Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Jets agree to send Darrelle Revis to Bucs pending physical

Sounds like Dave Wannstedt inside info, played a huge role in the Bucs moving forward with this trade.

Do Bucs fans really believe Revis is going to return to what he once was after blowing his ACL out? lol

Good trade for both teams, in my opinion. Jets get significant compensation for a great player who they were never going to re-sign anyway, and the Bucs avoid substantial risk by giving Revis zero guaranteed money. Obviously I'm curious to see how healthy Revis is, but in the short-term, I'm really interested to see what the Jets do with two top-13 picks.

Even if Revis doesn't come back to the same guy he was before the injury, he is probably better than the dog shit we threw out there last year lol. I'm glad we are gambling on Revis instead of a rookie corner with that 13th pick. A lot of interesting matchups for him this year and I'm excited.

Do Bucs fans really believe Revis is going to return to what he once was after blowing his ACL out? lol

Or that he won't demand a new deal and shit load of guaranteed money after this year if he plays well?

He either plays well and you pay him out the ass, or he sucks and you cut him but you still lose your draft picks. Meh. Fairly even I would say, maybe leaning towards Tampa slightly because they can cut their losses after one year if they need to.

I don't see contract becoming a major issue. If he is playing well, the Bucs won't cut him so whether or not it is guaranteed won't matter unless he is injured or playing bad. He isn't going to hold out for more money either, this is as big as it gets lol.

Wait.. You think, even if he plays 100% as we know Revis can... He is going to play out that 5 year contract?

:rofl:

There's a better chance that the Earth is controlled by a large commune of shape-shifting lizard people living at the core of the planet.

Yes, I do...because he isn't going to make more than the 16 million a year he is getting. It might get re-worked to add some more guarantees if he proves himself healthy (I heard on the radio today the Bucs won't have a problem doing that next year), but he isn't going to hold out and demand more money. He has reached that peak.

Yes, I do...because he isn't going to make more than the 16 million a year he is getting. It might get re-worked to add some more guarantees if he proves himself healthy (I heard on the radio today the Bucs won't have a problem doing that next year), but he isn't going to hold out and demand more money. He has reached that peak.

You are arguing both sides of the issue.

"He's going to play out this deal"

"But, we will happily change the deal next year"

As is, you can cut him any year and just be done with him. That isn't going to stick for 6 years (I mistakenly said 5 in my last post). And you restructuring the deal to add guarantees is exactly what I am talking about. It will NOT get played out the way it is set right now. Never. Ever. Ever.

Players like the sense of security, and playing out a 6 year deal that doesn't hold the Bucs accountable in the future doesn't give Revis that. He's okay doing it this year to prove he's okay.

It would take an epiphany and complete douchebag coming back to Earth party for Revis to play out this deal as is. Probably not gonna happen.

EDIT: BTW I am not saying the deal, the guaranteed money, or whatever will cripple the Bucs or even negatively effect them. I am unsure of their cap situation outside of it's been pretty nice the last few years.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I'm not sure what we're arguing over then. I just don't see the contract being a problem drama-wise. If Revis comes out there and is the same dominant game changer, I could see the Bucs throwing him a bone and making some of his money guaranteed. But at the end of the day, Revis is getting paid top dollar and will continue to do so as long as he is healthy and performs so all the holdout talk is just silly. If the fact his contract isn't guaranteed becomes a problem for him, then that means he isn't performing or injured and is in no position to demand anything.

As far as how it effects our cap space, it obviously has a huge impact. I'm a little worried about that, but I'm at ease knowing that if things go bad we aren't crippled for the future. Sure it would suck to lose the picks, but you gamble on an unproven college player by keeping #13 too. The Bucs are making an attempt to compete and as a fan I'm excited for that. It could blow up in our faces, but it doesn't appear it will cost our future much.

I would say the odds of drafting a successful 1st round draft pick is no greater than the odds of Revis making a great impact for the Bucs. Many Buc fans have expressed some concern over the ACL but there is more to Revis' game than just his speed.

I would say the odds of drafting a successful 1st round draft pick is no greater than the odds of Revis making a great impact for the Bucs. Many Buc fans have expressed some concern over the ACL but there is more to Revis' game than just his speed.

If, and that is a big if, he isn't completely 100% healthy. He is going to have to worry about more than it effecting his speed. Starting, stopping, making sudden movements, cutting, shifting, will all be troublesome.

Again, we won't know until we actually see him in action. Thus, I speak purely hypothetically for the time being.

Well obviously, but playing CB, he has to mimic what the WR is doing. And that's a lot of cutting, stopping on a dime, etc.

He won't be the Darrelle Revis he was with the Jets, but he'll be good.

What a waste of a perfectly good corner

• Downvote 2

Really excited to see how Tampa's new secondary fairs against the Falcons and Saints.

HEY!

HEY!

Revis already owned Steve Smith in 2009, the Panthers QB has improved since, but the other weapons haven't.

Me and my friends got in a debate today about Revis joining the jets. I'm not trying to knock Revis, he's an amazing corner, but I think one of them made a great point today while we were debating. Revis has been burned quite a few times by speedy receivers, couple that in with a questionable return from an ACL injury - how well will he do in the NFC South? Perhaps he has taken care of Steve Smith before, but what about know coming off his ACL? How will he handle big and strong receivers who are also pretty fast when they face Atlanta twice a year with Julio and Roddy? I don't know that the Saints will be a huge problem as Colston isn't known for his speed, but they could off set and stick Revis on one of their speedsters. I guess I'm just thinking that if Revis is going to be successful, his ACL better be 100% or he is going to have some serious trouble.

Honestly, I hope he is 100%. This way we can watch Julio Jones burn him all game long twice a year. :p

It's definitely going to be more pressure on Revis being in the NFC South compared to the AFC East. At least Revis will see less of Steve Johnson but the trade off is worse; Julio, Roddy, V.J, Drew Brees.

VJ is on his team though...

It's definitely going to be more pressure on Revis being in the NFC South compared to the AFC East. At least Revis will see less of Steve Johnson but the trade off is worse; Julio, Roddy, V.J, Drew Brees.

He use to face Brandon Marshall, Randy Moss, Stevie Johnson before so...

Me and my friends got in a debate today about Revis joining the jets. I'm not trying to knock Revis, he's an amazing corner, but I think one of them made a great point today while we were debating. Revis has been burned quite a few times by speedy receivers, couple that in with a questionable return from an ACL injury - how well will he do in the NFC South? Perhaps he has taken care of Steve Smith before, but what about know coming off his ACL? How will he handle big and strong receivers who are also pretty fast when they face Atlanta twice a year with Julio and Roddy? I don't know that the Saints will be a huge problem as Colston isn't known for his speed, but they could off set and stick Revis on one of their speedsters. I guess I'm just thinking that if Revis is going to be successful, his ACL better be 100% or he is going to have some serious trouble.

Honestly, I hope he is 100%. This way we can watch Julio Jones burn him all game long twice a year. :p

What speedy receivers have burned Revis since like 2009? I can think of Randy Moss having one good game against him and the receiver with the best success against him (in my eyes) is Stevie Johnson who is far from being considered a "speed" guy.

You may be right I'm just honestly trying to jog my memory of speedy receivers burning the guy...

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Revis has already shut down Roddy White. And I don't see how an offense is going to decide who Revis is covering, that makes zero fucking sense, this is not madden. Revis is going to line up over the #1 WR at all times.

• Upvote 1