BLUE

Update: DeSean Jackson signs 3-year deal with Redskins

Per Rotoworld.com:

Philly.com's Jimmy Kempski reports there is an "opinion among some in the Eagles' organization" that DeSean Jackson's personality is "not a great fit" with the team's locker room culture, and the Eagles "could be open to trading him."
This isn't the first D-Jax trade rumor. Per Kempski, the Eagles are "not going to shop Jackson" because doing so would cost them leverage, but "if another team came calling, the Eagles certainly wouldn't laugh and hang up." Even if the odds remain low that Jackson will be shipped off, they grew when the Eagles re-signed Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin. Philly also has an excellent tight end group, and Damaris Johnson, Jeff Maehl, and Arrelious Benn as wideout depth. Mar 2 - 2:00 PM
Source: Philly.com

Jackson had a career year in this offense last year and looked more motivated than ever.Unless we got something really big for him he's worth way too much to this team at the moment.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports DeSean Jackson "isn't close to being cut," and the Eagles "aren't actively shopping" him.

Beat writer Jeff McLane tweeted that the "rumors have little weight," and "the madness needed to be stopped." McLane's colleague at the Inquirer, Jimmy Kempski, got the ball rolling on the Jackson rumors last weekend, saying "some in the organization" don't believe Jackson's personality is a fit and the Eagles "could be open to trading him." Obviously, Kempski wasn't saying Jackson was going to be traded. But these rumors have taken off a bit in recent days. Jackson is coming off a career season and is the only outside big-play threat in Philadelphia. He should be back for another season with coach Chip Kelly.

One person close to DeSean Jackson told the Allentown Morning Call that there's "no way" Jackson will return to the Eagles in 2014.

There have been so many conflicting reports on the Eagles' feelings about D-Jax that it's hard to know what to believe. "There is no way he's an Eagle this year," the person close to Jackson said. "However it leaked out, it leaked out, and now this is what you have." Eagles beat writer Nick Fierro predicts "Jackson is out of here for sure, and long before the NFL draft too." Appearing on Sirius XM Radio Thursday morning, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio told host Ross Tucker that "DeSean Jackson's act is wearing thin with Chip Kelly."

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

With the circulating media reports, I have no idea what to believe. I'll wait until the Eagles either make an official comment or trade him.

I'm not believing in the hype. I'm sorry, I'm not a firm believer in trading away a strength for an unknown. It doesn't make any sense.

Do they think Maclin can preform better than Jackson did last year, and plus Maclin coming off an injury. But I also know that Djax is schelduled to make 10 million next year.

We aren't sure if Maclin will be back to himself. Also, if we trade Desean and Maclin gets hurt again (who's hurt a lot btw), who will we have left? Cooper as our main WR? No, I don't think so. We have nice depth right now and it would be a stupid move for the Eagles if we trade away our most dangerous WR who adds that deep threat element that not many receivers in the league can bring to the table.

Per Rotoworld.com:

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets have "inquired" on DeSean Jackson.
Most teams will be inquiring on one of the league's best receivers, but as RapSheet points out, New York's inquiry comes in tandem with Michael Vick's visit. There have been conflicting reports on Jackson's Philly future, but it's pretty clear the Eagles are at least listening to the phone calls. With or without Vick, the Jets would make sense as a landing spot. Gang Green is starved for playmakers. Mar 20 - 5:07 PM
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Panthers and Raiders have also inquired on DeSean Jackson.
They join the Jets, 49ers and Patriots as teams known to have looked in on the Eagles' No. 1 receiver. Predictably, the Eagles have denied that D-Jax is on the block, but at the very least, teams think he can be had. It's still possible the Eagles aren't actively shopping Jackson, but simply taking calls on his availability. Jackson's odds of remaining in Philly are looking no better than 50-50. Mar 20 - 9:18 PM
The Charlotte Observer reports the Eagles "informally reached out" to the Panthers about their interest in DeSean Jackson.
Previous reports indicated teams were inquiring about Jackson. This one claims the Eagles are taking the initiative. The Panthers currently have just $5 million in salary cap space, while Jackson's scheduled pay is $10.7 million in salary and bonuses. The Observer does not expect the Panthers to become serious players in the D-Jax sweepstakes. Still, this report should fuel increasing speculation that Jackson has played his final down in an Eagles uniform. Mar 21 - 1:36 PM
Eagles beat reporter Tim McManus reports DeSean Jackson believes he "will not be back" in Philadelphia for 2014.
McManus reported this after speaking to "two sources close to DeSean." Jackson clearly seems to be on the trade block after a Charlotte Observer report early Friday claimed the Eagles had "reached out" to the Panthers to gauge their interest in the 27-year-old wideout. Trading Jackson will be difficult due to his $10.7 million in scheduled salary and bonuses, but he's an explosive playmaker who will generate interest. In his first season under Chip Kelly, D-Jax set career highs in catches (82) and receiving yards (1,332), scoring nine touchdowns. Mar 21 - 4:44 PM
Edited by BLUE

...If that douchebag ends up in the NFCS I will rage. Send him to Oakland where he belongs.

