AllYouNeedIsLovie

Opening Night: Cowboys @ Giants

Nice forward fumble by Murray. Tyron is getting his butt handed to him by JPP.

Hours away to a new season, boys. Let's make it a good one.

:Cowboys: 24

:Giants: 17

Well-played, Bay.

Edited by Thanatos19

:bow:

+1 to Bay for predicting the score right.

Damn, I'm pissed the Cowboys won. The Giants will be coming out pissed next week against the Bucs. :facepalm:

Always nice to see the defending champs lose...

Except last year. :dry:

I thought they Giants were going to make a late come back to go into over time. The Giants had absolutely no running game and a costly fumble. Corey Webster and crew were getting scorched all night. Victor Cruz dropped a few 3rd down passes, Eli missed a possible td or goal line.

The Cowboys did a good job protecting Romo, Romo had good pocket presence and mobility. Martellus Bennett and especially Ogletree stepped it up, Demarco Murray destroyed the giants defense. The Cowboys corners did a great job eliminating Cruz and Nicks getting physical at the line of scrimmage along with good coverage.

I was hoping for a tie =\

I was hoping for a tie =\

I haven't seen a tie since....

Never mind.

I haven't seen a tie since....

Never mind.

Haha.. I believe it was us and the bengals.. :bag:

Haha.. I believe it was us and the bengals.. :bag:

"Wait, there are ties?"

• Upvote 2

I think our O Line deserves alot of credit for that second half performance, they were under alot of pressure to do something good and I thought they did alright in that second half, They protected Romo pretty well and whenever NY got through Romo got away and we ended up making a good play (bar the two sacks) and If you compare the OLine performance to last time when NY ended up with 6 Sacks then the improvement is there to be seen!

Our Corners did a great job a debuted Rookie going man to man with Victor Cruz is no easy task but I thought he handled himself well and shown a few glimpses that he is going to be a star and Brandon Carr showed his experience and did a great job!

Romo was strong throughout, okay he had one moment of lapse in concentration when they picked him off but he was a the leader in the game and he did a great job making plays, again you go back to the Giants game when he missed that wide open pass that could of ended the game but this time round he made his pass and his movement in the box was as good as its been in years.

Obviously he can't not talk about the Big Dog Demarcus Ware, did a great job putting Eli under pressure got a couple of sacks and it looks as Rob Ryan has a massive boner over the fact he's got quality at the corners and knows hes got a little room now to breath and give creative plays to Ware to get him more sacks!

Overall The first half was pretty poor (by both teams) but then I think we really stepped up in the second and in Eli Time (4th Qtr) we were solid and showed we'll be able to compete if we keep it up obviously the banged up Giants secondary helped us out alot but a win is a win.

Morris Claiborne played extremely impressive. I know Nicks was still feeling that foot injury a little, but he pretty much shut Nicks down the entire game. I was pretty impressed. That Cowboys defense looked great. With a defense playing how they played, you better be winning games.

Romo was very impressive. Loved that audible to Miles Austin for the TD. Great job all night minus clock management.

I was very impressed by a multitude of players and things.

Players:

1. Morris Claiborne- Do we even consider handing the starting job to Jenkins until this kid actually struggles out there? He made a couple of rookie blunders, but he made some nice plays and a couple of tackles that I'm not sure Mike makes.

2. Dez Bryant- Dear God, did he look in the zone last night. Like an entirely different player from the two years past.

3. Bruce Carter- Lee had more tackles and a forced fumble, but I saw Carter make some nice hits and I'm excited for this duo in the middle.

4. Kevin Ogletree- This was one game against a depleted secondary, but I gotta give the kid props for ballin', at least.

The guys who just flat out played well, as usual:

1. Romo

2. Murray

3. Austin

4. Ware

5. Lee

6. Carr

Other observations:

1. The Replacement officials took their time to make calls, and I love that. They talked about most penalties before making the official call and, though I was watching the game on mute in a bar, I didn't see too many blunders on their part.

2. The Dallas OL did a pretty good job of keeping Romo on his feet. 2 sacks against that DLine is practically an accomplishment.

3. Eli misses Manningham. They need to find a strong third target to take pressure off of Nicks and Cruz. Hixon could be that third target, but can he stay healthy? The poor guy seems to get cut and resigned every other month.

4. As the starting TE, Marty B might make something of himself in NY, but he did have a terrible drop early in the game that could have led to more points for the G-men.

Morris Claiborne played extremely impressive. I know Nicks was still feeling that foot injury a little, but he pretty much shut Nicks down the entire game. I was pretty impressed. That Cowboys defense looked great. With a defense playing how they played, you better be winning games.

Idk about shut down...

He had safety help almost the entire game, and Nick's caught everything that came to him, and the Giants were clearly not trying to force him the ball, nor was he at full speed. Claiborne played pretty good considering the fact he's a rookie and he's missed a lot of time due to injuries, but a healthy Nicks probably Woulda done some serious damage IMO.

He kepts Nicks pretty contained though, short routes only, nothing longer than 12 yards, that's a pretty good start.

Tyron Smith's first start at left tackle was pretty unimpressive. Granted he was going up against JPP pretty much all night. Though, on the 4th and 1 I may be mistaken, but I'm 99% sure he was the one that missed the DB on that 4th and 1 to Vickers which is pretty inexcusable. Also had several holding calls.

His best play was the horse collar tackle that prevented the TD before the half. The Giants got quite a bit of pressure on Romo though he was able to duck out of it. Kudos to him for that.

Though, on the 4th and 1 I may be mistaken, but I'm 99% sure he was the one that missed the DB on that 4th and 1 to Vickers which is pretty inexcusable.

That was Jeremy Parnell when we brought in an extra tackle.

That was Jeremy Parnell when we brought in an extra tackle.

Okay, I would have checked but I couldn't find a replay. Either way though, not a great start for him.

Too much Cowboys love in this thread. You're all getting negged :p

The Cowboys did a good job protecting Romo, Romo had good pocket presence and mobility. Martellus Bennett and especially Ogletree stepped it up, Demarco Murray destroyed the giants defense. The Cowboys corners did a great job eliminating Cruz and Nicks getting physical at the line of scrimmage along with good coverage.

Huh?

And congrats on being tied for second in the division :p

Edited by rzb

Guest Phailadelphia

Cowboys have the best record in the league right now.