 2013 second-round pick from the Nuggets (by way of Golden State). In addition to Howard, the Lakers will also receive Earl Clark and Chris Duhon from the Magic.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lakers--magic-in-blockbuster-four-team-trade-talks-to-send-dwight-howard-to-l-a-.html

Well see wont we?

Yes we will. It should be a very fun and interesting Season. I would love to see a Laker/Heat Finals or a Thunder/Heat Finals rematch...

Lakers' big 3 still has to play a season together so I can't say if they are better or worse..

So it sounds like the final deal is...

Lakers get: Dwight Howard, Chris Duhon, Earl Clark

Magic get: Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Moe Harkless, Nikola Vuvecic, Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga, picks

Nuggets get: Andre Iguodala

76ers get: Andrew Bynum, Jason Richardson

I'm okay with the deal. Afflalo can play and Harkless is a good prospect. We don't have any major long term salary and we can just tank and rebuild now.

tumblr_m7z9x9T5FX1r3k6vy.gif

Damn I'm tired of the Lakers. >_>

The Laker's depth is the only thing holding them back now. OKC Vs. LA is an interesting matchup, but I don't see OKC taking it at this point. Unless if Kobe's and Nash's age haunts them down the stretch.

• Upvote 1

So apparently this was in the deal too...

@JohnDenton555:

Something for #Magic fans to consider in this deal that is being overlooked: Orlando owns a $17.8 million trade exception for the next year.

@JoshuaBRobbins:

The #Magic received a $17.8 million traded player exception in the deal, Hennigan said. Magic will have 1 year to use it.

Edited by BucD

I don't see what good a trade exception is unless you have assets. The only good thing they could do with it is take on contracts people want to get rid of, and somehow I doubt that care that much to do that.

I am so baffled by how the Lakers always wipe the table with the primary team involved in their trades. Christ. First the Gasol trade, then this?

Adding Jodi Meeks is a great move, but does he simply back up Kobe and get fifteen minutes a game or do they play Kobe at the 3 now and then to make room for him?

So I'm trying to think of how the Magic starting lineup will look this year.

I honestly see it playing out as..

PG-Jameer Nelson

SG-Arron Afflalo

SF-Hedo Turkoglu

PF-Glen Davis

C-Nikola Vucevic

The 5 and 4 is tough to project, you'd expect Big Baby to start at one of the spots, but depending on who has a good camp he may get slided to either one. I pick Vucevic to start at the 5 because he is a legit 7 footer with upside while Big Baby is a little small for center (even though he played well there when Dwight was out). The starting lineup looks pretty awful, as it should be going forward. But the bench doesn't look half bad. We have a lot of depth down low (too much honestly) with Gustavo Ayon, Josh McRoberts, Andrew Nicholson and Kyle O'Quinn. Then you'd expect JJ Redick to continue being that solid reliable bench piece, while the rookie Moe Harkless is eased into the league off the bench. The interesting part is Al Harrington, he was a big threat off the Nuggets' bench, but I don't know what Jacque Vaughn would have planned for him here. I'd say keep him in the bench scorer role, where he and JJ make a nice duo off the bench. The biggest question of all is who will be the backup PG. Seriouly, Jameer is the only one under contract lol. We made a mistake letting Philly sign Maalik Wayns. I'm guessing we bring back Ish Smith (who SVG was stupid to let rot on the bench in favor of Duhon), and maybe trade one of our spare bigs for one too.

We're going to suck (we need to), but I'm looking forward to seeing the young guys and how some of these lineups play out.

So I'm trying to think of how the Magic starting lineup will look this year.

I honestly see it playing out as..

PG-Jameer Nelson

SG-Arron Afflalo

SF-Hedo Turkoglu

PF-Glen Davis

C-Nikola Vucevic

With the East getting tougher i dont see u guys winning more then 20 something games if that. Whos projected top picks this upcoming year?

With the East getting tougher i dont see u guys winning more then 20 something games if that. Whos projected top picks this upcoming year?

That is the goal. If we were looking to have a winning product on the floor this year, we would've traded for Bynum. I'm not sure of the top prospects for next year, I like to wait and see how the basketball season goes because I don't like judging high school kids.

I think this trade is a big shake up in the power rankings. The Lakers go from 2nd best in the West to better than the Heat. Sixers go from a team who probably weren't going to make the playoffs to a team who could compete for the 4th or 5th seed and Orlando goes from playoff team to probable top 3 pick.

My top ten teams. Might be a bit optimistic about the Sixers spot but I think they're a lot better.

1.Lakers

2.Heat

3.Thunder

4.Celtics

5.Sixers

6.Clippers

7.Nets

8.Pacers

9.Grizzlies

10.Spurs

Tell me you forgot the Bulls. Or else you will face wrath from Captain Africa. :troll: