3-3 teams... pretenders/contenders

Patriots- Contenders

Jets- Pretenders

Dolphins- Contenders

Bills- Pretenders

Bengals- Pretenders

Broncos- Contenders

Chargers- Pretenders

Eagles- Hard to choose. They're so damn inconsistent. I'll say pretenders though.

Redskins- Pretenders

Packers- Contenders

Rams- Pretenders

Patriots- Contenders

Jets- Pretenders

Dolphins- Pretenders

Bills- Pretenders

Bengals- Contenders - Let me say this, The Steelers and Ravens are losing key players left and right on both offense and defense. The Bengals have a more than solid defense and a great great playmaker in AJ Green. This is their year to take the AFC North.

Broncos- Contenders

Chargers- Pretenders

Eagles- Pretenders

Redskins- Pretenders

Packers- Contenders

Rams- Pretenders

Patriots- Contenders

Jets- Pretenders

Dolphins- Pretenders

Bills- Pretenders

Bengals- Pretenders

Broncos- Contenders

Chargers- Contenders

Eagles- Contenders

Redskins- Pretenders

Packers- Contenders

Rams- Pretenders

Patriots- Contenders

Jets- Pretenders

Dolphins- Contenders

Bills- Pretenders

Bengals- Pretenders

Broncos- Contenders

Chargers- Pretenders

Eagles- Contenders

Redskins- Pretenders

Packers- Contenders

Rams- Pretenders

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Bengals- Contenders - Let me say this, The Steelers and Ravens are losing key players left and right on both offense and defense. The Bengals have a more than solid defense and a great great playmaker in AJ Green. This is their year to take the AFC North.

Good point about the Steelers and Ravens having some key players hurt, but the Bengals D is not the same D as last year. They have not played too well this year and I don't think their offense is good enough to make up for it. AJ Green is a beast and I like Dalton, but who else do they have?

• Upvote 1

:Patriots: Contenders

:Jets: Pretenders

:dolphins: Pretenders

:Bills: Pretenders

:Bengals: Contenders

:Broncos: Contenders

:Chargers: Pretenders

:Eagles: Contenders

:Redskins: Contenders

:Packers: Contenders

:Rams: Pretenders

Patriots- Contenders - Gotta find a solution to that god awful pass D

Jets- Pretenders - No Revis, run game is suspect. No Tebow magic for them

Dolphins- Pretenders - Tannehill is getting better every week, but I don't see them making the playoffs.

Bills- Pretenders - This team loves to tease you. With Fitzpatrick they'll never be anything more than average

Bengals- Pretenders - Dalon and Green are an awesome duo. But that pass D is dogshit this year.

Broncos- Contenders - Contenders because of that division and Manning is Manning.

Chargers- Pretenders - Norv is holding them back. Too much talent to not be in the playoffs. Good bye Norv at seasons end.

Eagles- Inconsistent, bad coaching and Vick is turnoever king. Ending of an era in Philly

Redskins- Contender - RG3 is the real D, seriously an MV candidate this year. If that D can hold up they could make some noise in the playoffs.

Packers- Contenders - Should have another win if not for replacement refs, this team IS a contender but that free win Seattle got could cost them in the playoffs.

Rams- Pretenders - NFC West is too good this year, Rams are much better team. But still need a better weapons for Bradford and more growing.

:Jets: Contenders

:dolphins: Contenders

:Chargers: Contenders (Never count them out...)

:Rams: Pretenders (the division is too stacked for them to be a contender... even if they did win all the divisional games)

It's too soon to knock most of these names out, and there I thinks I've seen out of all of these teams that makes me think they have a shot to make the playoffs.

:Patriots: - I think we all know better than to count Belichick and Brady out. You still have to wonder how that defense will hold up in the playoffs, though. Contenders.

:Jets: - Mark Sanchez's non-horrible play will only last so long before we arrive back at Tebow Time. I'm not sure which is worse. Put this together with no Revis, and the verdict is clear. Pretenders.

