AllYouNeedIsLovie

2013 NFL Draft Discussion

Bears with another middle of the road player. He has great speed for the position, but I was hoping with got Kiko Alonso!

49ers only gave up a 6th to move up 4-5 spots into the Packers position to take McDonald. Rape. Stupid Ted Thompson who says trading in the draft is "all about value". You got no value. >_>

I'm sorry but through my evaluations Swearinger is one of the worst players I saw! I have no idea how people say he is a great tackler or safety. He chest tackles or throws his body and misses sooo many tackles not to mention is super slow. Bad pick Houston

I'm sorry but through my evaluations Swearinger is one of the worst players I saw! I have no idea how people say he is a great tackler or safety. He chest tackles or throws his body and misses sooo many tackles not to mention is super slow. Bad pick Houston

I think he's a good fit for Wade's defense. He will play that hybrid ILB/SS role that Glover Quin was. Texans run a lot of dime with three safety looks so Swearinger will essentially be a starter mostly covering the big tight ends. No offense, but I'll trust Wade on this one.

My worst nightmare has come true... Lacy is a Packer.

Love the Banks pick, but I am pissed about taking Glennon in the 3rd. Our entire starting defensive line is injury prone and we have NO depth behind our starters, and we're wasting a 3rd rounder on a backup QB. Unreal. Having no depth on the defensive line is going to kill us this season.

Not liking what Thompson has done today. Hardly got anything by trading back and I'm not that fond of Lacy. It would have been better if Thompson grabbed Keenan Allen.

lol hey at least he wasn't your first pick

Love the Eagles first two picks. Not high on Bennie Logan where they got him but I'll give the guy a shot. Who knows?

Part of me absolutely loves the round 2 selection of Robert Alford. The other part of me is slamming my forehead into my palm. I do understand the need though. Alford won't play outside, he's going to end up inside so the worries of him not being able to cover those big outside receivers won't be there. Trufant and Samuel on the outside, Alford in the nickel. Hm. What could be?

Wish we had our third rounder though, despite the red flags with Montgomery admitting taking plays off at times, I still wanted him on the Falcons.

The Darius Slay pick was a little questionable, but overall a great draft so far by us. I'm curious to see if we decide to play Slay right away though. Im a happy camper.

I hate the Mike Glennon pick. Like, a lot.

I'm meh/okay with Banks.

I think he's a good fit for Wade's defense. He will play that hybrid ILB/SS role that Glover Quin was. Texans run a lot of dime with three safety looks so Swearinger will essentially be a starter mostly covering the big tight ends. No offense, but I'll trust Wade on this one.

I can see him in the hybrid position, but I mean ANYTIME he is on the back-end he scares me. His speed is just so questionable and his tackling needs so much work, not to mention he has character issues. I just think there were better players out there cause he ranked last on the players I looked at. He is big and physical and you are right I trust Wade Phillip just hope he doesn't trust this kid too much.

Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin reunited in St. Louis! I don't think people realize how much he adds to Austin's value having him threaten the outside. I rated Bailey as the best route runner in the draft and I'm really excited to see them back together.

On the same note the Honey Badger is back with Patrick Peterson. PP on the outside and the badger in the nickel will be something to watch. I'm gonna go out there and say the Arizona should target my favorite safety Baccari Rambo and this will be a fast flying young secondary!

Update: Honey Badger will be playing safety

Edited by butta55

I can see him in the hybrid position, but I mean ANYTIME he is on the back-end he scares me. His speed is just so questionable and his tackling needs so much work, not to mention he has character issues. I just think there were better players out there cause he ranked last on the players I looked at. He is big and physical and you are right I trust Wade Phillip just hope he doesn't trust this kid too much.

Totally know where you're coming from. Don't want it to sound like I'm discounting your opinions on him, because I definitely see what you're talking about from looking at his film. I can confidently say though that he will never be on the back-end as long as Ed Reed and Danieal Manning are healthy.

Glennon is not being drafted to be a backup QB. He's gonna be starting in tampa by week 5 at the worst.

• Upvote 1

ESPN already has an article up telling the Jets to start Broadway Geno from day one and dump The Sanchize. That didn't take long.

I don't understand why Carolina took Kawann Short over Keenan Allen or Terrance Williams. Cam needs some help in the passing game, Louis Murphy is gone, Steve Smith is getting older and Revis is in the division.

We had 4 starters for the defensive line, why use a 2nd rounder on a 5th guy instead of addressing some other needs? The only reason I can think of for doing so is that Gettleman thought Kawann was the BPA.

Just went and looked on Panthers.com and that is exactly why he took him. He had him rated as the "best pass-rushing DT in the draft."

Edited by Thanatos19

ESPN already has an article up telling the Jets to start Broadway Geno from day one and dump The Sanchize. That didn't take long.

Per Albert Breer on Twitter:

I'm going to bed soon ... Messed up those numbers. Because of the guarantees, there's over $16 million in dead money if you cut Sanchez.

They're definitely stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the ridiculous contract that former Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum foolishly gave Sanchez.

Glennon is not being drafted to be a backup QB. He's gonna be starting in tampa by week 5 at the worst.

I hope not, as much as people rag on Freeman...I see a lot of the same problems with Glennon. Such a horrible waste of a draft pick. I'm not going to piss and moan because 3rd rounders are tough to project and we upgraded a pathetic secondary big time, but our piss poor defensive line depth needed some adressing and instead we get Chris Simms 2.0 to "light a fire under Freeman's ass."

Watch him go for 1500 all-purpose yards for you guys now that you've said that.

What happened to Chris Simms was a shame.

Watch him go for 1500 all-purpose yards for you guys now that you've said that.

I hope I am wrong, but the Packers track record in drafting backs is piss poor. And the chances he completely turns a 180 and isn't made of glass, isn't lazy, and actually cares about this game are pretty slim. He's a Packer now, and he has my support, but I am REALLLLLY like DeJuan Harris right now.

Travis Frederick, C. I like the pick since he can play guard too but I'm curious if we HAD to get him in the first round. Although I doubt they were related, I like how we traded our high pick for more lower ones.

Gavin Escobar, TE. Bad decision. If we need a TE, it needs to be a blocking TE. Also, again.. did we HAVE to get him in the second round? We have so many holes to fill and I didn't feel TE was one of them. We just got Hanna last year.

Terrance Williams, WR. Best pick so far. This guy should be an immediate impact like Dez. I couldn't believe he had fallen that far and I'm glad JJ finally sobered up and made a great pick.

With the rest of the draft, I really hope we pick up OL, DL, LB, and RB. Both of our lines have weak links that can be mended. Our defense needs more strength on all levels. And with Felix pretty much hobbling his way out the door, we need a replacement.

Edited by rzb

Tampa Bay was 10th in passing this past season so why is everyone in that organization trying to put Freeman on notice?

Edited by butta55