BucD

Texans Fire Kubiak

@SI_PeterKing:

I expect Gary Kubiak will be fired today as the coach of the Texans.

@JayGlazer:

Just heard from a Texans member who told me Coach Kubiak has informed coaches he has been let

@RapSheet:

Gary Kubiak has left the #Texans facility. Source said he has informed others he is no longer the team’s coach.

Edited by BucD

Can't think of the last time the Jags got someone fired. Kinda nice...

This is what happens when you bench your up and coming QB for captain mediocrity, Matt Schaub.

I'm sorry, Gary, but you let your young QB work out the kinks when your season is lost. You got what you deserved.

• Upvote 2

This is what happens when you bench your up and coming QB for captain mediocrity, Matt Schaub.

I'm sorry, Gary, but you let your young QB work out the kinks when your season is lost. You got what you deserved.

Didn't this board have Schaub as a top 10 QB? lmao

I think a lot of us did have him at the bottom of the top ten largely because there's a huge clusterfuck between 5 and 15, but if nothing else we can take comfort in the fact that Jaws had him ranked #9 over the summer: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List « ESPN MediaZone

He used to be ahead of guys like Romo and Rivers on here. LMAO, right? The product of a great situation, exemplified.

A lot of us fell for it, including me.

Wasn't the same after the Texans came to Foxboro and got hatefucked. I should have seen this coming. =O

RIvers has largely been a gigantic waste of space the last couple of years. Whether that was because of injury or otherwise is fairly irrelevant. As Razor said, things change.. QBs get better or worse.. New guys come in.. Circumstances are altered. I don't think it's unreasonable to say Schaub was at once a serviceable guy.

Edited by Favre4Ever

If you'd have said, before the season, that Kubiak would be the first coach fired...

• Upvote 1

Kubes will be a hot commodity as an offensive coordinator. I wish him nothing but the best. But with that said, it was just time for him to go. I commend him for his efforts, but eight seasons is more than enough time to give a coach to build a championship team.

Now I have to play the worrying game about who his possible successor may be...

Edited by FartWaffles

Wade Philips the new HC in Houston.. Haha.

Wade Philips the new HC in Houston.. Haha.

that's not a surprise to anyone is it? interims are almost always internal promotions and nobody else on the Texans' coaching staff would make sense

• Upvote 1

Giving Dennison a shot might not have been so bad.

Giving Dennison a shot might not have been so bad.

Ehh... I'm of the thinking that after Week 17 Dennison will be gone too. The only reason he's still around is because somebody's gotta call the plays for the offense.

Honestly I hope Wade gets the axe too. The entire coaching staff needs to be blown up.

Lovie Smith or Jon Gruden.

Gruden is never returning to coaching. Not at the NFL level, anyway.

Lovie, on the other hand, makes a lot of sense.

I think Jon Gruden would come back for the right situation. And I told Trident Lovie was going to Houston last week, so if it happens, remember who said it first. But if it doesn't go ahead and give Trident credit. :troll:

I think Jon Gruden would come back for the right situation. And I told Trident Lovie was going to Houston last week, so if it happens, remember who said it first. But if it doesn't go ahead and give Trident credit. :troll:

I saw it first from Vin on Twitter. :laugh:

And I'm not saying Gruden wouldn't want to come back; I just don't see any team wanting to bring him back. He's been out of the game too long (as a coach, anyway).

Edited by SteVo

I'd be okay with Lovie Smith, but just okay. There's other coaching candidates I'd be a lot more ecstatic about.

From a potential SB team to this :yao:. At least they will likely get Teddy Bridgewater.

I think a lot of us did have him at the bottom of the top ten largely because there's a huge clusterfuck between 5 and 15, but if nothing else we can take comfort in the fact that Jaws had him ranked #9 over the summer: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List « ESPN MediaZone

And how bad of a list was that? I ridiculed it at the time. This isn't even in hindsight.