Zack_of_Steel

Get rid of the reputation system.

All people do is weep and bitch all over the forums. It's to the point where one cannot simply disagree with a post and neg it without being lambasted by an army of whining panzies.

So many of the board's problems would be gone without the reputation system. It's good in theory, but far too many people get menstrual over a negative reputation point.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So many of the board's problems would be gone without the reputation system. It's good in theory, but far too many people get menstrual over a negative reputation point.

While I agree with this, I think it's a useful tool for identifying those members who are too soft for the Interwebz and can't handle someone disagreeing with something they say.

You, of all people, should understand this, Zachariah.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Zack's suggestion to get rid of the reputation system. It will help to resolve a lot of the forum's problems and current issues, so therefore it should be implemented immediately!!!

Doing that would make this forum far less entertaining.

Watching people cry over rep is hilarious. :yep:

Negative rep is kind of a bitch system in the first place, if you disagree enough with someone to give them a neg then it shouldn't be difficult to make a post arguing your point.

I don't have a big problem with the rep system, and people can whine about getting neg'ed, like Air said, its kind of entertaining. That being said, if it disappeared, no fucks would be given by me :nope:

While I agree with this, I think it's a useful tool for identifying those members who are too soft for the Interwebz and can't handle someone disagreeing with something they say.

You, of all people, should understand this, Zachariah.

I have employed that method dating back to TFP's rep system so yeah, I know what it's about. It just gets old having every thread derailed because pussified cockmongers cry about it. It was fun when people would actually take to the NHB to fight about rep, but those days are gone.

• Upvote 1

The mods should be controlling threads that are being derailed.

• Upvote 2

i personally don't have a problem with the rep system

but if everyone wants it removed i don't have a problem with that either.

If anything, negative rep would just be turned off. The entire system isn't going.

Is there a situation recently that made you come to this conclusion?

If anything, negative rep would just be turned off. The entire system isn't going.

Is there a situation recently that made you come to this conclusion?

Most of the newer members have been shitting themselves at the idea of a dreaded neg, though it's not just the newer members.

I don't think the few people that do have a problem with it should ruin it for everyone else. If the reputation was gone I'm sure these same people might find other things to argue about...some people simply enjoy arguing and causing drama :shrug:

I agree that the rep system isn't a huge deal and nobody should be heartbroken if it's altered, but are we really gonna pull a Facebook and keep things positive with no dislike button? Boo.

I agree that the rep system isn't a huge deal and nobody should be heartbroken if it's altered, but are we really gonna pull a Facebook and keep things positive with no dislike button? Boo.

We could do away with rep and encourage people to post their opinions rather than hitting a button and leaving the thread (something even I am guilty of).

Honestly, the rep system doesn't matter to me. Keep it, get rid of it, whatever. I just thought I'd throw the suggestion out there seeing as we've had numerous problems with it in the past (to the point of making a new user group to stop people from abusing it). No rep means no griefing others with incessant negs, less people crying to the moderators via PM when they receive an unjust neg, more actual discussion in threads, et cetera.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Honestly, the rep system doesn't matter to me. Keep it, get rid of it, whatever. I just thought I'd throw the suggestion out there seeing as we've had numerous problems with it in the past (to the point of making a new user group to stop people from abusing it). No rep means no griefing others with incessant negs, less people crying to the moderators via PM when they receive an unjust neg, more actual discussion in threads, et cetera.

Has this actually happened?

Has this actually happened?

I can't speak for them, but Blue and Razor have mentioned before that they are bothered incessantly with pointless arguments. I can only assume that some of them were due to the rep system, though I could be wrong.

Yeah I've received a few about rep, but it's been a while since then, about a year or so. BLUE usually gets the brunt of them though.

This thread again eh?

I've said my opinion before...

I wouldn't miss it. I think more arguing comes of it than any good it does. We all know who the solid posters are here (Blue, Vin, Zack, F4E), so the positive rep doesn't really make a difference to me. And negative rep obviously causes nothing but arguments, which I hate reading.

Doing that would make this forum far less entertaining.

Watching people cry over rep is hilarious. :yep:

Agree with Alex here.

The mods should be controlling threads that are being derailed.

This.

Meh I don't see why people bitch and moan about it as no matter what system is in place it is always going to get abused one way or another by people who can't take the fact that their opinions can't be accepted by all.

Just keep it as it is as it was why better than the last one and people will moan if they can't get + rep on posts that actually deserve it. By the way I love my new award tag :D

I think the Rep system should stay in place. Sure you're going to have haters who neg just to neg or neg just because you negged them out of retaliation and begin a neg war campaign. You also have friends that tend to each other via the system, biased etc but that's to be expected. That's not enough to get rid of the system imo. I myself am pretty light on the neg button and maybe have a handful of 5 negs (maybe less). I only really neg if someone is drinking on some serious haterade or made a completely and utterly stupid comment.

But I agree with NaTaS and think the mods should control threads that are getting derailed and have good judgement when and when not to intervene. The rep system should stay in place. If ppl can't take criticism, ppl disagreeing with their opinions or haters, have a rude awakening in the real world. Some ppls negs you can respect and others you know are a joke. It's pretty easy to spot who those members are.

Edited by dutchff7

I personally like it. I can say that though because if you neg me I dont really give a shit (test it if you must). But I really like it when someone comes up with a thoughtful post. Granted does it mean a lot to them....probably not but it is more of a, " hey nice post or that is a new perspective for me " type deal.

For instnace when Zack did the pass rushers thing. That was a solid post that a lot of wrok went into and he would be the first to not give a shit whether you liked it or not but it was pretty cool and I appreciated the work that went into it.

Or with razor and his positional watches thing. A lot of work goes into that and it shows by the rep.

Or Vin, Stevo, Sarge and the list goes on.

I am not saying htese people get their rocks off with it, in fact it is probably the opposite but still it just shows that other members respect the intellignece that went into it.

PS..Zack, Suggs should have been higher...hater... but dont neg me for that opinion. :biggrin:

PS..Zack, Suggs should have been higher...hater... but dont neg me for that opinion. :biggrin:

Those lists were based on percentages only. No opinions, just pure percentages.

Someone should tell Suggs' Achilles Tendon to man up and stop being such a pussy so that he can get out and prove my list wrong. :D

Those lists were based on percentages only. No opinions, just pure percentages.

Someone should tell Suggs' Achilles Tendon to man up and stop being such a pussy so that he can get out and prove my list wrong. :D

Dude you are not shitting our pass rush was nil against the Bengals.

I laugh at reputation systems as it's usually the same 1 or 2 douches who troll around and neg rep every single post of the person they disagree with.