AllYouNeedIsLovie

2013 NFL Draft Discussion

When Mingo went to Browns I was like "Man,this guy's gonna rape us" but then we got Jarvis motherfucking Jones so he'll do the same thing.

I'm happy with the pick,I know many are worried about his past injury problems but I think this guy has it all to succeed in this league. I'm excited :yep:

When Mingo went to Browns I was like "Man,this guy's gonna rape us" but then we got Jarvis motherfucking Jones so he'll do the same thing.

I'm happy with the pick,I know many are worried about his past injury problems but I think this guy has it all to succeed in this league. I'm excited :yep:

Jarvis Jones is a football player. I don't care what he did in underpants drills or his medical history. Steelers once again nab a great player later in the draft which is why they've always been contenders over the past decade or so.

I was also surprised that he actually fell to us,it seemed like Jets would take him with one of those picks.

I wanted Jarvis at 13. I was surprised when we didn't pick him because he seemed like the type of player that Rex would love. Really instinctual and just makes plays all over the field.

ESPN has two 2nd round mocks up, one by Kiper and one by Weidl/Muench and they both have the Jets taking Nassib with their next pick. Please god no.

Love the Richardson pick, but really hate the Milliner one. Pass defense was great last season even without Revis. I felt like they should have addressed their atrocious offense with one of those picks. Also felt like they should have gone after Jarvis Jones. They need a rush linebacker more than a CB or five-tech DE.

I agree that they need to improve the offense, but who could they have taken? They wanted Austin, but the Rams traded up to snag him before the Jets could get him. Any other offensive player would have been a major reach, IMO.

The fact that Milliner has had multiple surgeries doesn't worry the Jets fans? I'd be worried.

Just curious why no one is concerned about that, but everyone saying Richardson and Floyd are better than Star seem to be citing Lotulei's health concerns, (not on here, btw).

Floyd was obviously not as good as most draft pundits thought he was, at least in the eyes of the NFL GMs.

Edited by Thanatos19

I really like what the Rams did last night, moving up to get Tavon Austin, who several other teams were looking at, then moving down to the end of the first round and taking Ogletree.

I do not understand the love for Jarvis Jones. At all. We should have taken Eifert or one of the two CBs or have made an attempt at trading up or down, depending on what deals were available.

Drafting an OLB in the first is conceding the fact that Worilds was a failed 2nd round pick before even giving him the chance to take over the position full time. Not to mention the fact that Jones was a huge risk because of the spinal stenosis ordeal. Taking a risk on a position that you already have picks and time invested in is something a team does that's loaded, not a team that's just lost a WR, HB, OLB, CB, and NT, with aged starters at SS, FS, ILB, TE, and DE. You don't take risks when you have that many needs.

Furthermore, Jones is an extremely underwhelming athlete that bombed the combine and his tape looks like a pile of ass.

Here's his entire Alabama game. He has trouble fighting through blocks and maneuvering through trash. He is not extremely quick off the ball, but can get around the edge decently and will set up blockers. He lacks elite short area quickness in coverage and is remarkably slow at dropping back into coverage.

Here's a quote from someone on another board about his college sacks. Makes me sad.

I like SEC players. I think that any team that plays tough teams should have better quality players, but once you get in the film, look who they are beating, you have to kind of take off the "elite competition" glasses.

When Georgia played Alabama, Jones made his impact on the left side of the defense. When they flipped him on the right side and he faced Kouandjio, he was handled pretty easily. I also watched the South Carolina game last night and they do not have an NFL caliber LT, he still handled Jones in pass pro pretty well. He had one sack against South Carolina and I would not piss on the LT for them. Dallas Thomas of Tennessee blanked him and he is moving to guard because he lacks quicks. He had 3 sacks against Xavier Nixon. Nixon won't start in the NFL. He had 2 against Auburn. Again, their LT won't start in the NFL. Two more against Nebraska. Guess what, their LT may not even make it to the NFL. Two against Missouri. Their LT won't play in the NFL.

He beat ONE NFL caliber OT in 2012 and that was Fluker, a RT that struggles with speed. In the 2011-2012 season, he had 4 sacks against Florida. He should send Xavier Nixon a fruit basket or something. Seven of his ~24 sacks came against Nixon. He had 2.5 against Kentucky. Two more against Auburn. Two against Miss State.

Two seasons, one NFL caliber tackle faced.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

Maybe Jarvis proves me wrong and Worilds disappoints this year as the starter. I doubt it, but maybe.

The only real possibility I see here is that they may end up converting him to LILB/SILB/Buck to replace Foote, much like how Timmons was drafted to replace Joey Porter in 2007, but Harrison blew everyone's minds and Timmons became a beast RILB/WILB/Mack. I'll hope for the latter scenario.

Surprise option C is that his spine breaks because he has a pussy spine and I rage.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Loving the Lane Johnson pick. Sky is the limit for Lane. He's really having only played the position for 2 years but at this moment the guy might be the best athlete at LT the league has seen.

I'm indifferent with the other teams' picks.

then what did you mean by 'Meh Picks'?

Really curious what the Jags do in the second. Geno? Carradine? Cyprien? Sounds like we're trying to trade back, so who knows what's going to happen.

Love the Richardson pick, but really hate the Milliner one. Pass defense was great last season even without Revis. I felt like they should have addressed their atrocious offense with one of those picks. Also felt like they should have gone after Jarvis Jones. They need a rush linebacker more than a CB or five-tech DE.

It was great last season I agree but Cromartie isn't getting any younger and Kyle Wilson continues to get burned. We need a cornerback and when the best defensive back in the draft falls to your lap at #9 you take him.

If anything the Richardson pick kind of makes me go meh. Going into this I was hoping we'd get Mingo or Jones and Jones was there. Only thing I can think of is they didn't want to use both their first round picks on players that may have injury concerns so they went more "safe" with Richardson.

I'm fine with the pick though. I personally think Coples isn't that good but I believe a line of Wilkerson/Richardson/Ellis can be good for the Jets and Coples could rotate in from time to time. Or maybe there's a chance we're moving to a 4-3 (don't think so but you never know)?

I wouldn't have minded Eifert at #13 either although some would consider it too soon. That's the only offensive player I would want at that point.

Hoping we snag Cyprien or maybe even Justin Hunter in the second. I would grab Nassib in the third if he was still there.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

then what did you mean by 'Meh Picks'?

I felt like they were routine picks that may have landed a good player, but was overall just underwhelming in general and some I felt the value of the picks weren't necessarily that great.

As far as the Titans go, I'm just not a fan of taking a Guard in the Top 10. I don't care about the new rookie wage scale making it at least more economically correct to do so. I just don't think a Guard is a piece that people will go back and say, "You know the Cardinals/Titans taking that Guard early really got them around the corner and propelled them to become a playoff caliber team."

Don't get me wrong, Cooper and Warmack are probably going to be good players at their position. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned and need to update my views on the new ways of the NFL.

I felt like they were routine picks that may have landed a good player, but was overall just underwhelming in general and some I felt the value of the picks weren't necessarily that great.

As far as the Titans go, I'm just not a fan of taking a Guard in the Top 10. I don't care about the new rookie wage scale making it at least more economically correct to do so. I just don't think a Guard is a piece that people will go back and say, "You know the Cardinals/Titans taking that Guard early really got them around the corner and propelled them to become a playoff caliber team."

Don't get me wrong, Cooper and Warmack are probably going to be good players at their position. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned and need to update my views on the new ways of the NFL.

I understand the principle, but the oline really was our biggest weakness last year and Warmack was definitely the best player available, I actually wouldn't be surprised if shoring up our oline does go a long way to putting us over the top

Titans needed to bolster the o-line.

Well, consider that things really started to go downhill for the line in the 12th game of 2012, when both Stewart and guard Steve Hutchinson suffered season-ending injuries early in the same contest.

Over those last five games, running back Chris Johnson was held under 60 yards four times, while quarterback Jake Locker threw three touchdowns, seven interceptions and was sacked 20 times.

Prior to the injuries to Hutch and Stewart, Locker had 7 TDs to 4 INTs(not great, but was showing development, sure as hell a lot better than 3/7), and CJ was having a resurgence. Then the injuries to the o-line killed all the improvements we were making.

With this offensive line, Jake Locker should be able to continue his development, and CJ should return to his 08/09/middle of last year form. The o-line is everything for the Titans offensive future. I would have been happy with Star then Warford, but as we've seen, there's been a huge run on o-linemen, so Warford may not even make it to the Titans 2nd round pick. What happened later(and before, really) only bolsters Warmack's value.

This is an improvement over what was actually a solid line last year(when healthy). Levitre > Hutchinson(at that point in Hutch's career) and Warmack > Harris/Lutui.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

@AdamSchefter: Jets have made calls today to multiple teams to try to move up from 39th spot in second round to draft QB. Debated Geno Smith at No. 13.

I like that idea very much

I have been downgrading Jarvis Jones from the beginning. At the end of the day compared to the other talent in this class he is in the top 25. But he is being talked about like some great pass rusher and LB and he really isn't that great of an athlete and I said that before the 40. At least someone else sees it.

I also flagged Floyd to fall since the beginning. Sometimes I don't know what the "experts" watch on the film cause he clearly was not a dominate player against anyone.

Our pick was a surprise, but I knew it would be hard to pinpoint what they wanted to do. I'm not a big fan of Kyle Long, but depending on where they ask him to play he has upside. As a guard he is garbage right now and as a RT our run game will suffer. I think eventually he is a LT once he develops and i'm not a fan of Bushrod on the left side anyway.

I don't see what is wrong with Milliner going to the Jets? They have other needs which is true, but if anything they should have addressed offense or pass rush with their other pick instead of taking Richardson that is the one that makes no sense to me.

Everyone is beating up Dallas and I didn't see that pick coming but I had interior offensive line as their number one need so it makes lots of sense. Peter Konz went to the Falcons from Wisconsin and they loved his versatility on the inside. Frederick was his teammate in Wisconsin, has the same versatility, and has been called the better player of the two.

The giants may have even wanted Reid you never know.

@AdamSchefter: Jets have made calls today to multiple teams to try to move up from 39th spot in second round to draft QB. Debated Geno Smith at No. 13.

I like that idea very much

Absolutely hate it. Not that I'm TOTALLY against picking Geno Smith but not trading up and losing another pick in a draft that is so deep.

So basically the Cowboys trade their 18th overall pick for two 3rd round picks?

Banks going #43 to Tampa Bay.....Be afraid of the Bucs' secondary....be very afraid.