:dolphins: - Miami fans have reason for hope, because Ryan Tannehill doesn't suck. Unfortunately, the team is still coming together under a new head coach. Give it time. Pretenders.

:Bills: - I've personally been wavering for a season or so now, but I am now ready to say that Ryan Fitzpatrick is not the answer. And neither are the Bills, for that matter. Pretenders.

:Bengals: - I think ATL made a great point here: the Ravens' injuries may catch up to them (and they look suspect anyway), and the Steelers are having a down year. If Cincy can string some things together, they can definitely be in the playoff picture. Contenders.

:Broncos: - It certainly looks like Peyton Manning was a smart investment. Now, how he fares in the playoffs (and in the waning years of that contract) remains to be seen. But for now, the Broncos are a playoff team. Contenders.

:Chargers: - Normally I'd say the opposite, but the AFC West is weak, and this team always seems to find a way to sniff the playoffs in December. I don't know whether they'll make it or not, but they'll be in the picture. Contenders.

:Eagles: - Every year it seems the Iggles start off slow, then turn on the jets en route to a postseason run. But this is the year their magic runs out. Michael Vick's turnovers will catch up to him--if his health doesn't catch him first. Pretenders.

:Redskins: - The NFC East is a merry-go-round this year, and RGIII is playing well enough to keep Washington in the playoff picture. Their injuries on defense may prevent them from winning the division, but they can certainly score a wild card. Contenders.

:Packers: - Their victory over the Texans is a reminder of what Green Bay is capable of when they don't have their heads up their asses. And it's a sign of things to come. Contenders.

:Rams: - All of a sudden, the NFC West is the best division in football. That's bad news for Jeff Fisher's team. They'll simply have too many good teams to fight through. Pretenders.

I'm surprised so many people are considering the Chargers 'contenders'.

The Chargers have beaten the Chiefs, Raiders and Titans. In other words, they've beaten no one good and when they face good teams, they get beat (Broncos, Falcons and Saints at the dome).

They have a bye week and then the Browns and Chiefs, but after that, their schedule gets pretty tough. I don't see them winning any more than 7 games, to be honest.

• Upvote 1

Good point about the Steelers and Ravens having some key players hurt, but the Bengals D is not the same D as last year. They have not played too well this year and I don't think their offense is good enough to make up for it. AJ Green is a beast and I like Dalton, but who else do they have?

That is also a good point. People become enticed immediately of the though of Andy Dalton and AJ Green. Now...I know that these are only two individuals, but they are going to make a difference on offense, especially with Green getting all the attention.

Jermaine Gresham is a more than gifted athlete that happens to play at the tight end position.

Andrew Hawkins as well is one of the smallest playmakers I have ever seen, and he makes the most of his catches. The man is averaging 13 yards a catch with only 25 total catches this season. If they give this guy the ball more often...you have two more than capable playmakers at the WR position.

Also, looking at things right now...the Ravens are sitting at 5-1, while the Bengals are at 3-3. 2 games back..with plenty of season left. They have a big game against Pittsburgh this week as well..which will more than likely shed the fate of the Steelers this season.

That is also a good point. People become enticed immediately of the though of Andy Dalton and AJ Green. Now...I know that these are only two individuals, but they are going to make a difference on offense, especially with Green getting all the attention.

Jermaine Gresham is a more than gifted athlete that happens to play at the tight end position.

Andrew Hawkins as well is one of the smallest playmakers I have ever seen, and he makes the most of his catches. The man is averaging 13 yards a catch with only 25 total catches this season. If they give this guy the ball more often...you have two more than capable playmakers at the WR position.

Also, looking at things right now...the Ravens are sitting at 5-1, while the Bengals are at 3-3. 2 games back..with plenty of season left. They have a big game against Pittsburgh this week as well..which will more than likely shed the fate of the Steelers this season.

That's true. Forgot about the emergence of Hawkins and Gresham. We'll see how the Bengals do, but they need to fix up their D if they want to be serious contenders.

:Patriots: - Contenders

:Jets: - Contenders (doesn't mean they're good, though.)

