Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Update: Chiefs sign Dwayne Bowe to five-year contract

Per Rotoworld.com:

According to Yahoo's Jason Cole, Dwayne Bowe "very badly" wants out of Kansas City, but a team source tells the Palm Beach Post he's not being pursued by the Dolphins.

Cole apparently intimated as much in a radio interview before tweeting, "I'm NOT reporting (Kansas City and Miami) are talking trade over Bowe. Not yet, at least." Playing under the franchise tag, Bowe is headed toward unrestricted free agency. With extra second- and third-round picks from the Vontae Davis and Brandon Marshall trades, the Dolphins would make sense as a trade partner, but players like Bowe are rarely shipped out mid-season. He could be franchised again ahead of a potential trade in the offseason. Oct 17 - 5:28 PM

Source: Ben Volin on Twitter

Edited by BLUE

Fins need to get Tannehill some WRs and Bowe is probably a good fit. But no way should they give up multiple draft picks to get him

Nobody should give up a lot for a player in the middle of the season in the NFL. Too hard to adjust to a new team and system at this point for it to be worth it.

Can't blame him. The Chiefs have been garbage this season.

I think Miami would be a great fit for him. The Dolphins need a true #1 WR and he'd be a great weapon for Tannehill to have for many years. Plus, the Dolphins are sitting at 3-3 and are right in it with all the other AFC East teams.

• Upvote 1

I'd want out too if I were him. Cassel and Quinn are in a battle to be his starting QB, meaning Dabol will have to continue his scaled-down offense and rely on the running game, and the team isn't winning. Hell, they aren't even competing most of the time. it's pathetic. Looks like I'll be changing my name here in 2013. :yep:

I'd want out too if I were him. Cassel and Quinn are in a battle to be his starting QB, meaning Dabol will have to continue his scaled-down offense and rely on the running game, and the team isn't winning. Hell, they aren't even competing most of the time. it's pathetic. Looks like I'll be changing my name here in 2013. :yep:

I always wondered why KC took what wasnt working in Cleveland and thought it would work for them.

Anywho, Bowe would love Weeden I think.

Matt Flynn and Sidney Rice for Bowe st8 up :yep:

Edited by BC

Peter King (Lol) said that the Chiefs would probably deal Bowe if they could get a 3rd round pick in a deal. While it would make sense maybe for a team like the Dolphins (Who to me, are a receiver away from being a serious contender) to make the trade for Bowe, not too many other teams would make sense. You're talking about a guy who is clearly going to hit the free agent market this coming off-season. Why chance losing a 3rd rounder and then losing him at the end of the season when you can just try and get him in free agency?

Miami should jump on this, they already have 2 3rd rounders. Giving Tannehill a legit WR would do wonders.

Miami should jump on this, they already have 2 3rd rounders. Giving Tannehill a legit WR would do wonders.

I agree to a point. But that's a huge chance you're taking, even with a 3rd round pick. There is nothing to say that Bowe will even want to stick with your team come off-season time.

I think the Dolphins would be a great landing spot for him as well. They need a true #1 receiver. There are a few good spots for Bowe imo.

:Colts: I think Luck with another #1 receiver in his arsenal (giving Wayne some slack even tho it seems he doesn't need it) would vastly improve this offense and improve it. Lock Bowe in, get some defense pieces and a RB in the draft and free agency if you can and things may look up for that franchise in the next year or two.

:Vikings: I think Bowe to the Vikings could be a substantial upgrade to their team. Ponder still has some growing to do but I think he can continue to win in this league. I've liked him from day 1. They have the best rb in the league Adrian Peterson, they also have a multi diverse talent in Percy Harvin (the playmaker) with a defense that is playing great... I think this would be a great move.

:Rams: Oddly enough, maybe the Rams...I think any receiver would be an upgrade for this team... I'd like to see what Braford would do with a true #1 receiver. Bowe with Amendola making plays in the slot... Maybe.. Their defense hasn't been playing bad either outside the London beat down. This would be a 1st real building block for this team on the offensive side of the ball. The Rams could work with this probably.

I agree to a point. But that's a huge chance you're taking, even with a 3rd round pick. There is nothing to say that Bowe will even want to stick with your team come off-season time.

Bowe according to reports loves Miami.

I think the Dolphins would be a great landing spot for him as well. They need a true #1 receiver. There are a few good spots for Bowe imo.

