ATL_Predator

The Real Draft Thread

First and foremost, I want the Eagles to address defense in the first round. But for some reason, I feel the Eagles might try to trade up to get Beckham... I've seen the reports but considering everything he does and how talented and versatile he is, I can see it happening. Chip loves versatile player and Beckham is a threat in the return game and can line up anywhere on the field. Granted, I really do like Beckham but I wouldn't want the Eagles to trade up. However, at the same time, I wouldn't mind having him once he's on our team because I do believe he will be a play maker in this league. If we do, just hope we don't have to pay a kings ransom.

Edited by Dutch

I swear to everything. If the Lions trade up for ANY reason, especially Watkins, I'll be so pissed. Please God don't let that happen.

What about Evans?

Watching some tape on Kenny Ladler. Back to back forced fumbles against Texas A&M... Please Cincy... Take Ladler.

Donald could give McCoy a breather and he obviously wouldn't only be playing the 3 technique. Donald is an extremely versatile player and could pretty much play anywhere on the line. With the addition of Donald, we could possibly have the best D-line in the NFL and have a ton of depth at DT. Having great depth on the D-line and rotating guys in and out is never a bad thing.

Hate to break it to you but Donald isn't stout at the point of attack. All of his talent is in pass rushing. On double teams and power plays he tends to get driven. He has the ability to shed blocks quickly, but I don't know how often he will do that in the NFL as a rookie. So playing him at the 1 technique or anywhere on a inside shoulder might not be a great option.

The dude dominated everyone he has faced and has ridiculous strength and quickness off the snap. I'm not expecting him to come into the league and dominate right away, but I think he will be a huge force come year 3.

Donald could give McCoy a breather and he obviously wouldn't only be playing the 3 technique. Donald is an extremely versatile player and could pretty much play anywhere on the line. With the addition of Donald, we could possibly have the best D-line in the NFL and have a ton of depth at DT. Having great depth on the D-line and rotating guys in and out is never a bad thing.

So you draft a guy #7 who can give Mccoy a breather? Why do that when someone like Easley can be had in round 3. Easley was a first rounder before his injury.

No, you draft him and play him all over the defensive line. He's a great pass rusher and could play DE if needed. Having a defensive linemen who is as versatile as Donald is great to have.

He barely was graded out as a first rounder because of his lack of length. He is moving up after showing his athleticism. But playing him at DE when the length was the problem to begin with? I don't see it. Only in a odd-front and Lovie doesn't run much of that.

Want anybody on D not named gilbert.

Donald :yep:

Would love to have him but doubt he drops to 14 and I also doubt we will trade up for a player. Gilbert is athletic no doubt about it but I watched 3 tapes on him and just not impressed look liked he was/is afraid to tackle as well.

Let's talk Bears fan to Bears fan. This is the problem with the whole Donald thing (and may not be a problem), but we have a number of three techniques on our roster already. Everyone thinks you draft Donald and kick everyone over and that isn't going to be a pretty sight. We are talking Ratliff who they brought back especially to start, now granted he is older and will probably be on limited snaps so there is room there. Paea who is going into his fourth year and has young legs, upside there is he has ridiculous strength and can move to the one technique. Nate Collins who they are high on and will see some snaps. Then you go to the possibility of Lamarr Houston moving inside to the three technique, I don't care what people say he is a natural 3-4 DE which translates to a three technique in a 4-3.

Now that leaves you with the option of letting Donald play some one technique, because despite what people think not every team assigns specific techniques to players they may be right and left and line up depending on the strength of the formation. So now you get Donald playing some three tech and some one tech, but he scares me at one tech because he does not hold up against a double team well at all and doesn't hold his gap against blocks. Donald is a shedding defensive lineman which is the best to be but takes time to master that on the NFL level. And lastly why wouldn't he be around? Draft buzz is on hell of a peer pressure. I don't care what the rumors are he graded out early second to late first round, then he had a mini-explosion at the combine and people bypassed his faults as a run stuffer and moved him up based on athleticism to mid first round, and now all of a sudden people link him to Tampa and then the whole top ten wants an Aaron Donald.....I'm not buying it.

And for the record I want Fuller or Verrett in the first and Deone Bucannon in the second or Terrance Brooks in the third

Edited by butta55

Pumped to find out who Gettleman's Blue Goose is at 28, I fully expect it to come down to Kelvin Benjamin or Cody Latimer if both are still there and if they don't decide to trade down which could be the other option. Most of the OT will probably be gone and what will be there at 28 really isn't much different then what we could get in the 2nd or 3rd. CB after getting Godfrey to take a pay cut and talk of moving him from S to CB I think we wait until later for them. If there might be any surprises it might be OLB if Shazier is there or even Guard if Sua-Fila is there.

I've been watching more Shazier tape and now I kind of hope he falls to us.

I'm happy with anyone not Bradley Roby. Please, no Roby. I'll break shit if we take Roby.

I'm hoping you guys do so the Chargers don't!!!

Let's pray Dennard falls or we go Fuller/Verrett.

I really want Fuller but I doubt he falls past you guys.

I've been watching more Shazier tape and now I kind of hope he falls to us.

I know we had a late met up and workout with Shazier this week I think it was Tuesday or Monday may just be a smoke screen but our big needs are WR, CB, & OT then we got our two next smaller needs would be OLB & Guard so it wouldn't be totally out of left field if we took him I would be surprised we took a OLB that early though with WR & LT being so decimated. I was hoping we got Telvin Smith from FSU later for OLB.

Edited by panthergf

tumblr_m9cfz5u2qd1r9t4p5o2_500.gif

• Upvote 1

I swear to everything. If the Lions trade up for ANY reason, especially Watkins, I'll be so pissed. Please God don't let that happen.

What about Evans?

Evans is too similar to Megatron, IMO. Obviously not saying he will be anywhere near as dominate as Megatron, but they are both huge bodies and I think the Lions would rather have a guy like Watkins, who can pretty much do anything and is good in open space. He'd be a perfect compliment to Megatron. The rumors are all saying the Lions want to trade up for him too, so we'll see.

Does anyone know if there is a place where I could see a prediction as to which player each team will draft?

I wish I could fall into a deep sleep until 7:30 Pm.

Going from last year in college having ALLLLL the time in the world to finish up draft work to a full-time 60hr a week job with little to no time to finish pre-draft work is killing me :Suicide:

What about Evans?

Evans is too similar to Megatron, IMO. Obviously not saying he will be anywhere near as dominate as Megatron, but they are both huge bodies and I think the Lions would rather have a guy like Watkins, who can pretty much do anything and is good in open space. He'd be a perfect compliment to Megatron. The rumors are all saying the Lions want to trade up for him too, so we'll see.

I'd trade up for neither. Would be happier with a trade up for Evans as I see him as a possible future superstar, which is far more then what I can say about Watkins.

Ok being truthful my first wish is Pitt and Cincy fuck this up. For Pitt, lately, this is a very plausible outcome...Cincy on the other hand not so much.

As for the Ravens I would like to See Calvin Pryor in the first, if we cant get him then wait until round 3 or 4 and I want to see Ebron, OBJ, Anthony Barr if he is there would be ideal, or trade back. In the second whoever is available between Morgan Moses or Tiny Richardson. If neither are available then hopefully Gabe Jackson is on the board, if everything goes to shit, then Allen Robinson or Matthews.

What about Evans?

I'd trade up for neither. Would be happier with a trade up for Evans as I see him as a possible future superstar, which is far more then what I can say about Watkins.

I agree. Definitely wouldn't want to trade up into the top 5 for any receiver. I'm just saying I think Watkins would fit in with the Lions better than Evans.

Schefter tweeted today that the Jets, Lions, Browns (with 2nd pick), 49ers, Texans (from 2nd to 1st) and Falcons (from 2nd to 1st) have all expressed interest in trading up.

He also tweeted the Raiders, Bucs, Titans, Ravens, Dolphins and Pats have all expressed interest in trading down.

Browns should draft good players.

Here's to hoping our teams draft good players. :beerchug2:

What about Evans?

Why do you hate Watkins so much?

Ok being truthful my first wish is Pitt and Cincy fuck this up. For Pitt, lately, this is a very plausible outcome...Cincy on the other hand not so much.

As for the Ravens I would like to See Calvin Pryor in the first, if we cant get him then wait until round 3 or 4 and I want to see Ebron, OBJ, Anthony Barr if he is there would be ideal, or trade back. In the second whoever is available between Morgan Moses or Tiny Richardson. If neither are available then hopefully Gabe Jackson is on the board, if everything goes to shit, then Allen Robinson or Matthews.

Anyone not Roby and first round is successful.

Here is my ideal draft scenario.

Trading back into the 2nd round and getting in order:

2nd: Davante Adams (or Allen Robinson if he's not there) and Marcus Smith, Deone Bucannon, Jeremiah Attaochu or Demarcus Lawrence.

3rd. Stanley Jean Baptiste, Terrance Brooks, Jared Abbrederis, Christian Jones, Donte Moncrief, or Cody Latimer.

If any of those guys in the 3rd drop in the 4th, that would be great. If we can come out of the draft with a combination of these guys, the draft would be a success in my eyes.

First round prospects I would want if we didn't trade back in order:

Anthony Barr, C.J Mosley, Darqueze Dennard, Kyle Fuller, Calvin Pryor, Stephon Tuitt, Justin Gilbert, Hasean Clinton Dix. If we were to go WR, Odell Beckham and then Brandin Cooks. I want defense first though even though I really like Beckham and think Chip will utilize Cooks to get good production out of him; both of them actually.

Can't wait until tonight to see what our Eagles do. After an entire year in Chips offense and Billy Davis 3-4 defense, it's exciting to see them be able to hand pick their own players to fit their systems for the long term. Go Eagles! :rockon: