seanbrock

What Does Your Team Have To Do To Win This Week

Simple enough topic. For the Eagles, we're obviously huge underdogs and Peyton is playing maybe the best football of his career. For the Eagles to win this game they have take chances and try and get as many possessions as they can. If that means try an onside kick to open the game or the second half, then do it, but Peyton is going to torch our secondary and he's going to throw touchdowns. We need to sell out and try to get after him and shut the run down. We need to use our defensive line depth to win the battle up front. It might be tough to get to Peyton though because of his quick release so we might have to play the passing lanes and try to bat down passes but if he torches us on a few big plays then so be it. So long as we can get some extra possessions. Offensively we need to not make mistakes and again, win the battle up front. If we can keep Denver's offense off the field by running a bunch of plays like we did with the Skins week 1.

We need...divine intervention.

Okay, seriously, we need our corners to play their best--which is to say they need to play bad, not awful--and we need substantial pass rush on Peyton, generating a fumble or two. Our offense has to click like it did against Washington, and special teams can't make any mistakes.

Divine intervention wouldn't hurt, either.

• Upvote 1

Pass block, and that is a challenge without Russell Okung against Watt and company. However, we blocked like CRAP against the Carolina Panthers, and Russell hung in there and made the key throws necessary.

:Chargers:

Protect/help Rivers and play defense (something they haven't done all season, imo). Pretty much our theme to this entire season. Our defense has been a huge let down for me.

Keep Montee Ball away from the field, and distract Trent Cole all game long.

It is not physically possible for us to win this week... since we're on a bye. :p

Haden has to shut down Green (he will), the Destroyer has to destroy, and the pass rush needs to continue to be the best one ever.

Switch schedules so we're playing Jacksonville instead.

I guess if maybe our secondary can hold up against all odds and our line plays well we could pull it out.

But more realistically, Jacksonville.

Win the turnover battle and run the freakin ball.

Keep the game close and let Wilson get his 4th quarter groove on.

It would help if we don't game plan the normal long developing pass plays. Russell has been holding the ball for a long time and realistically we can't expect to hold off the Texans rush for as long as it takes for us to deliver the ball.

I'd game plan quick hitters. Run the ball. Live with punts. Let Schaub lose the game. You know he wants to anyway. If you keep the game close the pressure will make him crack.

Rookie QB just needs to not turn the ball over, complete easy passes and do just enough for our D and run game to get the win.

ALSO, keep Revis on Larry Fitzgerald at ALL TIMES. If I see him covering some no name 3rd/4th WR in zone coverage while Leonard Johnson covers Fitz I'm going to drive down to Tampa to personally collect Schiano and Sheridan's heads.

Edited by Milla4Prez63

Dallas needs to...not suck.

Honestly, win the turnover battle and Dallas probably wins this game. San Diego is no slouch, though.

:Steelers:

1. The Ts need to block better. Fernando Velasco has done a splendid job at C in place of Maurkice Pouncey, and David DeCastro has gotten better with each game. The interior O-line is fine. Most of the pressure on Ben Roethlisberger this season has come from the edges. Both of Roethlisberger's fumbles against the Bears were the result of instant pressure from the right.

2. Roethlisberger needs to be more accurate. It's not a matter of him delivering the ball late or making bad decisions; he's simply letting the ball get away from him. All four INTs he's thrown so far this season have been inaccurate passes, and three of them have been overthrown. Some of this could be the result of pressure in his face, in which case we should refer back to point #1.

3. The defense needs to tighten up a couple of loose ends. The Steelers are the only team in the NFL that hasn't forced any turnovers so far this season, which not only makes it harder for the offense to score since they seldom get short fields to work with, but also allows the opposing team to keep its momentum. On that note, the defense also needs to start making stops on third down more reliably.

Edited by DBR96A

<----Didn't get the Montee Ball lovefest some had here. :shrug: It wasn't for his fumbling though (even though he fumbled more each year in college, but it wasn't bad like now but it's still getting exponentially worse each year, weird.) Just thought he was more a system product because he wasn't wowing to me at all physically.

<----Didn't get the Montee Ball lovefest some had here. :shrug: It wasn't for his fumbling though (even though he fumbled more each year in college, but it wasn't bad like now but it's still getting exponentially worse each year, weird.) Just thought he was more a system product because he wasn't wowing to me at all physically.

outside of that fumble montee was having a great game and won me over to why Elway wanted him. We have built a pretty strong rotation at RB that I am very happy about

Fumbles are the worst thing a runningback can do. It's kind of like saying outside of those 5 interceptions, Joe Flacco played really well against the Bills.

Haden has to shut down Green (he will), the Destroyer has to destroy, and the pass rush needs to continue to be the best one ever.

Done. Done. Done. Won.

Pass block, and that is a challenge without Russell Okung against Watt and company. However, we blocked like CRAP against the Carolina Panthers, and Russell hung in there and made the key throws necessary.

And apparently a game tying pick-6 by Richard Sherman. One of our most stylish, despite being a bit sloppy victories, I would say.

Switch schedules so we're playing Jacksonville instead.

I guess if maybe our secondary can hold up against all odds and our line plays well we could pull it out.

But more realistically, Jacksonville.

Well, 5 interceptions are something I suppose.

RZ, can you come up with some advanced metric of some form to confirm my bias that Kiko is DROTY so far?