Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Weekly Discussion Topic: May 25-31 (Ideal Outdoor Temperature)

Man, Fuck Ballsweat  

23 members have voted

1. 1. At what point is it hot outside (Fahrenheit)?

2. 2. Do you agree with the general consensus that between 75-90 is pleasant?

3. 3. Would you take frigid cold or blazing hot?

Nebraska hits both extremes and it's fucking awful. Our winters frequently get down to -20F. Our summers are disgustingly humid and love to sit around 100F.

The last three years we've had about a week or so of spring because it's all cold and dumping snow on us through the beginning of April and then gets into the 90's in May. Shit's retarded.

Having grown up in both extremes, I'd take the cold over the hot in an instant. To combat cold you just add layers. There's nothing to be done about unrelenting heat except sit inside with air conditioning.

I would prefer 60-70F at all times.

I have lived in Southern Georgia, Northern Georgia (and there is a huge difference), NW Kentucky and Pennsylvania. After around late April in South Georgia it seldom gets below 60 degrees even at night. That will continue until around early October. MIGHT get first freeze here somewhere as early as late October to late November. During the summer it many times is still 75-low 80's even at night. You get accustomed to it. North Georgia (Athens/Atlanta and on up) will generally see MUCH cooler temps at night even if it is almost as high in the day time. I recall several times where it was 80 something during the day and low 30's at night (and seemed with more wind too). Not sure if the elevation made as much difference with that either....But many places down here aren't very high above sea level (our small plane airport for the county is on a hill and it is only 255ft above sea level. It snows (and sticks) roughly only 1 time every TEN years here compared to it seemed at least 3 or 4 times each year when I lived in NGA.

I also remember well when I went swimming in a pool in Pennsylvania. I had asked if the water was warm before I got in and was told yeah it had been warm for a couple weeks. I got in and felt like I was freezing. I promptly got out and was told it was just over 60 degrees. LOL I was used to pools being around 80 degrees in July in SGA. HUGE difference.

I will admit when I was younger I could handle snow (I even remember being outside in shorts with temps in the high 30's and beginning to sunbathe to catch a tan when the temp was just over 50). But since I have lived back in SGA for the past 20+ years and my health has taken a turn for the worse the last few years I can't even breathe well in cold weather.

I see a lot of the southern folk are voting for things to rather be freezing than blazing...

All I can say is..I've lived in Atlanta, Virginia, Miami, Boston and now PA.

Trust me when I say you'd rather it be blazing than frigid...you don't even know the terrors.

uK6dODl.gif

I've lived in south Florida, northern Georgia, central Tennessee, north Texas, south California, north Oregon, and south New York. I've been in -20 degree weather, the wind chill making it worse. I've lived through cold winters in New York and Oregon. I've slept (or atleast tried to) in my car during a blizzard. I've been homeless during the winter and lost part of the feeling in both my big toes. Trust me when I say I know those terrors, and you don't know what I know.

• Upvote 2

I see a lot of the southern folk are voting for things to rather be freezing than blazing...

Trust me when I say you'd rather it be blazing than frigid...you don't even know the terrors.

Trust me boy. You have no idea what cold is.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-deep-freeze-as-cold-as-uninhabited-planet-1.2479967

Yeah, Boston and PA don't really know what frigid is lol.

ATL, you've just moved from an unbearably hot and humid climate to one that actually has a winter. That's all. You'll adjust to it if you stay there.

Unless you are really into snowboarding or skiing, I also can't see how you could prefer cold over warm.

Fact is, there's so much more to do outside when it's warm.

Unless you are really into snowboarding or skiing, I also can't see how you could prefer cold over warm.

Fact is, there's so much more to do outside when it's warm.

Real men do what they want to outside regardless of how cold it is. serge pls

I love being outside, but what incentive is there for me to ride my bike somewhere when it's 80+ out? You end up fucking drenched five minutes into the ride and you smell like shit by time you get to your destination.

The only time I'm outside in the summer is to play sports or swim. I normally love taking walks and riding bikes and shit, but none of that is even remotely enjoyable above 75F.

• Upvote 1

I love a good swim in the summer when it's in the 80s or above. Nothing is more refreshing to me.

The only time I'm outside in the summer is to play sports or swim. I normally love taking walks and riding bikes and shit, but none of that is even remotely enjoyable above 75F.

The kids have been outside any chance they have had this week (first week of summer vacation for them). Often they are playing baseball in the middle of the day and haven't complained about the heat at all. They have also picked blueberries, blackberries and wild plums as well as riding their bikes and fishing. When I was young we'd play outside all day long in the summer. Never really gave it a thought as being hot and certainly didn't let it stop us from anything we were wanting to do.

Another thing that sucks about blazing weather is the drastic change in temperature when you go inside. It almost immediately puts you to sleep.

And that's a bad thing? I love how the AC feels when you come inside from a hot day. So relaxing.

Another thing that sucks about blazing weather is the drastic change in temperature when you go inside. It almost immediately puts you to sleep.

So my question to you is what temperature is your thermostat set on? Here at the house it is generally set at 72 in the summer for the A/C and 68 in the winter for the heater. My mom keeps her's set at 76 in the summer and 70 in the winter.

Enough of the pissing match about who can endure worse weather. We're on the internet so I don't believe any of you anyway. :nope:

Women wear less clothes when it's hotter out so I go with that choice.

Clutch point.

If it's colder than 65, I am not a happy person.

Bring the heat.

• Upvote 2

What part of Boston/Massachusetts did you live in?

My ideal temp is about 80-85, love going to the beach when I can and hanging outside.

• Upvote 1

The sun gave me cancer, therefore, fuck the sun. /thread

• Upvote 1

We hit -30 earlier this year and it was the only time I've ever wanted heat. Cold is a lot better than heat. It's refreshing. Heat is just tiring.

In terms of perfect temperature I'd say between 65-77. After 77 it starts to heat up too much but that in between area just utter bliss. You can go outside without sweating a lot. But it's also not jacket weather.

What part of Boston/Massachusetts did you live in?

My ideal temp is about 80-85, love going to the beach when I can and hanging outside.

I lived in Hyannis Mass for 4 years when I was younger.

I just tell people Boston because it makes things simplified.

Notice how all the cool kids picked blazing.

/thread