BLUE

Update: Gronkowski will open camp on active/PUP list

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Patriots reportedly fear Rob Gronkowski sustained a broken forearm in Sunday's win over the Colts.

Late in the fourth quarter, Gronkowski headed to the locker room and didn't return. He's set for X-rays to determine if there's a fracture. Before going down, Gronk piled up a 7/137/2 line in his usual dominating fashion. All owners can do for now is hold their collective breath. Nov 18 - 8:44 PM

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Edited by BLUE

Per Rotoworld.com:

Tom Curran of Comcast SportsNet New England reports X-rays show Rob Gronkowski indeed has a broken forearm.

Both Mike Garafolo of USA Today and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport report Gronk's timeline is 4-6 weeks. Although they are different kinds of players, the loss of Gronkowski may force the Patriots to act with more urgency on Aaron Hernandez (ankle), who's been practicing the past two weeks but has not played in games. Gronkowski is such a valuable player to New England's offense that he figures to be kept on the roster, rather than placed on injured reserve, in hopes of a very late-season or postseason return. It's obviously a crushing blow to fantasy owners, as well. Gronkowski was the No. 1 overall fantasy tight end through ten games. Nov 18 - 9:14 PM

Source: Tom Curran on Twitter

There goes my fantasy team. Hope he recovers fast (outside of fantasy reasons).

• Upvote 1

Didnt even see this shit go down...

Fortunately the division is already locked up so Gronk will be back in time for the playoffs.

Didnt even see this shit go down...

Fortunately the division is already locked up so Gronk will be back in time for the playoffs.

I wanted a bye though.

I think he'll be back in 3 weeks, that 4-6 recovery timetable is for mere mortals.

Well Hernandez should be back soon anyways for the Patriots. Hopefully not by Thursday night though so life is a little easier for the Jets.

First place in Fantasy, a lot in part to Gronk. My team is done now. 2 games up I may even lose my last 2 games because Gronk won't be in based on my matchups. Wonderful. Way to be Belicheck, once again showing why you are the biggest piece of shit douchebag in the league. Run up the score and make your stars play even meaningless snaps. Idiot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

First place in Fantasy, a lot in part to Gronk. My team is done now. 2 games up I may even lose my last 2 games because Gronk won't be in based on my matchups. Wonderful. Way to be Belicheck, once again showing why you are the biggest piece of shit douchebag in the league. Run up the score and make your stars play even meaningless snaps. Idiot.

The injury happened on the EXTRA POINT ATTEMPT, you dumb motherfucker. Don't make it out to seem like he ran a route with less than 2 minutes and got injured. How often do you see players get hurt on PATs? Freak injury. And just so you know, the Pats scored 38 offensive points against the Colts. Hardly running it up. Go hold a grudge against Andrew Luck and the Colts special teams for letting Pats drop 59 on their asses.

And yeah, let's all shed a fucking tear because your fantasy team is screwed now. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hopefully he's back before playoffs. And of course he gets injured when Hernandez is about to make his return.

It would seem the football gods predetermined the destinies of these young TEs, forbidding them to play at the same time... for it will be too much for the collective anuses of the general NFL to handle from the immense amount of butt rapeage that will ensue.

• Upvote 2

Jeez, someones but hurt I am angry. I will be but hurt over my fantasy team. Seeing how I paid 140 bucks to join the league and I'm in first place thanks to Gronk. Sorry, but smart coaches don't leave star players in during garbage time, no matter what kind of play it is. Just a bad decision. "Hey, lets have our star tight end on the field for an extra point attempt, seems legit".

Hell, he probably ruined his teams chances at being a true superbowl contender - at least in my eyes. The Patriots are good, but Gronkwoski is their best player and yes even over Brady. He's a physical specimen. Now he's having surgery some time today and I can almost bet he won't be back until the 2nd round of the playoffs. If they get that far without him and Hernandez. A two tight end system and you have to fall back on Fells and Schianco.

• Downvote 3

Jeez, someones but hurt I am angry. I will be but hurt over my fantasy team. Seeing how I paid 140 bucks to join the league and I'm in first place thanks to Gronk. Sorry, but smart coaches don't leave star players in during garbage time, no matter what kind of play it is. Just a bad decision. "Hey, lets have our star tight end on the field for an extra point attempt, seems legit".

Like I said before, how often do players get hurt on the PAT?

Hell, he probably ruined his teams chances at being a true superbowl contender - at least in my eyes. The Patriots are good, but Gronkwoski is their best player and yes even over Brady. He's a physical specimen. Now he's having surgery some time today and I can almost bet he won't be back until the 2nd round of the playoffs. If they get that far without him and Hernandez. A two tight end system and you have to fall back on Fells and Schianco.

Wow, you are clueless. Trying way too hard to sound like an expert.

#1 - He's out FOUR TO SIX weeks. Wild Card weekend begins in SEVEN weeks. So how the fuck do you figure that he won't be back until the 2nd round? I actually wouldn't be shocked if he healed quickly and was back by the San Fran game. At worst, he'll be back for the Wild Card game.

#2 - How can you say he's better than Brady? How can you even compare a TE to a QB? The fuck? lol.

#3 - Hernandez is most likely coming back this week or the next, so what are you even going on about that they have to fall back on Fells and Shiancoe?

Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

UMADBRO?

Seriously. You're mad because I'm pissed off Belicheck has always been a complete moron with his players during blowouts? Hahahaha Fuck sakes bro. Yes, I'm totally trying to be an "Expert" when it comes to calling Belicheck an idiot.

Dudes having surgery on his arm. You can't sit and suggest that everything will go perfectly just like I can't suggest it will be a disaster of a recovery. I bet you money that Gronk will return in the same fashion that Hernandez has returned. You know, he was supposed to return about 3-4 weeks ago but never truly did. He's lucky it's just a broken arm and not something more severe.

So, in a two tight end system Hernandez is going to play both positions at once? That's a great idea! I wasn't comparing the two, I was simply stating that Gronkowski is more valuable to the Patriots right now than Tom Brady is. I think if Brady went down they would be fine. Oh, I believe that happened before hasn't it?

Regardless, I think if everyone holds the right to tell me how Matt Ryan is a pile of garbage, I have the right to say how much of an idiot the hoody is with his players, and how I believe Gronk is more valuable to the Patriots right now than Brady.

Edited by Chris D
  • Downvote 3

Gronk didn't play the entire last drive. He just came in once we got the TD for the extra point. It's just bad luck, and you're dumb if you blame Belichick for a fluke injury.

Edited by BradyFan81
  • Upvote 1

ESPN is making a huge deal out of the injury.

I think the Pats might manage. :laugh:

My thoughts summed up beautifully

We started to hear the criticism Sunday night. Why was New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski still in the game during a 59-24 blowout victory?

There are a lot of reasons why this line of thinking is silly. No. 1: Gronkowski broke his forearm on an extra-point attempt.

"You always leave your starters in on the PAT, even on the field-goal block team," former Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi said Monday in an ESPNBoston.com chat. "When I was playing defense and we were blowing out an opponent, you were told, 'You're out of the game now, Tedy, but you're still on the field-goal block team.' It's just the way it is in football."

Former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy explained the practice to SI.com's Peter King.

"Jeff Saturday was my right guard on the PAT team, and I'd never think of taking him off," Dungy said. "All my years in football, I never heard anyone, never heard Chuck Noll saying, 'Well, we better get Jack Ham off the PAT team.' It's not something I'd question."

"A broken forearm on a PAT is akin to breaking an ankle getting the mail. Routine act, bad outcome," our sage friend, Tom Curran, wrote Monday.

The extra point should be a relatively risk-free play. Patriots coach Bill Belichick explained it well during a radio-show appearance Monday.

"Football players play football," Belichick said on WEEI, via ESPNBoston.com. "You tell me which guys are going to get hurt and I'll get them out of there."

Belichick also explained why he often doesn't pull starters from the game early on offense or defense.

"I think you have to be careful when you are trying to run a team to go up to one guy and say, 'Michael, we're going to leave you in the game because we don't really care about you, but Glenn, we're going to take you out because you're really important,' " Belichick said. "I don't think that's really a good way to approach a team. I've never done that. I don't think that would be a very successful approach to it."

Source: NFL.com

• Upvote 1

I like the Hoodie's answer much more than "we play til the clock hits double zero."

And I hope Gronk heals quick simply because he's a monster to watch dominate the field.

YOU'RE the one throwing a fucking hissy fit over BB supposedly screwing your fantasy team, and you think I'm mad? Hahahaha.

Okay, medical expert.

The fuck are you talking about?

Wow, I think you just solidified yourself as the dumbest motherfucker on TGP.

The Pats were 11-5 in 2008 because they had the easiest fucking schedule of all time. They got skull fucked by good teams (30-10 loss to San Diego, 33-10 loss to Pittsburgh, et cetera).

Brady is way more valuable than Gronk and it's not even close. This offense will keep rolling even without Gronk. It won't be as dynamic, but they'll still be pretty damn good. You let Ryan Mallett run the show? The team would fall apart.

Gronk being more valuable than Brady is the most asinine statement I've ever heard.

Do us all a favor and post less.

And go ahead, counter my post with a "UMADBRO?".

A hissyfit? Right, I'm the dumb one yet you're trying to decipher a tone of voice over the internet. Dude, you're not helping yourself tbh. My apologies I believe Gronk is the best player on the Patriots team. That's MY opinion, and many others opinion around the entire US based on how dynamic he is. I'm sorry I'm not a Tom Brady nut hugger like majority. You're upset because I dislike Bill Belicheck and this gives me another reason to smash him? My apologies once again. However, that's my opinion. Do ME a favor, and stop acting like a moron trying to decipher tone of voice through a fucking keyboard. Stop Negging me for stupid shit, there's no point, I can be +70 or -70 and it will make no difference to me as long as it upsets you.

Make one sarcastic post to start of the thread and you went off the chain about it. So of course I'm going to keep smashing him, to me it's funny how much a few of you freak the hell out over something someone types on the internet. Quite honestly, I could be calm as fuck, or laughing my ass off, or even pissed off and you wouldn't know because you can't decipher that on here. Even trying makes you seem like a complete jackass.

Now, my opinion stands and always has been since the guy was in Cleveland, Bill Belicheck is a complete asshat. Hate the guy. I expect a Neg for that one too, silly Patriots fan.

Refresher of how you began the thread man,

The injury happened on the EXTRA POINT ATTEMPT, you dumb motherfucker.

^^Yeah, but I'm the angry guy who get's negged 15 times in a single thread. This guy freaks out because I said my fantasy team is going to be garbage without Gronk. :rofl:

Edited by Chris D
  • Downvote 3

A hissyfit? Right, I'm the dumb one yet you're trying to decipher a tone of voice over the internet. Dude, you're not helping yourself tbh. My apologies I believe Gronk is the best player on the Patriots team. That's MY opinion, and many others opinion around the entire US based on how dynamic he is. I'm sorry I'm not a Tom Brady nut hugger like majority.

You're not being edgy or cool if you think Gronk is the Pats most valuable player. If you're not aware, I've basically been on Gronk's nuts since the Pats drafted him in 2010. Meanwhile, Brady is not even in my top 10 of favorite Patriots players. But, I still realize that Brady is the most valuable player on the Pats. It's just common sense, dude.

You're upset because I dislike Bill Belicheck and this gives me another reason to smash him? My apologies once again. However, that's my opinion.

No, I'm annoyed by you crying about how it's BB's fault that Gronk got hurt and now your fantasy team is screwed.

Do ME a favor, and stop acting like a moron trying to decipher tone of voice through a fucking keyboard. Stop Negging me for stupid shit, there's no point, I can be +70 or -70 and it will make no difference to me as long as it upsets you.

LOL'd especially at your last sentence. If it makes no difference to you, then why are crying about being negged? ''Waaaah, stop negging me.... oh, oh, I don't care about rep, anyway!''. Do you realize how big of a fool you're making yourself out to look?

Make one sarcastic post to start of the thread and you went off the chain about it. So of course I'm going to keep smashing him, to me it's funny how much a few of you freak the hell out over something someone types on the internet. Quite honestly, I could be calm as fuck, or laughing my ass off, or even pissed off and you wouldn't know because you can't decipher that on here. Even trying makes you seem like a complete jackass.

Hahahaha, NOW you're trying to say that your original post was ''sarcastic''? Nice try, bro. Way to make yourself look like an even bigger idiot.

Now, my opinion stands and always has been since the guy was in Cleveland, Bill Belicheck is a complete asshat. Hate the guy. I expect a Neg for that one too, silly Patriots fan.

UMADBRO?

BTW, you should learn how to correctly spell BB's name first before you call him an asshat. Just some advice.

Refresher of how you began the thread man,
The injury happened on the EXTRA POINT ATTEMPT, you dumb motherfucker.

^^Yeah, but I'm the angry guy who get's negged 15 times in a single thread. This guy freaks out because I said my fantasy team is going to be garbage without Gronk. :rofl:

I was trying to rationalize your idiotic post. But yeah, because I capitalized a few words, and called you a dumb motherfucker, I was obviously freaking out.

Since you seem to care about it, the reason you are getting negged is twofold.

First off, you see dutch's post? He also talks about his fantasy team, but not like your above quote, which seems to put your fantasy team above Gronk's injury. He also hopes that Gronk gets better soon outside of fantasy reasons. It's okay to be upset that your fantasy team is in trouble. It's not okay to curse out the coach of a real football player for messing up your fantasy football off of a guy's injury. You knew this could happen. Betting real money on a fantasy football league is always a gamble. You can end up getting screwed because of TDs in garbage time, or because of injuries. You knew that going in. BB didn't make you put down $140 in fantasy.

That's reason #1.

Reason #2: You are being an idiotic moron by blaming Belichek. Every single coach in the league leaves their guys in on extra-point attempts. This isn't some novelty idea that BB does. He didn't make a decision, "Oh let's put our star tight-end in on an extra-point attempt," as you put it. No one takes out players that are routinely in the game on extra-point attempts no matter what the score is. The idea of someone getting their arm broken on an extra-point attempt is like breaking your ankle getting the mail, as Teddy Bruschi put it. He has as much chance of getting hurt there as he does doing routine day-to-day activities. Less, actually, given the padding he is wearing. It was a freak accident and it was not something Belichek is to blame for.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

You should probably see the "LeSean McCoy suffered a concussion" thread and see the real example of being a biggest piece of shit by making a star player play a meaningless snap.

Injuries on PAT's happen once in 50000 snaps,Belichick shouldn't be called an idiot.

tyler+laughing+hard+gif.gif

• Upvote 2