Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

Your team's season is already over with...

If you're a fan of...

:Steelers::Browns::jags::Giants::Redskins::Vikings::panthers::Bucs:

then I am sorry to break the bad news, but you may want to get a head-start on looking at/evaluating the 2014 Draft prospects because your team is up shit creek without a paddle.

Per https://twitter.com/NFLONFOX

Tough stat for the 8 teams that are now 0-2: since 1990, teams that are winless after Week 2 have only made the playoffs 11.6% of the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We started 0-2 and won a Super Bowl. I don't think it's a death sentence. I'm not saying we'll do it again, but we have enough talent in a shitty division to make things interesting, IMO.

We started 0-2 and won a Super Bowl. I don't think it's a death sentence. I'm not saying we'll do it again, but we have enough talent in a shitty division to make things interesting, IMO.

I'm sure the Giants make up a good chunk of that percentage, so I guess there's always a chance...

I'm gonna bump this motherfucker when we win the Super Bowl in our own house!

(Which isn't happening)

• Upvote 1

If you're a fan of...

:Steelers::Browns::jags::Giants::Redskins::Vikings::panthers::Bucs:

then I am sorry to break the bad news, but you may want to get a head-start on looking at/evaluating the 2014 Draft prospects because your team is up shit creek without a paddle.

Per https://twitter.com/NFLONFOX

Tough stat for the 8 teams that are now 0-2: since 1990, teams that are winless after Week 2 have only made the playoffs 11.6% of the time.

If there's a 12% chance of making the playoffs after an 0-2 start, that means one of the teams you listed will make the playoffs. :yep:

If the Buccaneers and/or Redskins can better involve their playmakers and design plays around these players, I think they could be strong 2nd half teams.

Not quite. It's not as simple as saying well it's happens roughly 1/8th of the time, so 1/8th of the teams should make it.

Really I just wanted to sperg about binomial probability, but the chances of 1 or more teams making the playoffs is about 62.7%. Lets say we assume none of these makes the playoffs, the odds of that happening becomes:

8!/(0!)(8!) * (.116^0) * (.884^8). Or simplified it becomes .884^8, since the first two terms simplify to 1. Do the math and you get 0.3729... or 37.3% rounded. Meaning the possibility of one or more teams making it from this becomes 1-.373 or 62.7%.

I would give the Giants the best chance to come back and win a playoff berth out of that group.

Giants very well may be able to turn it around, I mean... they play in the NFC East.

I can honestly see every single team in that division going in either extreme. The Eagles can score like crazy but can't stop anybody. The Cowboys have talent but shoot themselves in the foot constantly. The Redskins could tank if RGIII doesn't return to form, but then again he could do so and they could make a run. The Giants could have good Eli show up for enough games in a row to put together a winning streak or he could continue his run at the NFL turnover record.

The NFC East is always the most difficult division to predict. It can be split 4 ways from Sunday.

Edited by dutchff7

The Vikings have Cleveland and Pittsburgh coming up next, so don't be surprised if they're 2-2 after four weeks. Changes everything.

However, I won't pretend that Minnesota/Pittsburgh in London is going to be an easy win. Not a chance.

The Redskins and Giants seasons ain't over. Not in the NFC East.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I'm not giving up yet. If Rivera isn't fired after the bye week, then it will be time to look forward to the draft.

• Upvote 1

The Jets have a worse chance than all those teams and they have one more win. :shifty:

Okay maybe not the Jags....or Browns.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Well, this is an absolute nonsense lol

Remember last season, when Cards were 5-0? Did they make the playoffs? No. Nothing is secure after 5 weeks, not to say about 2.

• Upvote 1

We get Josh Gordon back this week and Lavaman, we'd beat the shit outta the Jets.

Awww, I thought that was going to be a rape joke (Ben's body guard blocking the door)... :laugh:

With a little photoshop, that dream can be yours.

For this being a group of elite NFL minds (in reference to most general football fans), we're overreacting to 2 out of 17 weeks.

The Vikings, Panthers, Giants, and Redskins have had brutal 2 week schedules. The Eagles aren't a great team but Washington had to be the first to try to defend a brand new offense.

These four teams all have the pieces to at least be in the WC discussion.

Pittsburgh ran into Pouncey and Bell injuries and have had to try and figure out their run game while Tennessee and Cincy have been able to T off on Ben and his receivers. The Steelers, though it looks bleak, aren't done, either.

The aforementioned Cardinals were 5-0, then lost Kevin Kolb, their only QB who was able to not turn the ball over constantly and at least give them enough to win.

The Bills started 5-1 a few years back, then remembered that Trent Edwards was their starting quarterback.

Stop overreacting. Football is as unpredictable as it comes, and that's what great about it. We're not able to sit here after two weeks of the season and just assume one team's going to win the Super Bowl, and yet in the NBA we know Miami's going to win it all, if healthy.

Calm down.

BWare, I think most of us agree that it's an overreaction. I highly doubt the Browns make the playoffs - I just want to see some improvement as we build this young team.

The Panthers have had a brutal two week schedule? The Bills are brutal now?

It's same old, same old. It's not overreacting when I've seen this exact same thing for two seasons now. Mark it down, right now. If Rivera isn't fired and/or brainwashed to do something different, the Panthers are done. 2-14 in one score games says it all.

Redskins are likely not legit. The secondary is too porous and the offense still needs more time to get it together. It's too little, too late. Griffin is only passing well when the defense is relaxed from putting up a huge lead on them.