blotsfan

Heisman Finalists Announced

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should win the Heisman?

• Johnny Manziel
    • Manti Te'o
    • Colin Klein

So, there are only 3 finalsts this year: Johnny Manziel, Manti Te'o, and Colin Klein. Who do you like?

I voted for Te'o. Manziel has been great, but Te'o has just been incredibly dominant from start to finish.

Not gonna lie. Manziel being a freshman kinda alters my vote a little. Manti Te'o for the win.

Not gonna lie. Manziel being a freshman kinda alters my vote a little. Manti Te'o for the win.

How does it effect something one way or the other?

Yeah, I don't think his class should have any impact. I just think Te'o has been a better player.

I wanna see Te'o get it. Be nice to see a defensive player to get it, even if it is in a weak Heisman class.

How does it effect something one way or the other?

Because I don't want a freshman winning. Not that Te'o hasn't played extremely well.. And absolutely in the talk of best player in the NCAA. Is it a huge factor that will lead to a blowout for Te'o? Nah. But in the back of your mind... Just don't want it to happen.

Because I don't want a freshman winning. Not that Te'o hasn't played extremely well.. And absolutely in the talk of best player in the NCAA. Is it a huge factor that will lead to a blowout for Te'o? Nah. But in the back of your mind... Just don't want it to happen.

...You still didn't answer the question. How does his class effect what he did? Why does it effect if he should win or not?

If anything, shouldn't him being a freshman make what he did that much more amazing?

If anything, shouldn't him being a freshman make what he did that much more amazing?

This.

I see no reason why being a freshman should negatively impact JFF. None at all.

...You still didn't answer the question. How does his class effect what he did? Why does it effect if he should win or not?

The answer is nothing. It doesn't diminish what he has done. Not in the slightest. He has time that others don't, that's all. I would much rather see Te'o win than Manziel who has numerous years to add the hardware to his trophy case, that's all.

I might be the only one here, but I would be pretty surprised if none of the voters took it at least a little bit into consideration.

It is part of the reason I think this vote is going to be so razor close. What.. Only one defensive player has ever won the award and no freshman?

It's going to be an interesting vote, but I will say Te'o takes it.

Johnny Fucking Football.

This. That he is a freshman has no influence on my vote for him, in fact - because he's a freshman makes what he's able to do all the more impressive.

Johnny Football.

Teo is a great player, but not deserving of the award. He has 7 INTs which ties him for second in the country, which is really his only key big stat. And he doesnt have many yards off of them either.

He only has 101 tackles and i think 3 sacks and no forced fumbles on top of that.

I think he may well get it, being on the only undefeated team in the nation which is the number 6 team in total defense.

Also, I think that there not being a clear cut guy for it gives him an edge, since he is defense and we havent seen one get it in forever. Some voters might think the Johnny Football has plenty more chances to win it, and vote for Te'o, who has been a big name in college football for all 4 years now.

I just dont think that Klein will get it.

It would be cool to see a defensive player in Te'o to take it.

if Te'o doesn't win it they need to go ahead and officially make this an offensive award

This. That he is a freshman has no influence on my vote for him, in fact - because he's a freshman makes what he's able to do all the more impressive.

That's how I view it.

if Te'o doesn't win it they need to go ahead and officially make this an offensive award

Te'o probably will win it, even though he doesn't deserve it over Manziel. Just like Woodson didn't deserve it over Manning.

Te'o probably will win it, even though he doesn't deserve it over Manziel. Just like Woodson didn't deserve it over Manning.

Manning didn't separate himself enough from Ryan Leaf that year for them to give it to him. I would have given it to Randy Moss before Peyton. :laugh:

Edited by Favre4Ever

Manning didn't separate himself enough from Ryan Leaf that year for them to give it to him. I would have given it to Randy Moss before Peyton. :laugh:

Manning received 211 more first place votes than Ryan Leaf, and 682 more in total. Leaf was of no threat to Manning or Woodson for that award. It was a two horse race and was considered that for pretty much the entire season.

What likely lost Manning the award was him choking vs Florida for the 4th year in the row. Yeah, his choking dick in big games goes all the way back to his college days.

What makes Woodson's winning of the award even more puzzling is the year after, Champ Bailey had a far better year than Woodson's heisman winning season, and he finished 7th in the heisman voting.

52 tackles, 4 TFL, 3 INTs.

47 catches, 744 yards, 5 TDs

16 carries, 84 yards

12 KOR, 261 yards

4 PR, 49 yards

103.5 all purpose yards per game.

Played 957 total snaps (547 defense, 301 offense, 109 ST).

Woodson winning the award, given the trend before and since then, makes absolutely 0 sense.

Manning received 211 more first place votes than Ryan Leaf, and 682 more in total. Leaf was of no threat to Manning or Woodson for that award. It was a two horse race and was considered that for pretty much the entire season.

What likely lost Manning the award was him choking vs Florida for the 4th year in the row. Yeah, his choking dick in big games goes all the way back to his college days.

What makes Woodson's winning of the award even more puzzling is the year after, Champ Bailey had a far better year than Woodson's heisman winning season, and he finished 7th in the heisman voting.

52 tackles, 4 TFL, 3 INTs.

47 catches, 744 yards, 5 TDs

16 carries, 84 yards

12 KOR, 261 yards

4 PR, 49 yards

103.5 all purpose yards per game.

Played 957 total snaps (547 defense, 301 offense, 109 ST).

Woodson winning the award, given the trend before and since then, makes absolutely 0 sense.

The Heisman isn't decided purely on 1st place votes, though. Peyton and Leaf were so statistically similar that he indeed probably stole the Heisman from Peyton, or at least made a contribution. Was Ryan Leaf ever going to win? Absolutely not. But Leaf stole a lot of 2nd and 3rd place votes that Manning could have used to propel him passed Woodson. Woodson had one of the "weaker" Heisman victories as far as total points go in the 15 years or whatever it's been since he won.

Peyton manning lost the Heisman because of a loss to Florida (according to you), yet you can't see why Bailey didn't fair well after his team finished 3rd in the conference after Woodson went undefeated and helped lead one of the best defenses in the country... ??

You are going to get some serious consideration when your team allows 130 yards per game through the air, allow fewer than 10 points per game, and are one of the biggest playmakers on said defense. The acrobatic catches he made on both sides of the ball certainly didn't hurt.

The Heisman isn't decided purely on 1st place votes, though. Peyton and Leaf were so statistically similar that he indeed probably stole the Heisman from Peyton, or at least made a contribution. Was Ryan Leaf ever going to win? Absolutely not. But Leaf stole a lot of 2nd and 3rd place votes that Manning could have used to propel him passed Woodson. Woodson had one of the "weaker" Heisman victories as far as total points go in the 15 years or whatever it's been since he won.

Peyton manning lost the Heisman because of a loss to Florida (according to you), yet you can't see why Bailey didn't fair well after his team finished 3rd in the conference after Woodson went undefeated and helped lead one of the best defenses in the country... ??

You are going to get some serious consideration when your team allows 130 yards per game through the air, allow fewer than 10 points per game, and are one of the biggest playmakers on said defense. The acrobatic catches he made on both sides of the ball certainly didn't hurt.

W-L record shouldn't have bothered Bailey, Ricky Williams won the heisman and Texas was only 9-3, the same record as Georgia that year. I think Williams was the rightful winner that year, but for Bailey to finish as low as he did made absolutely no sense when he had a much better year than the guy before him, who played the same position, who finished first.

I'm not really upset over Woodson winning it over Manning, Woodson had a great year(I do believe Manning's was better, but it's whatever). I'm just going off what the history of the heisman has showed.

Champ Bailey was more important to the 1998 Bulldogs than Woodson to the 97 Wolverines, and was a better player overall, and the stats show that quite clearly. 33 more catches than Woodson, 3 more TDs, 513 more yards, etc. Bailey had 5 less INTs, but that's really more credited to no one throwing at Bailey than it was anything else. Extremely similar to what his NFL career was in his prime. He would shut down everyone. Which considering how much he played on both sides of the ball, is incredible. That's just not something you see in any level above high school football.

The positioning of defensive players before then and since then just doesn't add up. Maybe it was just a fluke year, who knows.

Also, yes Leaf took votes, but hard to use that argument given we don't know if those voters would have went with Manning or Bailey.

Johnny Manziel by far. He is having a hellvua year and I think being a freshman with those kinda stats helps him out even more.

The whole thing is a popularity contest. Manziel will win, unfortunately.

And throw his numbers against Tebow's and Newton's Heisman years at me all you want. Look at Case Keenum from a few years back. His numbers were off the charts, breaking NCAA records.. and wasn't even invited to NYC.

Instead of it going to the best player in the nation (which I believe is Te'o), it should go to the person who gets most recognition on ESPN. Manziel, RG3, Newton, Tebow.

The whole thing is a popularity contest. Manziel will win, unfortunately.

And throw his numbers against Tebow's and Newton's Heisman years at me all you want. Look at Case Keenum from a few years back. His numbers were off the charts, breaking NCAA records.. and wasn't even invited to NYC.

Case Keenum played in the fucking C-USA. Don't be stupid.

And contrary to what you think, JFF is quite deserving of the Heisman. Most people who haven't watched him much are going to say ''omgz manziel is only gunna win teh heisman bcuz he gets his dick sucked bai espn''.