Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfan4

Top three quarterbacks in the NFL right niow?

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Peyton Manning

3. Tom Brady

There are no other contestants. We all know the answer to this. Come on, new member, you can do better than this!

As they're playing?

1. Peyton Manning

2. Alex Smith

3. Matt Ryan

but that's a vacuum, and doesn't explain their situations, weapons, etc etc.

BWare has it right, maybe not the order, but it's those three for sure right now.

How do you leave Drew Brees off of this list?

1. Brees

2. Peyton

3. Rodgers

I see a top four, and it's tough to leave any out: Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning; if forced to pick three I'd probably leave Brees out just because he doesn't seem to be quite the same without Payton, he's still great, but among those four you've gotta find something

Brees

Rodgers

Brady

I see a top four, and it's tough to leave any out: Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning; if forced to pick three I'd probably leave Brees out just because he doesn't seem to be quite the same without Payton, he's still great, but among those four you've gotta find something

Not the same without Payton? Most yards, most TDs, and 7.61 ypa... He's still playing the same football he always has. His team's defense has been one of the worst ever, but his game isn't suffering. They've won 4 or their last 5 games with an average of over 30 points and a QB rating over 110 in said wins.

• Upvote 1

Aaron is having a down year (yes, that is what you call 67% completion, 5:1 TD:INT ratio, and a QB rating of over 100), but he still belongs near the top of the list... I wish we could supply an offensive line that didn't lead the league in sacks surrendered.

Not the same without Payton? Most yards, most TDs, and 7.61 ypa... He's still playing the same football he always has. His team's defense has been one of the worst ever, but his game isn't suffering. They've won 4 or their last 5 games with an average of over 30 points and a QB rating over 110 in said wins.

that's interesting, I hadn't looked at his stats, just the limited sample of when I've seen him play this year he's seemed off, but again, it is a limited sample, maybe I'm falling prey to the all too common tendency to credit the QB with whatever the team does

that's interesting, I hadn't looked at his stats, just the limited sample of when I've seen him play this year he's seemed off, but again, it is a limited sample, maybe I'm falling prey to the all too common tendency to credit the QB with whatever the team does

Yeah, Brees is phenomenal. He would have won the MVP last season if Rodgers wouldn't have had such a hot start and rode the hype train to immortality. Brees was every bit as good as him, and he's playing just as good this season as he did last. I like to watch Saints games because Brees is such a monster.

As of right now...?

No order...

Manning

Brees

Ryan

You think Ryan is playing better than Brady and Rodgers?

not by much, but yes.

Yeah I agree with the Top 4...hard to leave one guy out of that to choose a Top 3. Brees has been carrying that team for years and is doing it yet again this season. Rodgers continues to put up phenomenal numbers behind a terrible olne. Manning has stepped into a completely new team and is looking like he did in his prime. And Brady is just Brady.

• Upvote 2

Actually, I hadn't thought about him before, but yes. He is really playing better. He's above one or both of them in nearly every statistical category. His team is one of the most successful in the NFL, largely due to his play.

At this moment, he's one of the best in the game. He just doesn't really have the pedigree behind him. I'm guilty of writing him off myself, but he has earned a seat at the table this season.

Yeah I agree with the Top 4...hard to leave one guy out of that to choose a Top 3. Brees has been carrying that team for years and is doing it yet again this season. Rodgers continues to put up phenomenal numbers behind a terrible olne. Manning has stepped into a completely new team and is looking like he did in his prime. And Brady is just Brady.

Yep, this is how I feel about it.

Yeah, I agree. It's extremely difficult to leave any of those QBs out. All QBs are playing at a high level regardless of how the rest of the team is performing. The only thing that can differentiate between these Qbs is their records. Saints record is below .500 but Brees is leading in yards and tds. Saints are also a top 5 offense and a top 6 scoring offense so you really can't knock Brees. Brees does have more interceptions though with 9. Peyton has 6 (with three of them coming in one game,Falcons), Rodgers has 5, and Brady only 3 but all these quarterbacks are almost interchangeable.

Top 3

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Peyton Manning

3. Tom Brady

Peyton is playing a better then Brady to me but I would take Brady over Peyton.

Even with all this said, who still wouldn't want a QB like Drew Brees?

Edited by dutchff7

I'd have to say the topic title is a little misleading....

Because if you want the top 5 QB's playing in the NFL, it's undoubtedly...

Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton, and Ben

However, for this season, I think it's a little different, that's why I put Matt Ryan somewhere in that list...and no I don't believe Ryan is overall better than any of those 5.