AllYouNeedIsLovie

Free Agency Rumors and Signings Thread

Pretty happy with what we were able to do today. Of all the deals, bringing Houston back and Jones back to Michigan made me the happiest. Not so fond of the Bush move, but it fills a gap that Best left behind, Stafford might as well get ready for another 700 pass attempt season.

Also, I can't wait till these moves are official on Madden. :devious:

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Pretty happy with what we were able to do today. Of all the deals, bringing Houston back and Jones back to Michigan made me the happiest. Not so fond of the Bush move, but it fills a gap that Best left behind, Stafford might as well get ready for another 700 pass attempt season.

Also, I can't wait till these moves are official on Madden. :devious:

You guys also signed Quin. The safety from Houston.

I like what the Lions and Titans have done so far.

Me too. First offseason FA period, ( since bringing in Mawae, Hope, Thornton ) on big needs and good players. Finally the front office gets it.

Lions with Bush is a big signing. Now they have another threat besides Calvin. If they get another WR, their pass offense will be deadly again.

Philly signed alot of solid players.

Colts signed everyone and their family members. Fins too.

Denver is having a good one as well..

I love how the Bush signing has made everyone completely forget about Leshoure like he doesn't exist. In case people forgot that had a pretty good threat in the backfield already

LeShoure is alright, but he's nothing special. Bush, like Best did before really opens up their offense.

Steelers released Willie Colon and signed TE/FB David Johnson and QB Bruce Gradkowski.

Really not sure I understand the David Johnson signing, seeing as Will Johnson looked twice as good this year as David ever has, but THANK GOD Colon is finally gone.

Boy the Panthers are making so many waves in free agency, I can hardly keep up.

:troll:

I really need a :thanks Marty Hurney: gif. It would be used a lot in the offseason for the next three years.

Edited by Thanatos19

I agree Bush is more dynamic, but as a feature back I don't see Bush being a savior. Leshoure is only being underrated by everyone cause he missed his rookie year with an injury, but with recent health he proved he could be a good runner. I like the Bush signing because when you flex him out at the slot and have Leshoure in the backfield with Megatron out wide now you are being a scary offense.

I'm sure it gets mentioned every year, but this free agency period seems much busier than previous ones, at least in the early goings on. Digging the players the Phins are grabbing...not so much the money Ireland is throwing at them. Stinks of a desperate man trying to keep his pitiful managerial skills in South Beach.

I'm Leshoure's biggest fan. He's gonna get the bulk of the caries outside of the 3rd down stuff, and he showed the ability to pick up a lot of yards after contact. Hell, even Joique Bell was very impressive this past season. But it was clear that we were missing that big play guy out of the backfield. The assumption is that Bush will fill that roll.

Need more news on Bradshaw. I could see the Packers doing a cheap, incentive based deal for him. :think:

I'm sure it gets mentioned every year, but this free agency period seems much busier than previous ones, at least in the early goings on. Digging the players the Phins are grabbing...not so much the money Ireland is throwing at them. Stinks of a desperate man trying to keep his pitiful managerial skills in South Beach.

I think some teams really took advantage of the advance negotiation period, there's certainly no other way to explain the Titans announcing two signings within an hour of free agency opening

So happy we were able to resign Delmas. My God. I'll wait to praise our FO for these contracts depending on how they affect us down the line, but the magic that was worked with what little room we had is amazing stuff.

Giants signed WR Louis Murphy to a one-year deal.

This is a depth move for the Giants with both Domenik Hixon and Ramses Barden both unrestricted free agents. Murphy was a non-factor for the Panthers last season, catching just 25 balls for 336 yards and one touchdown.

Source: Jenny Vrentas on Twitter

Jets signed DT Antonio Garay to a one-year contract.

Garay, 33, was a bit player for the 2012 Chargers, appearing in eight games as a reserve end and nose tackle and getting pushed around against the run. In New York, Garay will push raw youngster Kenrick Ellis for snaps. Garay is more of an interior pass rusher, though he has just 3.5 sacks the past two years.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Cardinals agreed to terms with CB Antoine Cason, formerly of the Chargers, on a one-year, $2 million contract.

Long and lean at 6-foot-1, 195 pounds, Cason is a good fit for DC Todd Bowles' preferred press coverage. Although he's started each of the past three seasons, Cason could be coming to town as the Cardinals' No. 3 corner after they gave Jerraud Powers a three-year, $10.5 million deal. Cason's size could land him on the outside when Powers moves to the slot in nickel packages. Cason is coming off a year where he notched 73 tackles, two interceptions and two forced fumbles, but graded out as the sixth worst cornerback in Pro Football Focus' ratings.

Source: Kent Somers on Twitter

Dolphins agreed to terms with WR Brandon Gibson, formerly of the Rams, to a three-year contract.

The Jets' top free-agent target is taking his talents to South Beach. Gibson, 25, is the latest mediocre talent to join GM Jeff Ireland's burgeoning "Dream Team," and should be slotted into his ideal role of No. 3 receiver behind Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline. Gibson can move the chains and is a threat in the red zone, but offers nothing after the catch and is prone to mental mistakes. His 108 yards after the catch were an absurd 167th in the NFL last season. With just one 100-yard game in 54 career contests, Gibson won't be a major threat for fantasy value as the fourth or fifth option in Miami's pass game. Davone Bess may be done in Miami.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Cardinals signed DE Matt Shaughnessy to a one-year contract.

Shaughnessy is smartly taking a one-year, "prove-it" deal in an effort to rehab his value at age 26. Shaughnessy flashed legit Pro Bowl-caliber talent early in his career with Oakland -- specifically 2010 -- before a major shoulder injury wiped out his 2011 season and he returned less effective in 2012. If back to 100 percent, Shaughnessy could end up as the Cardinals' starting right defensive end. Bruce Arians promises to use Darnell Dockett inside more moving forward. Calais Campbell is Arizona's all-world left end, or "five technique."

Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

Jets signed OG Willie Colon to a one-year, $1.2 million contract.

Pro Football Focus graded Colon as a top-15 run-blocking guard and top-25 pass-blocking guard in 2012, but charted him with the most penalties in the league at the position. Turning 30 in April, Colon figures to replace Brandon Moore as the Jets' starting right guard. New York now has four starting offensive linemen in place: LT Brick Ferguson, C Nick Mangold, RG Colon, and RT Austin Howard.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Bess done in Miami? Oh, hell no...

I'm not too thrilled with the Bucs' offseason to this point. We overpaid a safety when our biggest problems on defense are rushing the QB and covering WRs. We've pretty much ignored the market in those areas on top of that as well while signing a couple depth guys and then letting our best pass rusher walk for pennies. We also let our best space eater on the #1 rush defense walk for pennies as well. All this while having a ton of cap space and Eric Wright's worthless ass still sitting on the roster.

If we don't get Revis, this is going to be a rough offseason until the draft.

I'm not too thrilled with the Bucs' offseason to this point. We overpaid a safety when our biggest problems on defense are rushing the QB and covering WRs. We've pretty much ignored the market in those areas on top of that as well while signing a couple depth guys and then letting our best pass rusher walk for pennies. We also let our best space eater on the #1 rush defense walk for pennies as well. All this while having a ton of cap space and Eric Wright's worthless ass still sitting on the roster.

If we don't get Revis, this is going to be a rough offseason until the draft.

Agreed.

I like the Goldson signing, but he won't be of much use unless we improve our CB's. The other signings are all pretty meh, doubt any of them will have an impact. We have a lot of glaring holes that Dom isn't addressing at all.

Not bringing back Miller and Bennett really has me nervous about the d-line. McCoy, Bowers and Clayborn are all prone to injury and if one of them goes down, especially McCoy, we could be in very deep trouble. Plus, Bowers has a lot of talent, but he hasn't really shown it on the field yet. I really hope he can succeed now that he will be getting all the reps, but I still have my questions about him.

Hopefully we get Revis and I think we eventually will, but if we don't, our CB situation looks pretty damn shitty yet again. I'm really frustrated that Dom didn't bring in any of the top CB's this free agency. It's one thing if guys like Sean Smith were getting $10 mil a year and we didn't overpay, but they were getting very reasonable contracts, and we should have signed at least one of the CB's available, even if we are going to get Revis. The CB's on our roster right now are absolute garbage and there were a good 10-15 guys out there who are better than anyone we have on our team.

In addition to these 2 major holes, we still have other problems at TE (Tom Crabtree is not the answer), WR depth, O-line depth, and LB. Not sure what Dom is doing. We have a shit ton of money and all we have to show for it is Goldson. We aren't going to fix all these problems through the draft...

I think the Bucs will end up with Revis. I hate on the Bucs a lot, but Mark Dominik isn't stupid; he knows the Jets don't have any other major players for Revis right now, and he also knows they have to trade him this offseason. As long as Tampa is willing to give Revis a monster contract, I think he'll be a Buc before the draft.

The Jets don't HAVE to trade Revis this off-season

I suppose they could wait until the trade deadline mid-season, but his value may or may not be dimished by then. If a team trades for him, they'll want him participating in their offseason activities. And the Jets won't want Revis in a contract year making a headache for the team. If he's not traded, there's a good chance he holds out, as he's already done multiple times in his career.

It's obvious that Revis isn't a part of the Jets' plans for the future. They should get maximum value for him while they still can.

But right now isn't maximum value, his value has never been lower.

So they should invent time travel, go back a year or two, and then trade him? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

• Upvote 1

If I were Mark Dominik I'd offer this package:

2013 2nd rounder (43rd overall)

2013 4th rounder (I'd insist on them taking the Patriots' pick, but I wouldn't let it be a hangup and would probably give up our own if we had to)

2013 6th rounder

2014 Conditional pick (I'd be willing to make this a 1st round pick if the Bucs make the playoffs, if we don't they get our 2nd rounder)

2014 5th round pick

Throw in Blount if they want him, but I doubt they do.

That is pretty damn fair considering he is coming off an ACL injury and wants a ton of cash. A lot to give up, but our secondary is a joke and we really need to turn the corner and start competing for playoffs again.