AllYouNeedIsLovie

Should the Cardinals trade Fitz?

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Cardinals trade Fitz?

• Yes
    • No

Their QB and o-line is garbage and he really isn't of much use until they get those problems solved which won't be for a few more years. I think they might as well trade him now while he isn't too old and is worth something good.

Should they? Yes. Will they? No. I feel so bad for Fitzgerald. I believe he could go down as one of the greatest but he's being suppressed in Arizona with shitty QBs.

If they get a premium return for him, yeah. If not, they just need to get the O-line and QB situation figured our sooner than later, or he's going to waste away.

Should they? Yes. Will they? No. I feel so bad for Fitzgerald. I believe he could go down as one of the greatest but he's being suppressed in Arizona with shitty QBs.

Just curious, why do you think the Cardinals wouldn't trade him?

I wonder how much a cap hit they would take by trading him. He said a massive contract, so I assume it would be a pretty large hit. I don't think they trade him because they will never get proper value for him and that team is really only a QB and OL away from being good.

• Upvote 1

Yeah may as well. This way instead of having a disaster at quarterback, they can have a disaster at wide receiver too!

No, you don't trade your best play - and a guy who is possibly the best player at his position in the league (Save that argument for another day, I can argue both ways). You just don't. For one, you need him there to make the fans show up - that much I believe. Two, why? What sort of pieces will you get for Fitzgerald that you could truly make your team better? I don't think you get near the amount for him that you believe they would. You've got to figure, if they had a better quarterback, they'd be in the top half of the league. You'd get what, a first round? What's to say that one first rounder will pay off? You might get some other pieces but I don't think they'll turn your team around.4

A better idea might be the front office selling their souls to the devil and getting Kurt Warner to return in the same form he left in and being able to go on a superbowl run.

They shouldn't trade him as an organization. Yes, I wish they would personally. I'd love to see what he would do on a legit team with a legit QB. The guy IMO is the best WR in the league. THat being said, the Cards have no reason to ship him. He is the face of the franchise. What they need to do is get him a damn QB and stop wasting his talents with the likes of Kolb, Skelton and Srubby McScrubs.

Out of respect for Fitz for what he did on the field and off the field for the cards they should trade him so he can get a ring.

No way!

They have potentially a top 10 defense, and a pretty good receiving group (Floyd has pro bowl potential). Adding one good lineman and drafting (or the less successful way through FA) a quarterback can make all the difference in the world.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Cardinals need them an O-line.

• Upvote 1

1. Fire Whisenhunt at the end of the season!

2. Beef up the coaching staff so that we have great coaches in place

3. Retain GM Rod Graves, because he is responsible for drafting all of our young defensive players and our defense is very good. Any defense will struggle after a while with such a disfunctional offense not letting them have a decent rest on the sidelines!

4. Overhaul the offensive line. Most of the players we have on the offensive line are a joke, except for Sendelin who is very good but he's a center so it doesn't really help with passer protection or defending against the blitz.

5. Force Kurt Warner to play for the team again or we'll kidnap his family(lol joking, joking)

6. Draft a QB prospect that has some potential and develop him for the future. This would be the long-term plan obviously!

7. Sign a free agent QB that has some experience and a real track record of sucess in the NFL with multiple teams ideally!

Yeah I agree with this. Plus, for whatever reason, Fitz says he loves playing in Zona and doesn't want to leave anyway.

ep5VS.gif

Edited by RANGA

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the 9ers cut Smith and he lead the Cards to the division title? I'd love to see that.

I see them trying to make moves at QB this offseason rather than trade Fitz. It wouldn't surprise me if they eventually traded him out of respect kind of like the T-Wolves did with KG.

The Cardinals will NEVER trade Fitz! I respect him a lot that he is 1000% loyal to the Cardinals, and when I went to the U of P stadium vs the Rams earlier this season the vast majority of people had his jersey on, including myself! :yep:

Pat Tillman was the second most common jersey worn, which didn't surprise me because he is a true hero and everyone should model there charcter and actions off his self-less actions to defend America rather than potentially make millions of dollars!

1. Fire Whisenhunt at the end of the season!

2. Beef up the coaching staff so that we have great coaches in place

3. Retain GM Rod Graves, because he is responsible for drafting all of our young defensive players and our defense is very good. Any defense will struggle after a while with such a disfunctional offense not letting them have a decent rest on the sidelines!

4. Overhaul the offensive line. Most of the players we have on the offensive line are a joke, except for Sendelin who is very good but he's a center so it doesn't really help with passer protection or defending against the blitz.

5. Force Kurt Warner to play for the team again or we'll kidnap his family(lol joking, joking)

6. Draft a QB prospect that has some potential and develop him for the future. This would be the long-term plan obviously!

7. Sign a free agent QB that has some experience and a real track record of sucess in the NFL with multiple teams ideally!

You say you want to retain your GM but everything I just highlighted in bold (problems that you have with the team) are duties that fall to the GM. Your GM is terrible. He is the one responsible for the coaching staff you think is terrible. He's the one who doesn't bring in any good QB or Offensive lineman.

Also, center is absolutely important for pass protection. I'm not sure why you think it isn't.

Whisenhunt isn't a bad coach. You guys were the best team in the NFC a few years back and nearly won the Super Bowl. He's not totally free of blame, though. An 0-9 streak is absolutely god awful. But you can't give him the offensive players that he has and expect him to win the division.

You guys need a GM who can bring him better players on the offensive line and QB position. And don't draft Barkley.

You say you want to retain your GM but everything I just highlighted in bold (problems that you have with the team) are duties that fall to the GM. Your GM is terrible. He is the one responsible for the coaching staff you think is terrible. He's the one who doesn't bring in any good QB or Offensive lineman.

Also, center is absolutely important for pass protection. I'm not sure why you think it isn't.

Whisenhunt isn't a bad coach. You guys were the best team in the NFC a few years back and nearly won the Super Bowl. He's not totally free of blame, though. An 0-9 streak is absolutely god awful. But you can't give him the offensive players that he has and expect him to win the division.

You guys need a GM who can bring him better players on the offensive line and QB position. And don't draft Barkley.

Why don't you think drafting Matt Barkley is a good idea?

I don't see him having much success in the NFL on any team, least of all the Cardinals who have issues with their offensive line that will inhibit a rookie QB's development.

As a CAL fan, its safe to say Barkley is all product of USC. Big name in college with some success equals into hype. He isn't that good. Hes not worth a top pick but he will go high im sure. Bust waiting to happen. If u guys have a shot at Geno u take him instead.