:Colts: I think Luck with another #1 receiver in his arsenal (giving Wayne some slack even tho it seems he doesn't need it) would vastly improve this offense and improve it. Lock Bowe in, get some defense pieces and a RB in the draft and free agency if you can and things may look up for that franchise in the next year or two.

:Vikings: I think Bowe to the Vikings could be a substantial upgrade to their team. Ponder still has some growing to do but I think he can continue to win in this league. I've liked him from day 1. They have the best rb in the league Adrian Peterson, they also have a multi diverse talent in Percy Harvin (the playmaker) with a defense that is playing great... I think this would be a great move.

:Rams: Oddly enough, maybe the Rams...I think any receiver would be an upgrade for this team... I'd like to see what Braford would do with a true #1 receiver. Bowe with Amendola making plays in the slot... Maybe.. Their defense hasn't been playing bad either outside the London beat down. This would be a 1st real building block for this team on the offensive side of the ball. The Rams could work with this probably.

A lot of people on NFL Network and ESPN thought the Vikings would make a lot of sense, but then you have to remember that Bowe is going to be a FA at the end of the season, and Percy Harvin is going to want a new contract as well. Percy is a #1 receiver in my eyes, he's going to want big money for how much he does on the offense. I can't see them paying two #1 receivers.

Because, no one wants to trade anything for a guy who doesn't want to stick around after the season. I guarantee the only way anyone would even give him a sniff yesterday was if he agreed to sign an extension to his contract when he was traded and he probably told the Chiefs he wouldn't do that. Either that or no one wanted him.

Because, no one wants to trade anything for a guy who doesn't want to stick around after the season. I guarantee the only way anyone would even give him a sniff yesterday was if he agreed to sign an extension to his contract when he was traded and he probably told the Chiefs he wouldn't do that. Either that or no one wanted him.

Yeah, that makes sense. It's kinda like how things were with Dwight Howard in the NBA.

Yeah, that makes sense. It's kinda like how things were with Dwight Howard in the NBA.

Right. If you want him, of course you would want to trade for him. But it wouldn't make sense. You could give up your draft pick and then lose Bowe and have nothing to show for the trade. Especially if you don't even go deep into the playoffs with him.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Dwayne Bowe insists he didn't want out of Kansas City at the trade deadline, and says he wants to finish his career with the Chiefs.

"Why wouldn’t I want to stay here? It’s a no-brainer for me," Bowe said, who became "emphatic" at the topic. "I never said I didn’t want to be here. This is where it started for me. This is where people know me from. That’s crazy to me." Yahoo Sports reported Bowe "very badly" wanted out of Kansas City, but he never publicly commented on the situation. Despite what Bowe says now, whether he's back for a seventh season in 2013 will depend in large part on what kind of front-office housecleaning is conducted. It's hard to see him returning if GM Scott Pioli is retained. The Kansas City Star considers him "unlikely" to re-sign. Nov 15 - 5:49 PM

Source: Kansas City Star

No Brainer....that kind of sums him up.

Maybe you won't have to change your name after all. :shrug: If Bowe really wants to stay, the only way that Pioli has even a snowball's chance in hell of keeping his job is to make sure he re-signs Bowe. That being said, if he does sign Bowe, that could be just enough to save his job. That's no good for anyone. Catch 22 here...

Per Rotoworld.com:

Appearing on Total Access, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported the Chiefs are actively pursuing a long-term deal with free agent Dwayne Bowe.

The two sides have already met, and Rapoport expects talks to continue in the coming weeks. Coach Andy Reid was said to be very high on Bowe when he came out of LSU and ended up being the No. 23 overall pick in the 2007 draft. When the 2012 season was winding down, the Kansas City Star said the Chiefs were not expected to offer Bowe a long-term deal, but since then the regime has changed. There's no reason to think Bowe can't get Vincent Jackson money -- five years and $55 million with $26 million guaranteed. Bowe checks in as our own Evan Silva's No. 2 overall free agent behind Paul Kruger. Feb 14 - 7:21 PM

Source: Evan Silva's NFL Free Agency Rankings

Appearing on SportsCenter Tuesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter said the Chiefs may wind up franchise tagging Dwayne Bowe for a second straight year.

"The Chiefs are gonna figure out a way to keep him," said Schefter. The Chiefs prefer a long-term deal, but they may not want to commit Vincent Jackson money to Bowe for fear of "decreased effort" once he gets paid. Keeping Bowe hungry and in another contract year could prevent against that. If tagged consecutively, Bowe would command over $11 million guaranteed for the 2013 season.