Bay

Offensive rookie of the year?

OROY  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Keenan Allen
    • Eddie Lacy
    • Other

Who should be the offensive rookie of the year and is it a two-horse race?

You are ignoring both Gio Bernard and Zac Stacy who deserve mention. In any case, Gio Bernard is my guy.

I'm not ignoring them, the public is. :smug:

Eddie and Keenan are definitely future stars but Gio is already one of the best playmakers out there. I'll roll with Gio.

Don't see why you would take Gio over Eddie.

Care to lay out the reasoning?

No love for Cordarrelle Patterson or Tavon Austin?

Patterson (to no fault of his own) wasn't used like he could have been and Austin sucked major ass or was invisible for most of the season. I love Gio but I think Lacy is the more complete player. Zac Stacy is good too but eh Lacy has been there from the start.

IMO it's between Allen and Lacy.

I really wish we would use Lacy as a receiver more than we do, he can be a difference maker in that area as well... Just not a big part of our game plan this year. Hopefully it is moving forward. And let's not forget that he is a great blocker in pass pro.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Because Gio had the single best run of the year. :D

Le'Veon Bell has been awesome, too, but he also missed a few games.

I'm obviously biased towards Allen, but I think he's been every bit as impressive as Lacy and has done so at receiver. Much less common to have a great rookie season at receiver than at running back.

Allen needs 43 yards this week to break 1,000. Should he get there, he will be just the 3rd rookie receiver to break 1,000 yards and 8 touchdowns since 1999 (Boldin and Colston being the others).

Assuming that Lacy finishes with about 1200 and 11 TD's, he will be 8th the since 1999 to do so. Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, Steve Slaton, Adrian Peterson, Clinton Portis, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Edgerrin James being the others.

Puts him in good company for sure, but the receiving feat is clearly more exceptional.

I think it should definitely be Allen. Lacy hasn't really done much since Rodgers went down other than tear up 2 dogshit defenses and he wouldn't have even been the 2nd best rookie RB from last year. Allen has had a very good season for a rookie WR.

Gio's career will last twice as long

You could take both sides of that argument. Eddie Lacy is a big guy and will probably deal with minor injuries his entire career.. If they pile up enough, ya, it could be ended prematurely.

Then again, with Gio.. What makes him so incredibly special is the combination of speed, agility, and shiftyness. That doesn't last forever, either.

Saying who will have a longer career at this point is simply premature.... but I will take the battering ram over the ballerina.

You could take both sides of that argument. Eddie Lacy is a big guy and will probably deal with minor injuries his entire career.. If they pile up enough, ya, it could be ended prematurely.

Then again, with Gio.. What makes him so incredibly special is the combination of speed, agility, and shiftyness. That doesn't last forever, either.

Saying who will have a longer career at this point is simply premature.... but I will take the battering ram over the ballerina.

I wasn't really referring to their size, I was going off of the fact lacy's biggest year in college was 185 carries and he had 5 surgeries on injuries, one of which was a major injury that will shorten his career. Plus he's already been knocked out with injuries twice this year. At least right now it doesn't look the best for a long career

Which 5 surgeries? Hopefully you aren't going to be making a huge deal out of the toe thing... lol. Plus, I would say the limited workload in college would move him towards having a longer career. Less wear and tear on his body...

Gio's career will last twice as long

What the heck does that have to do with OROY?

Nothing whatsoever.

• Upvote 2

I think Patterson could have been in this conversation had he been used more often in the first half of the season. He's been great for us lately, though I won't deny his contention for OROY would be partially because of his outstanding ST play.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely. Why the Vikings held him back for so long baffles me...

It's Giovanni Bernard fix the poll

It's Giovanni Bernard fix the poll

No. That's what other is for.