NaTaS

Kaepernick will not apologize for wearing a Dolphins hat

Fans get too wrapped up in these athletes personal lives. That cap probably looked fly with whatever he was wearing. Wear what you want. Just show up on Gameday.

Agreed. That douchey response didn't help tho'.

Also, offseason will be offseason.

Eh, I don't think it's douchey. I just see it as real. He's just telling the fans how he feels. Fans don't bit their lips when it comes to players so I don't have a problem with the players expressing themselves to fans. He's just telling them he can do what he wants. It's far from overboard so it's fine to me.

No problem with his response, the better thing would just be to not say anything at all. Also, its a Dolphins hat, not like its a NFC West, Raiders, or Cowboys hat

• Upvote 2

No problem with his response, the better thing would just be to not say anything at all. Also, its a Dolphins hat, not like its a NFC West, Raiders, or Cowboys hat

Or Packer hat... Although you rarely see people wear that...

Now, if it were a Ravens hat, I would probably lead the lynch mob myself

It's not like the guy is wearing a Rams or Seahawks hat. I honestly don't care.

Eh, I don't think it's douchey. I just see it as real. He's just telling the fans how he feels. Fans don't bit their lips when it comes to players so I don't have a problem with the players expressing themselves to fans. He's just telling them he can do what he wants. It's far from overboard so it's fine to me.

You don't think that smirk is douchey? I like the guy, but that picture reeks douchebag to me. The text doesn't so much bother me, nor does the hat - it's the picture/response.

You don't think that smirk is douchey? I like the guy, but that picture reeks douchebag to me. The text doesn't so much bother me, nor does the hat - it's the picture/response.

To me he's just expressing himself on how he really feels about the situation. I can only imagine what he read that those fans said knowing how retarded they can get. They probably deserved that face lol. Basically he's showing that he doesn't care what the fans think and doesn't mind telling them being vocal / visual about it. What he did didn't seem overboard in context to the situation and isn't disrespectful so meh. It just doesn't bother me. It's just expression. One that we may have worn on our faces out of reaction if people were telling us what to wear.

Edited by dutchff7

I think he's a douchebag :shrug:

My bad Socal. Somehow skipped over your posts.

No NFCW Rival, Cowboys or Ravens hats. :nope:

Wow. Nothing has driven home the fact that its the off season like this story.

Ya, I don't see why he had to respond at all. But that picture and his stupid face make me want to hit him. Definitely have the douche vibes going on there.

Almost forgot it was still the offseason until I read this story...

I remember when TO was an Eagle he wore a Michael Irvin jersey after a Cowboys-Eagles game. lmao

Ya, I don't see why he had to respond at all. But that picture and his stupid face make me want to hit him. Definitely have the douche vibes going on there.

Yeah, I had that vibe during Super Bowl week when I saw him interviewed. Definitely has a douchey, dumb-as-shit college kid pressence.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

49er fans will have something real to be mad about when he comes down to Earth this coming season, anyway.

Well, he got them to the Superbowl this year.

When was the last time the Cowboys or the Vikings went that far? :troll:

Fans get too wrapped up in these athletes personal lives. That cap probably looked fly with whatever he was wearing. Wear what you want. Just show up on Gameday.

Dutch. This is your response to Revis wearing another teams hat and Socal called him a fucking tool. He was wearing a Falcons hat at that time, not a division Rival :shrug:

"I pretty much agree with Socal on this. Fuck a fashion statement, you can't be rocking another teams hat."

The double standard is pretty funny.

• Upvote 1

Dutch. This is your response to Revis wearing another teams hat and Socal called him a fucking tool. He was wearing a Falcons hat at that time, not a division Rival :shrug:

"I pretty much agree with Socal on this. Fuck a fashion statement, you can't be rocking another teams hat."

The double standard is pretty funny.

Lol yeah it is. Opinions are allowed to change. That just means I've grown and realized that it's not really a big deal.

It's pretty silly really.

Although I have to say, you will never see Russell Wilson wearing the attire of another NFL team. He understands what it means to be the face of a franchise.

Dude can play. But it's gaffes like this that perpetuate a burgeoning reputation as a knucklehead. Do I think this is a serious issue? No. But it's takes a pretty healthy dose of stupid to even consider doing that. Obviously, the concern would be, if he's stupid enough to do this, what kind of really stupid things could he be doing outside the public limelight.

Either way, it just shows that you don't take your profession as seriously as others. Doesn't mean he can't perform well regardless. But his professionalism certainly is reproachable. And his flippant response confirms that he still doesn't understand the responsibility of being a corporate icon.

He simply doesn't get it yet.

It's pretty silly really.

Although I have to say, you will never see Russell Wilson wearing the attire of another NFL team. He understands what it means to be the face of a franchise.

Dude can play. But it's gaffes like this that perpetuate a burgeoning reputation as a knucklehead. Do I think this is a serious issue? No. But it's takes a pretty healthy dose of stupid to even consider doing that. Obviously, the concern would be, if he's stupid enough to do this, what kind of really stupid things could he be doing outside the public limelight.

Either way, it just shows that you don't take your profession as seriously as others. Doesn't mean he can't perform well regardless. But his professionalism certainly is reproachable. And his flippant response confirms that he still doesn't understand the responsibility of being a corporate icon.

He simply doesn't get it yet.

Good point. Naturally it's something I would never do for some of the reasons you mentioned but I'm just not the person who would make such a big deal out of it now.

It's not like the guy is going to put in 80% because he's thinking about playing for the Dolphins... who cares what's on his head, it matters more what's in his head, and I'm sure that's 100% 49ers, and all anyone should really care about. I'd be willing to bet he got comped that hat and just put it on.

My brother-in-law works for Coke and only drinks Pepsi. Perhaps I should behead him :panic:

Also, don't forget that the NFL is a brotherhood, and a lot of these guys have a lot of respect for each other. Enough respect to wear a different hat isn't insane.

Edited by theMileHighGuy