:dolphins: - Pretenders

:Bills: - Pretenders

:Bengals: - Contenders

:Broncos: - Contenders

:Chargers: - Contenders

:Eagles: - Contenders I'm sticking with my guns and predicting Eagles to do well this season.

:Redskins: - Pretenders

:Packers: - Contenders

:Rams: - Pretenders

I did mine a bit late and also based on each teams division. A lot of these teams are contenders simply because of the division they play.

Are we doing contending for the playoffs or the Super Bowl? That'd change up my rankings a lot though.

Patriots- Contenders

Jets- Pretenders

Dolphins- Pretenders

Bills- Pretenders

Bengals- Contenders

Broncos- Contenders

Chargers- Pretenders

Eagles- Pretenders

Redskins- Contenders (As long as RG3 healthy)

Packers- Contenders

Rams- Pretenders

Adding a team to the list.

:Cowboys: - Pretenders

:Patriots: - Pretenders (They'll make the playoffs because the AFC is weak and they have a CAKE schedule, but they have been posers for a while now)

:Jets: - Pretenders

:dolphins: - Pretenders

:Bills: - Pretenders

:Bengals: - Pretenders

:Broncos: - Contenders (Until the playoffs)

:Chargers: - Contenders (They like to do well at the end of the season despite Norv's inadequacy)

:Eagles: - Pretenders (Andy Reid and Vick will never take this team anywhere)

:Redskins: - Pretenders

:Packers: - Contenders

:Rams: - Pretenders

:Cowboys: - Contenders (Their defense is good, their offense just needs to start clicking)

:Steelers: - Contenders (Just gotta' get healthy)

And here is my reasoning too (just because I'm bored right now):

Patriots- They are the Patriots. This team always finds ways to come back from adversity and finds new ways to win as the season progresses.

Jets- I don't think Shonn Greene can last all season as a solid runner. In other words, they have no run game, Mark Sanchez throws more passes to opposing teams than his own, and without Revis they won't be able to cover the top flight receivers late in the season.

Dolphins- They are looking good this year, but to make the playoffs they're going to have to out-do the Patriots. I don't see that happening.

Bills- They're the Bills. . .

Bengals- Good football team all-around. Everything seems to be clicking despite a loss to the Steelers last night. AJ Green and Dalton continue to show superb communication. The defense is as stout as ever imo.

Broncos- Peyton Manning! Despite all the worries, Peyton is simply that, Peyton. He's still the signal caller he always has been and his arm is still top notch. The have one of the easiest roads from here to the playoffs. They are going to win the division.

Chargers- Rivers isn't the QB he used to be. The Chargers can't seem to maintain for entire game. This will be Norv Turners last season as head coach as well.

Eagles- This one is subject to change (For me anyway). This is a great football team. Vick is NOT the answer though. He forces too many turnovers. If Foles is named the starting Qb I see a much heavier load for Shady. If that happens, this team can be serious playoff contenders.

Redskins- With a healthy RG3, anything is healthy. Even with a suspect defense, RG3 has shown he has clutch ability and can keep them in games. They only need to beat the Giants once to prove it. They faltered yesterday.

Packers- This is a strong football team. Despite early season struggles, they proved against the Texans that they are the real deal. Against a stingy St. Louis defense yesterday, Rodgers showed why he's considered amongst the best in the league. I look for that to continue and for the Packers to win their division down the stretch.

Rams- I absolutely love what St. Louis is doing on defense, and they are one of, if not the most improved team in the league. But with questions at running back, and Bradford continuing to struggle, it'll be tough to win anything in the NFL. They are a year or two off still.

Patriots- Contenders

Jets- Pretenders

Dolphins- Pretenders

Bills- Pretenders

Bengals- Pretenders

Broncos- Contenders

Chargers- Pretenders

Eagles- Pretenders

Redskins- Pretenders

Packers- Contenders

Rams- Pretenders

:Redskins: Pretenders

:Steelers: Contenders

:Cowboys: Pretenders

That thread NBB made reminded me of this, not bad Bay.

Had the Eagles and Steelers as Contenders :yao: