Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Darren Sproles out for season with broken hand

I don't think indefinitely means out for the season, though I do think he'll miss significant time. He might be able to play toward the end of the season, because I think they'd IR him otherwise.

This sucks for the Saints. With how the Falcons were destroying us in the screen game, I could only imagine what Sproles would do.

Path for the Falcons is easy as cake this year. They should run away with the NFC South.

Pretty big loss although like Zack said, it doesn't mean hes out for the season.

So I haven't seen any Saints fans this season really after week 4. Especially on here. They always have felt entitled to the "Saints vs The World" catch phrase, has the world won yet this year.

So I haven't seen any Saints fans this season really after week 4. Especially on here. They always have felt entitled to the "Saints vs The World" catch phrase, has the world won yet this year.

You have some "fans" that disappear when their team is in turmoil and you have other fans that ride & support their team through thick and thin :yep:.

There's only one Saints fan on here (Efluxx) and he is not very active anyways.

• Upvote 2

The Biloxi Sun Herald suggests Darren Sproles' fractured hand could cost him up to eight weeks of action.

The Sun Herald allows that Sproles could return sooner if he's able to play with a cast on the hand. We would presume a pass-catching running back would have a far harder time playing with a casted hand than most other positions. The Saints provided no timetable for Sproles' return at coach Joe Vitt's Friday presser, but clearly fantasy owners should brace for a multi-week absence.

Source: Biloxi Sun Herald

Saints RB Travaris Cadet anticipates handling most of the team's return duties with Darren Sproles (fractured hand) out indefinitely.

"Right now, pretty much," Cadet said. "But we may have a little change here and there depending on how the game is going. I'll leave that up to Coach." Cadet is listed as Sproles' direct backup on both kickoff and punt returns. He also operated in Sproles' exact role with the second-team offense in preseason games. Return-yardage and deep leaguers should add Cadet immediately.

Yes in the football part of it the world has definately won. We said we wouldn't miss Sean Payton as coach and we would use the whole bountygate mess as an Us Vs the World mentality to beat everyone kinda like what the Pats did with the whole Spygate thing.

It completely blew up in our faces. We miss Sean Payton more than most fans are ready to admit, we miss Carl Nicks more than most fans are ready to admit and we highly overrated what kind of defensive coordinator Spags was.

I am still a fan and I watch the games but their is really nothing I can comment on except in the power rankings where I think some of you have us ranked to high. Our defense is non existent our running game is non existent and basically our coaching staff is non existent. We have 7 former first round picks on our defense and we are ranked dead last in the NFL.

I do think with Brees still in there we might be able to finish 7-9 or 8-8 but I don't feel the playoffs should even be considered unless the defense turns something around. There is realy nothing to comment on. We are a bad team that is badly coached and that is just the reality of it.I will still root for them and hope for a prayer of a turnaround but I am also a realist and think its too late for it.

Darren Sproles' broken hand calls for a four-to-six week recovery, but there is optimism that he could return sooner.

Sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the fracture is on Sproles' upper left hand near the wrist. The versatile running back already underwent surgery, so his best case scenario would likely be to sport a cast and return in Week 13 in Atlanta. Either way, owners should expect to be without Sproles for the remainder of the fantasy regular season and hope for a return for your playoffs. Travaris Cadet and Lance Moore are expected to handle return duties for the Saints.

Source: ESPN.com