ATL_Predator

The Real Draft Thread

It's official, fuck the 49ers. I hope those queerbags lose every game this year.

• Upvote 1

Who is Hageman...and who is Southward

Two new starters on the Falcons' defense lol

WILL SUTTON!!!!!!!! BEAST ON THE LINE!

Now let's trade Ego..... :devious:

• Upvote 1

So many teams are having great drafts. Add the Raiders and Texans to the list, as if they weren't on it already.

I love the Sutton pick!!! he was on my day 2 wish list

Didn't know much about Khyri Thornton, seems like some have it as a reach while others had him graded at about where we took him -- Fringe 3rd rounder.

The one thing I like most about him.. He doesn't stop. He just keeps going.

Get BJ Raji the fuck out of town. :yep:

Armchair scout Joel approves of Hageman for what it's worth (not very much). He can play DE in the 3-4 and play as a pass rushing UT in the 4-3. He's got all pro potential. :yep:

Colts have some HUGE receivers. Oh my God.

I just hope Chip Kelly and Howie Roseman are smarter than I am because this draft has me scratching my head so far. Maybe NFL teams were higher on Thorton than I am. Never even heard of the guy tbh. Huff makes a lot of sense though.

TBH I like the Falcons draft picks so far. Will the first three selections live up to their potential this season? LOL not sure but if they do then the Falcons have addressed some needs which I like to see them do.

On another note don't look now but the Texans still have NOT selected a QB which means my prediction they will end up with Aaron Murray is at least a possibility (growing stronger too). Of course they might take one of several including McCarron or Savage (but imho for what little it is worth Murray will be the one).

I'm not saying GMs and professional scouts aren't better then you and me, because they are, they actually know what they are doing. But I do think there's nothing wrong with questioning decisions they make. They do make mistakes on top of mistakes all the time.

• Upvote 1

Armchair scout Joel approves of Hageman for what it's worth (not very much). He can play DE in the 3-4 and play as a pass rushing UT in the 4-3. He's got all pro potential. :yep:

Colts have some HUGE receivers. Oh my God.

Hakeem Nicks, Donte Moncrief, Da'Rick Rogers are the monsters. Reggie Wayne is the captain outside. And Hilton the speed down the seam. WOW

Not sure if I like Watt in the 3rd.....

Going full blind homer now. Bortles, Lee, Robinson, and Linder all future Hall of Famers. GOAT players of all time. Best ever.

Awesome :doge: Wow. Amazing.

A+++++

Interesting bits on Southward that I had missed before:

http://draft.atlantafalcons.com/southward-shined-during-his-pro-day/

http://draft.atlantafalcons.com/southward-brings-versatility-toughness-to-defensive-backs/

nfl.com calls Southward one of the Ten plug-and-play starters of day 2

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349145/article/ten-plugandplay-starters-from-day-2-of-the-nfl-draft

Edited by southgadawg

I think Huff was a reach but we traded back and picked up another two picks returning value which can be considered an equalizer. I like Huff but later and not over Jared Abbrederis. However I know Huff will make plays for us. He's a play maker and with our plethora of weapons, he will have a lot of opportunities to do so. Chip and company are making sure they are getting the guys "they" want while acquiring additional draft picks so it's not as bad as everyone may think.

Maclin, Cooper, Matthews, Ertz, Celek, Sproles, Huff, and Mccoy? That's a problematic offense and Foles has to be grinning from ear to ear right now. Hope the rest of the draft we focus on defense though. We do have the first pick in the 4th and 5th round which is awesome getting first dibs getting the player we want at the beginning of both rounds. I can dig it. Not mad at all.

Been gone for most the evening caught everything on my phone but man I understand Ealy is a first round talent but a DE? Passing Robinson & Moses? I am just scratching my head including when you got Hardy tagged this year. I wasn't as upset with the next pick with Turner since Guard was a need I thought Richardson, but I guess at some point we get a tackle and another WR or eventually a CB.

Getting Ealy says either Hardy gets signed or if they can't his replacement is here or what my guess is they get Hardy signed, then Johnson who is older gets traded next off-season. Ealy will serve as a replacement for Alexander while he serves his suspension and possibly replace him if they decide to part ways with him.

Hopes for tomorrow McGill, Richardson, Bruce Ellington, Martavis Bryant, Telvin Smith, Yankey, Flemming, Desir, Cockrell, Victor Hampton, Isaiah Thomas, Mike Davis

Hoping to get one maybe two out of this group probably won't after the 1st round my mock and guys went straight to hell.

It's all about the money @ panther. Like you've guessed, they view him as a replacement option for whichever DE they lose. I actually mocked Ealy to the Panthers at different times foreseeing this and I knew they liked him a lot.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Interesting day 2 for the Bucs. I thought for sure an OG would be drafted. Love the ASJ pick. Him, V-Jax and Evans are gonna cause nightmares for defenses. Sims is an intriguing player, but we are already so loaded at RB with Doug, Rainey, James and even Demps is starting to play now apparently. He's a great catcher from what I've read/heard and Tedford wants RB's who can do that for his offense, so I guess it kind of makes sense. I just think we should have addressed OG at some point today. Lovie and Licht must be pretty damn confident that Nicks is gonna come back.

Passing Robinson & Moses?

Hopes for tomorrow McGill, Richardson, Bruce Ellington, Martavis Bryant, Telvin Smith, Yankey, Flemming, Desir, Cockrell, Victor Hampton, Isaiah Thomas, Mike Davis

Hoping to get one maybe two out of this group probably won't after the 1st round my mock and guys went straight to hell.

We hold the first pick in the 4th and the 5th round. Sorry, Desir is ours :devious:

But yeah, I'm surprised you guys passed on Allen Robinson. He was one of my favorite WRs in the draft.

Sims is a decent prospect, but it seems like a luxury pick when we are not in position to be making those kinds of picks. I do like that we are trying to add offensive weapons though. Defenses will have a hard time trying to defend Jackson, Evans and Seferian-Jenkins.

None of the Packers picks have wowed me at all - in a good or bad way. They are going with positions of direct need, which is a little different than most years. Seems like the two third rounders were reaches, but I honestly don't care if those guys come in and produce.

You didn't seem to fond of Davante Adams before you picked him :smug: