Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Rodgers Fails End-of-Year Physical

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers says injuries to "multiple lower extremities" will keep him out of the Pro Bowl later this month.

Rodgers was to be the NFC's starting quarterback. But the reigning NFL MVP said on his weekly radio show on Milwaukee's ESPN 540 AM on Tuesday that he didn't pass his year-end physical. He wouldn't get into specifics, though he did say injury to his right ankle that landed him on the injury report several times in the second half of the season "has definitely been a problem."

The New York Giants announced Tuesday evening that Eli Manning will be Rodgers' replacement

Great. I will get even less joy out of the pro bowl than usual.

ESPN

Matt Ryan with the start :troll:

so you're predicting the Falcons to lose this week?

seriously, if the Falcons do win (which would keep Ryan out because the game is the week before the Super Bowl) then none of the three NFC QBs voted into the Pro Bowl will actually play (RG3 was the third NFC QB) someone remind me again why they actually play the game

Edited by oochymp

That's difficult to hear that he's so injured he can't pass an end-of-the-year physical. Fortunately for him he's spoken out against the Pro Bowl in the past so it's probably no great loss to him.

so you're predicting the Falcons to lose this week?

seriously, if the Falcons do win (which would keep Ryan out because the game is the week before the Super Bowl) then none of the three NFC QBs voted into the Pro Bowl will actually play (RG3 was the third NFC QB) someone remind me again why they actually play the game

erm, well...looks like the Mattural won't be playing :nope:

So who's next...? lolTonyRomo?

When the Falcons do win next week, the QB's should be Brees, Eli, Wilson

Why Eli? He wasn't that good this year, was he?

Why Eli? He wasn't that good this year, was he?

3,948 yds, 26 TD, 15 INT, 59.9% comp.

Nothing to write home about.

There's not really anyone else in the NFC that's deserving....the original 3 that were supposed to play were the only Pro-Bowl worthy ones, if that even means anything.

If Falcons win this week,Wilson should be the starter :yep:

erm, well...looks like the Mattural won't be playing :nope:

So who's next...? lolTonyRomo?

When the Falcons do win next week, the QB's should be Brees, Eli, Wilson

Romo > Ryan

And I doubt that I'm not the only one who still thinks that.

• Downvote 3

Romo > Ryan

57608_nope_full.gif

• Upvote 2

Romo > Ryan

well, the double negative means you think you are the only one who still thinks that, so I'd say you're pretty much spot on :p

anyway, the other issue with that is that you now get six NFC QBs who get credit for being "Pro Bowlers" which helps in contract negotiations down the road

Romo > Ryan

2vrvny8.jpg

anyway, the other issue with that is that you now get six NFC QBs who get credit for being "Pro Bowlers" which helps in contract negotiations down the road

You would hope that no front office considers Pro Bowls legitimate leverage in contract negotiations.

• Upvote 1

Romo > Ryan

are-you-fucking-kidding-me.gif

Also they should move the Pro Bowl back to where it was or get rid of it.

Edited by Kaep'tain
  • Upvote 1

LOL some of you people act like there's no comparison. This is ridiculous.

LOL some of you people act like there's no comparison. This is ridiculous.

Give me the comparisons then.

• Upvote 2

This is the first season in which Matt Ryan has been better than Tony Romo statistically, whereas in the three prior seasons in which they both played all 16 (and I'm counting Romo's 2008 when he played in 13 games and Ryan's 2009 in which he played in 14 as full seasons since they practically cancel each other out), Romo was statistically better. The only real difference has been the records of their teams, which is not an indicator of who's a better quarterback considering the bullshit Romo has had to put up with, what with Dan Bailey missing potential game-winning field goals at least 3 times in the last two seasons, if not more. Only recently did he start coming around as a clutch kicker. And, before we look back even further at kickers who've thrown Tony under the bus, I'll just mention names: Nick "what the" Folk and David "not in the NFL anymore" Beuhler. Let's not forget Dallas' atrocious secondary prior to this season, which would turn to butter at the end of games and allow opposing offenses to march down the field at will and win the game. Oh, and why don't we talk about running games? Romo's never had a consistently good one at all. His offensive lines have been God awful with the exception of perhaps the 2009 team, but they even folded on him in the most important game of the year.

Matt Ryan has had significantly more to work with and has done only as much as Tony's ever done. One playoff win, and he even tried to give that one away. You see them both on the field at the same time, and it has been three times, Tony's outplayed Matt in all three Dallas/Atlanta matchups. You all seem to think Matt Ryan's a better quarterback, but I disagree, and I'm not sure it's all that close. Matt Ryan is the definition of overrated.

This is the first season in which Matt Ryan has been better than Tony Romo statistically, whereas in the three prior seasons in which they both played all 16 (and I'm counting Romo's 2008 when he played in 13 games and Ryan's 2009 in which he played in 14 as full seasons since they practically cancel each other out), Romo was statistically better. The only real difference has been the records of their teams, which is not an indicator of who's a better quarterback considering the bullshit Romo has had to put up with, what with Dan Bailey missing potential game-winning field goals at least 3 times in the last two seasons, if not more. Only recently did he start coming around as a clutch kicker. And, before we look back even further at kickers who've thrown Tony under the bus, I'll just mention names: Nick "what the" Folk and David "not in the NFL anymore" Beuhler. Let's not forget Dallas' atrocious secondary prior to this season, which would turn to butter at the end of games and allow opposing offenses to march down the field at will and win the game. Oh, and why don't we talk about running games? Romo's never had a consistently good one at all. His offensive lines have been God awful with the exception of perhaps the 2009 team, but they even folded on him in the most important game of the year.

Matt Ryan has had significantly more to work with and has done only as much as Tony's ever done. One playoff win, and he even tried to give that one away. You see them both on the field at the same time, and it has been three times, Tony's outplayed Matt in all three Dallas/Atlanta matchups. You all seem to think Matt Ryan's a better quarterback, but I disagree, and I'm not sure it's all that close. Matt Ryan is the definition of overrated.

You're comment makes you seem completely ass fucking backwards man. A month or two ago you stated in another thread that Matt Ryan wasn't that special and that he couldn't be considered good until his TEAM won a playoff game. (Which they have now done I may add) Now, you're saying that records DON'T matter? What the hell man? Make up your mind! Records only matter when you're criticizing a quarterback of another team I take it?

Tony Romo has Dez Bryant and Miles Austin. Tony Romo has had Jason Witten, Romo has a few more years on Ryan. Also, Romo doesn't just blow playoff games, because he needs to make it there first. He mostly blows regular season games. Matt Ryan is the more efficient quarterback here, and everyone knows it. Yes, Bryant has kicked the most game winners in the past 3 years out of anyone in the league. However, who get's him there? Matt Ryan. How many times has Tony Romo been in a spot to win a football game and thrown a bad interception, or fumbled the football, or just failed to get down the field? Also the offensive line argument is a moot point. This is the first year really since 2008 where Matt Ryan has had decent protection. And even then, majority of the time this season Ryan has been under pressure and been getting the ball away.

Sorry, but if you're going to compare quarterbacks, don't use wins. Because you clearly can't make up your mind on whether they are important or not. Right now it seems wins are important to you for every quarterback in the league, EXCEPT Tony Romo - obviously because you know he can't perform when the pressure is on.

Edited by Chris D
  • Upvote 1

Bware, so far I think the only convincing point you've made is that Matt Ryan has had a better supporting cast than Tony Romo, which is something I think we can all agree on, at least for this year. But your only argument as to why Romo is the better quarterback is that this was the first season where Ryan was "statistically better." You're going to have to do better than that.

As an Eagles fan, I watch a lot of Cowboys games. Romo is a good quarterback, no doubt. But two things factor into my placing him lower on the QB totem pole, so to speak, than Mr. Ryan:

1) I don't see Romo make as many impressive throws as I do some other quarterbacks. Any time he has a 3 TD, 300 yard game, the majority of his throws are to receivers who are open by a nice cushion. I've never seen him have a game where he's constantly torching the defense with back-shoulder fades and slant routes thrown into super tight coverage.

2) He's way too inconsistent. He has a lot of good games, yes, but he also has too many bad games. And those bad games have a tendency to come at very bad times.

You could have argued #2 against Matt Ryan until this year, though he has always been gold in the regular season. But now he's finally gotten over the playoff hump, and he could very well win the Super Bowl this year.

• Upvote 1

Food for thought BWare,

Matt Ryan 4th quarter comebacks: 22

Tony Romo 4th quarter comebacks: 18

Let's not forget that Tony Romo has been in the leagues 5 years longer than Matt Ryan. I think that should say it all..

Well, I'll give you 4 years longer, because he didn't play his first season.

Considering that Matt Ryan has an 0-3 playoff record, I don't want to hear about Tony's 1-3 record. Matt Ryan threw one of the worst pick sixes I've ever seen in my life and cost his team the game against Green Bay before halftime had even happened, so don't bring the dropped snap at me, either.

When has Matt Ryan even given his team a chance to win a playoff game?

Bring real arguments or stay home.

Take heed to your own advice.

tumblr_mgdhtrokbr1qbcs46o1_400.gif

Even a Cowboy fan thinks Ryan is better? Come on. You must be the only one.

• Downvote 1