BLUE

Aaron Hernandez Found Guilty of 1st Degree Murder

TGP, the only place a murder trial thread for an NFL player can turn into a thread about Tom Brady and his receiving threats.

So what? It's not like we've been talking enough about the real victim, anyway. It's Hernandez we've been discussing, and I really don't care if you don't approve of me mentioning somebody other than Hernandez when we've been discussing somebody not named Odin Lloyd.

• Upvote 1

So what? It's not like we've been talking enough about the real victim, anyway. It's Hernandez we've been discussing, and I really don't care if you don't approve of me mentioning somebody other than Hernandez when we've been discussing somebody not named Odin Lloyd.

Not to mention this is an NFL forum and it's in an NFL section of the board rather than The Sideline.

Also, Ray Lewis is an atrocious example; many believe he was guilty and only got off because he rolled on his friends. Multiple witnesses said they saw the limo dump the suit, the suit was never recovered, the limo driver heard Ray admit to it, but shut up in the eleventh hour, et cetera.

• Upvote 1

The bad part is from the look on his face in court I think he did it and will plead guilty

Pretty sure he knows he is fucked. Dude showed no emotion in the feed I saw of him. He's guilty. :yep:

It's never good to infer someone is guilty based off of their looks. How are you suppose to look when your being convicted?

Apparently there is a text book written about how your facial expressions should be presented when being arraigned in an extremely huge and life detrimental court proceeding. I didn't think he was smirking when I watched the video, I think he was more giving us the "tough guy, I don't care look" and when he was puckering his lips and everything he was just basically saying "what the fuck". I've done it before in court. It's just as easy that he could have just been in disbelief that this was happening. Who knows. We certainly don't.

As a huge fan of the court proceedings system and the right you have to be innocent until proven guilty, I'll just wait for the trial. It's more likely at this point that he did murder Odin Lloyd than he didn't, but no one knows the real out come.

Also, whether you believe Ray Lewis did commit murder or not, it doesn't matter. He was proven innocent and pleaded to obstruction, so he shouldn't be held accountable for something he most likely didn't do. The main point of the Ray Lewis comparison was just to point out that no one knows the out come. He could go into the final minutes of his case looking guilty and come out clean. In that case, what will most of you do? If he ends up ruled innocent, I'm betting most of you are chomping at the bits wanting your teams to pick him up off the free agent wire.

I'm so glad to see TMZ has pictures and videos to share on the matter. Lol.

Yes, the death of Odin Lloyd is tragic, more so because of the high profile individual involved in the investigation. Everyone feels for his family. If Aaron Hernandez wasn't involved, no one in the world would turn their head. This would just be chalked up as another shooting in America. No one would care about the victim. Because Hernandez is involved, everyone is playing super sensitive. I'm not trying to sound like a prick, but if you're going to talk about Odin Lloyd and his family more than releasing your condolences, perhaps you should also pay attention to the man who is in critical condition after being nearly beaten to death by a Cleveland Browns rookie.

Edited by Rain Man

TGP, the only place a murder trial thread for an NFL player can turn into a thread about Tom Brady and his receiving threats.

Again, everyone is automatically assuming he killed the man. It's most likely, of course, but certainly these charges still don't say it all. Homicide investigations are complete cat and mouse games. I refer to the Ray Lewis trial again. It's very possible Hernandez was indeed an accessory, but until they get anything out of him, no one will know. Unless they have something that is without a doubt stone evidence against him, we can't say he's guilty just yet. That's the whole point of the entire system.

Also, there have been no reports saying that there were any others arrested in the homicide. This may or may not be the case.

The first degree murder charge doesn't say he killed the man!?

Isn't he or wasn't he also being sued for shooting a dude in the face?

Sad to see such talent wasted if he is indeed guilty. As of right now, things do not look good for him.

The first degree murder charge doesn't say he killed the man!?

No. First Degree Murder charge says the police think they can prove he killed a man. He still has to be tried in a court of law.

Rain Man is correct in that whether we think he's guilty or not doesn't matter. However, It's highly unlikely at this point that he's innocent because he certainly has not by any stretch of the imagination acted like an innocent man. If he does manage to get out of the murder charge there's no way he's walking away with at least obstruction of justice and probably accessory after the fact because even if they can't prove he pulled the trigger they have everything they need to prove he at least tried to cover it up.

Edited by Jayrus
  • Upvote 1

Timeline night of

Texts going back and forth from Hernandez to his friends to "get your asses up here". Hernandez says in the house that "he can't trust anyone anymore" shortly before they leave. Left the house, bought stuff at a gas station, arrived at Lloyd's home. Lloyd got in the car, proceeded down Fayston St(caught on video), tracks the car through the city of Boston, got on 95, went back to North Attleboro. Hernandez is upset with Lloyd after the previous night at the club, can't trust him, is mad at what Lloyd is telling people, Lloyd sends text to his mom and sister saying did you see who i am with after 3:22, sends another text to his mom saying Just so you know who I am with NFL, 3:22 am they go by Seekonk Supply, they go by Metal working near his home but they go a different way behind the industrial buildings. Car is down there at 3:23 AM. Between 3:23 and 3:27 AM people working in buildings hear gun shots approx. 5. 3:28 N Attleboro Electric Department picks up video of him. Distance of home to homicide site is 2 minutes. 5 shell casings recovered from scene. Rigor mortis and position of body found is consistent with this timeframe and nature of where the crime was committed. Dug under his body and found that he had been shot when he was down on the ground after initial gunshots. 45 caliber weapon casings found and matched to the gun. At 3:27 AM when Hernandez left, the direction he traveled was consistent to the direction he need to go in order to go home. Surveillance shows him and 2 associates leaving the vehicle upon arrival to home. Hernandez seen carrying the gun and goes to walk through home with it. All go down to basement and they shut off the surveillance. 5:30 pm they go to the car rental to return car and there is damage to car but was not damage earlier in the night. Denies all knowledge of damage. Trade in rental for Chrysler 300 and go home. 2 guys with him leave in that car. Found shell casing under the drivers seat and gum he offered rental attendant. They call cleaners over to clean house and car. Police seized dumpster where everything was thrown out and found a shell casing. Evidence shows Lloyd was killed right as he left the car. Tire marks match Nissan Altima Hernandez rented. His friends tried to get rid of the gun under a car.
Edited by Mathias

Based on what prosecution has come up with and presented, I'm thinking that they believe this was all premeditated. Damn. I can't get over the fact that he destroyed his phone, but by all the things I'm seeing, it seems they have found Odin Lloyds phone. What I really want to know, what was/is Hernandez into in which he needs such amount of trust from others with the consequence of shooting the untrusted. I don't understand. There is so much more to the entire story than what we know.

Based on the fact that there are 3 different people including Hernandez, there is a solid chance he was just an accessory, but that's doubtful. Right now it sounds like he was the main person.

His friends probably rolled on him the first day when they were picked up.

Based on what prosecution has come up with and presented, I'm thinking that they believe this was all premeditated. Damn. I can't get over the fact that he destroyed his phone, but by all the things I'm seeing, it seems they have found Odin Lloyds phone. What I really want to know, what was/is Hernandez into in which he needs such amount of trust from others with the consequence of shooting the untrusted. I don't understand. There is so much more to the entire story than what we know.

Based on the fact that there are 3 different people including Hernandez, there is a solid chance he was just an accessory, but that's doubtful. Right now it sounds like he was the main person.

1st degree murder is premeditated in Massachusetts. Otherwise they would have charged him with 2nd degree murder.

Edited by Bucman
  • Upvote 1

His friends probably rolled on him the first day when they were picked up.

Good. I would have driven my ass to the police station to sing and plead for immunity. lol

By Nick Underhill, MassLive.com

Police in Connecticut have arrested a man connected to the death of Odin Lloyd.

Carlos Ortiz, a 27-year-old from Bristol, Conn., is being held on a $1.5 million bond. His charges are not yet known.

The Boston Globe reported early Monday that the Hartford Correctional Center confirmed that Ortiz was being held in connection Lloyd’s death. Ortiz’s court documents have been sealed.

Lloyd was murdered in North Attleborough around 2:30 a.m. on June 16 in an industrial park. Three men were involved in Lloyd’s death, but only former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is known to be charged with the murder.

Hernandez allegedly summoned two men from Connecticut to join him before Lloyd was killed.

Ortiz’s connection to Hernandez is not yet clear. He does, however, have photos of the tight end on his Facebook page.

Source: MassLive.com

Edited by BLUE

It's never good to infer someone is guilty based off of their looks. How are you suppose to look when your being convicted?

I'm not condemning anyone or passing down judgement just making an observation about his body language while he was getting charged. Wasn't shaking his head while the charges were being read as to say its not true or looking confident like he is innocent. It just seemed like a look that said "yeah I did those things, but I'm gonna deny it" IMO

Former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez is being investigated in connection with a 2012 double murder on Shawmut Avenue, according to two law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation. MORE

Maybe it was ...DOUBLE BUBBLE? LOL

2zpox8z.jpg

No, his biggest test was in 2006 when he had a washed up Troy Brown, Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, Chad fucking Jackson, Daniel Graham and Ben Watson as his receiving threats. Brady would have taken the Pats to Super Bowl XLI if it wasn't for the defense blowing an 18-point lead.

Something tells me he'll do just fine with Amendola, Edelman, Dobson, Boyce, Donald Jones, Gronk, Ballard and Hooman/Fells.

True, but In 2006 the Pats still had a top defense. They did get worn down, beat up and tired though in that title game.

Heck even as a Colts fan I knew we were in deep shit if you had a better WR. I can still see Reche dropping that pass near the end of the AFCCG. And I can still see Bob Sanders breaking up a third down pass to Troy Brown which ended up giving us the ball back for the game winning drive.

I remember Rodney Harrison being out for the postseason. When he was playing the Pats tended to beat the Colts.

The key for your squad to me is still going to be the defense and if they show any improvements. The offense has overcome a lot of shortcomings over there over recent years.

I don't think the Pats are in any obvious danger of losing the division unless we get a major shocker. It is more on the line of competing for a bye week. The AFC North/NFC South won't be easy overall plus Texans/Broncos on the schedule.

But, Brady makes a lot of guys look better then they are. So I would never count the Patriots out.

Edited by Jules

I'm convinced Hernandez was part of some sorta gang. He was always suspected to have ties to them, but the fact he has a blood tattoo is pretty damning.

I'm not condemning anyone or passing down judgement just making an observation about his body language while he was getting charged. Wasn't shaking his head while the charges were being read as to say its not true or looking confident like he is innocent. It just seemed like a look that said "yeah I did those things, but I'm gonna deny it" IMO

You have to look to make an observation. So because he wasn't shaking his head and didn't read confidence in his body language and seemed to have an indifferent disposition, you believed he's guilty. That's still looking at someone and inferring that they are guilty lol.

Edited by dutchff7

You have to look to make an observation. So because he wasn't shaking his head and didn't read confidence in his body language and seemed to have an indifferent disposition, you believed he's guilty. That's still looking at someone and inferring that they are guilty lol.

My point was just that I'm not making a final judgement or calling an absolute outcome...I'm just saying from my observation I formed my own opinion of it from his body language. Not claiming that I actually have any clue to what really happened