Can Carolina even afford him? His contract is pretty large which is probably why they wanna trade him.

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/447392786074304512

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Seahawks and 49ers are "among the teams" showing interest in DeSean Jackson.
La Canfora confirms Philly has "stepped up efforts" to deal Jackson, "shopping him to several teams." La Canfora also reports "several" NFL general managers expect the Eagles to ultimately release D-Jax. Seattle and San Francisco both currently lack cap space to absorb Jackson's $10.7 million, but could fit him in if he's released and does a new deal. La Canfora reports Jackson trade talks "are expected to intensify" at this week's league meetings in Orlando.
Source: CBS Sports Mar 22 - 2:34 PM
Rotoworld

Having read a lot of reports coming out of Philly, it just seems like DeSean's diva act is wearing thin on Chip Kelly and the locker room.

https://twitter.com/TheRealDGunnCSN/status/447458821276200960

Took longer than expected, tbh.

Why anyone would want to take on that contract is beyond me. >_>

We gon sign him for less than Golden Tate :smug:

Still not giving into the hype but I can say I am getting slightly uneasy. I just don't think it's a good move to make. Trading or releasing Desean Jackson doesn't make us better in any way unless we get some type of kings ransom like the Vikings got for Percy Harvin last year. I just don't see teams giving us what he's worth. Desean stretches the field like no other with his elite speed and makes defenses have to play back which lessens players in the box for McCoy. Chip likes to spread defenses out and having a playmaker like Desean Jackson on the field definitely helps with that. Even for depth purposes, if Riley Cooper or Maclin goes down, we are very thin at WR or have unproven college kids.

I'd be able to take the trade more if we could get like a mid round 1st round draft pick like from the Jets or maybe a 2nd and a 4th or possibly a 5th round draft.

However, teams that I think would be good fits would be:

:patriots: This would be a dream made in heaven for Desean with Brady and Belichick. Belichick would also know how to use him and keep him in check.

:Packers: Packers can afford him and Rodgers would make Desean much more dangerous. I really don't see him as an organizational fit though. Packers are classy.

:49ers: They need speed at the WR position.

:panthers: Need more receivers. Would be cool to see Cam to Desean. That just sounds electric.

:Bengals: Next to A.J Green would be ridiculous and they can afford him as well.

:Jets: It would be fitting to see Vick (assuming he beats Geno) to Jackson again in Mornhinweg's system again.

ESPN New York reports the Jets have a "measured interest" in DeSean Jackson that will "intensify if he's released."
This is likely the case with all of the clubs interested in Jackson. Nobody wants to take on his $10.7 million for 2014. Jackson has three years and $30 million left on his current deal and is unwilling to renegotiate. With Michael Vick now in the fold and the Jets starved for playmakers, they'd make plenty of sense as a landing spot for Jackson. Gang Green also has a ton of cap room.
Related: Jets
Source: ESPN New York

All these teams hoping for us to cut DeSean and then sign him for cheap have another thing coming. There's a reason the Eagles are shopping him, and it's essentially the same reason he's unwilling to negotiate. If he's released, the team who offers the most cash will land him.

Teams that want to sign DeSean had better keep in my that he's going to whoever pays him lol. If you're not prepared to outbid everyone to get him with a contract offer you're better off trading for him. The Eagles front office hasn't handled this well at all imo. I think DeSean is losing his trade value by the day. I do feel like to just cut him would be a huge mistake. I don't know the details but I'd much rather have DeSean on the roster next year than to cut him and get nothing for him.

• Upvote 1

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/447829361966981120

If we did trade Desean, I'd be a little more content if we could land a 1st for him. The Jets sitting at the 18th pick would make this bullet a little bit easier to swallow. That would be the best case scenario in dreamland and very unlikely. However, I'm totally against releasing Jackson for nothing. We have the cap to eat his salary and as long as he performs, I don't care about the cap number.

Edited by dutchff7