7. Tony Romo

8. Eli Manning

9. Matt Ryan

10. Russell Wilson

Flame away!

e41690ea30a5ff024cf8229c747aa4e1.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've had a change of heart with my list...

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Peyton Manning

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Eli Manning

7. Matt Ryan

8. Joe Flacco

9. Tony Romo

10.Cam Newton

Top 4 discussion

1. Brady was my #1 in the past but Rodgers took that mantle. Really shouldn't have to explain why Aaron Rodgers is #1 but, I like to.. He can do everything that Brees, Brady & P.Manning can do (besides being conductor on the field like Manning) but what separates Rodgers is the fact that he's mobile and can throw on the run. Rodgers throws the most accurate beautiful tight spiral on the run. Also, Brady is a different player under pressure (all QBs are to some degree). Brady plays behind a fortress and rarely gets touched compared to the rest of these QBs but when he's getting pressured, he doesn't perform as well like an Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers was the most sacked QB in the league last year and look his production. #Boss

5. Big Ben... The over looked and underrated Big Ben. The #61 rated player in the league lol :facepalm: No he's not strictly a pocket passer and no he hasn't had flashy numbers (stats) like some of the other elite QBs. The unquantifiable stat that isn't tracked for QBs is the clutch factor; can you depend on your QB to step up in those clutch moments. Big Ben has shown that throughout his career and that is a very over looked and VERY impotant component of the QB position. It doesn't get more clutch then that final drive in superbowl 43.

10. Easily my most controversial pick. When I looked at all the candidates that could occupy that #10 spot; Matt Schaub? Matt Stafford(megatron)? Jay Cutler? A Rookie; Luck, Wilson, Rg3? Yeah Cam has only been in the league two years but he has shown a lot; ability wise. His rookie year was awesome. For some reason though people tend to believe that Cam had a down year this past season. Cam threw for 3,800 (4,000 last year) yards, 57% completion (60% last year) , 19 passing TDs (21 last year) and 12 interceptions (17 last year). He also had 741 yeards rushing and 8 rushing TDs. Cam also led his team in rushing yards AND rushing TDs. Cam had to DO it all. That's alot to ask from your QB. His season wasn't too far off Rg3's season. They both tied for 27 total TDs. Cam threw for almost 700 more yards but had 5 more interceptions (Cam had about 100 more attempts than Rg3 as well). Wilson had 3 more total TDs, 700 less passing yards, and 2 less interceptions (with about 100 attempts less then Cam as well). Cam was his teams running back and didn't have a 1600 or 1500 yard rusher with a top rated defense. With Carolina's horrible play calling and the team still going 7-9 with Cam being the sole focal point of the offense, I think I can make an argument that Cam ability wise is a top 10 QB.

Edited by Boozeking25
  • Upvote 1

A few words of warning. 1) I don't put stock in SB rings. I think they're indicators of how good a team is/was, but not necessarily any one player on that team. I consider Dan Marino the best at the position of all time, and he never even got one. 2) I am not as bullish as some on the 2nd year guys. I think what Luck, Wilson, and Griffin did was amazing- for rookies. I expect that they'll continue to progress, but I wouldn't predict that they'll fully mature into true All-Pro caliber players until 2014. 3) I am not impressed with all the pistol, zone read crap. I don't think it's sustainable so I'm not going to be super high on guys like Kaepernick or Griffin until they start winning with their arm from the pocket.

1. Aaron Rodgers :Packers: Strong arm, accurate, mobile, reads the field, and does it all with poor protection and no running game.

2. Peyton Manning :Broncos: I was shocked at how good he still is.

3. Tom Brady :Patriots: So accurate, so smart with the football, so capable in reading defenses.

4. Drew Brees :Saints: His 2012 was impressive considering he was missing Payton. He'll be on the war path in 2013.

5. Matt Ryan :Falcons: Ryan just keeps getting better. He throws with good touch to all levels and is an underrated athlete.

6. Cam Newton :panthers: Ended the season on a tear, which makes me think we'll see that big "3rd season arrival" that tends to happen. Looks to be a rich man's Roethlisberger.

7. Philip Rivers :Chargers: You can call me a homer, because it's true here. But I see no reason why, with a better supporting cast and less insane offensive scheme, Rivers can't return to 2010 form when he was in the MVP conversation.

8. Tony Romo :Cowboys: Everyone loves to hate him, but that Cowboys team around him has been overrated and he's still done a lot of things very well.

9. Ben Roethlisberger :Steelers: The arguments in this thread have been compelling and I'm adding Big Ben. It was a mistake to rank the youngsters ahead of him.

10. Andrew Luck :Colts: 2013 should see better protection and a downtick in INT's. In another year's time, he'll be moving up this list.

Edited by KempBolt

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Matt Ryan

7. Eli Manning

8. Tony Romo

9. Matthew Stafford

10. Matt Schaub

A few words of warning. 1) I don't put stock in SB rings. I think they're indicators of how good a team is/was, but not necessarily any one player on that team. I consider Dan Marino the best at the position of all time, and he never even got one. 2) I am not as bullish as some on the 2nd year guys. I think what Luck, Wilson, and Griffin did was amazing- for rookies. I expect that they'll continue to progress, but I wouldn't predict that they'll fully mature into true All-Pro caliber players until 2014. 3) I am not impressed with all the pistol, zone read crap. I don't think it's sustainable so I'm not going to be super high on guys like Kaepernick or Griffin until they start winning with their arm from the pocket.

1. Aaron Rodgers :Packers: Strong arm, accurate, mobile, reads the field, and does it all with poor protection and no running game.

2. Tom Brady :Patriots: So accurate, so smart with the football, so capable in reading defenses.

3. Peyton Manning :Broncos: I was shocked at how good he still is.

4. rew Brees :Saints: His 2012 was impressive considering he was missing Payton. He'll be on the war path in 2013.

5. Matt Ryan :Falcons: Ryan just keeps getting better. He throws with good touch to all levels and is an underrated athlete.

6. Cam Newton :panthers: Ended the season on a tear, which makes me think we'll see that big "3rd season arrival" that tends to happen. Looks to be a rich man's Roethlisberger.

7. Philip Rivers :Chargers: You can call me a homer, because it's true here. But I see no reason why, with a better supporting cast and less insane offensive scheme, Rivers can't return to 2010 form when he was in the MVP conversation.

8. Tony Romo :Cowboys: Everyone loves to hate him, but that Cowboys team around him has been overrated and he's still done a lot of things very well.

9. Andrew Luck :Colts: 2013 should see better protection and a downtick in INT's. In another year's time, he'll be moving up this list.

10. Russell Wilson :Seahawks: Looking for him to build on his run down the stretch and put together a full season of good play.

Ben Roethlisberger isn't a top 10 QB?

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Drew Brees

3. Tom Brady

4. Peyton Manning

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Eli Manning

7. Robert Griffin III

8. Matt Ryan

9. Matt Stafford

10. Russel Wilson

Ben Roethlisberger isn't a top 10 QB?

I don't project that he will be one of the ten best this season. Though it wouldn't be a big surprise if he outperformed one of my bottom five. The gaps btw players after #5 are pretty small in my eyes.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Matt Ryan

7. Eli Manning

8. Tony Romo

9. Matthew Stafford

10. Matt Schaub

Please explain Aaron Rodgers being no. 4 on your list.

Mine:

1. Brady(3 Rings)

2. BigBen(2 rings)

3. Eli (2 rings)

4. Rodgers(1 ring)

5. Peyton (1 ring)

6. Brees (1 ring)

7. Flacco (1 ring)

If you ain't got a RING..you don't belong on this list! You want to get on this list? WIN A GOD DAMNED SUPERBOWL.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

Mine:

1. Brady(3 Rings)

2. BigBen(2 rings)

3. Eli (2 rings)

4. Rodgers(1 ring)

5. Peyton (1 ring)

6. Brees (1 ring)

7. Flacco (1 ring)

If you ain't got a RING..you don't belong on this list! You want to get on this list? WIN A GOD DAMNED SUPERBOWL.

SsmXCu0.jpg

• Upvote 1

Dan Marino does not have a SB ring either. Must mean Terry Bradshaw was better.

Dan Marino does not have a SB ring either. Must mean Terry Bradshaw was better.

Jesus people. Tell which team is either Dan Marino or Terry Bradshaw playing for RIGHT NOW? Did I miss something? Did they both come out of retirement? God..some reading comprehension skills PLEASE!

• Downvote 8

Jesus people. Tell which team is either Dan Marino or Terry Bradshaw playing for RIGHT NOW? Did I miss something? Did they both come out of retirement? God..some reading comprehension skills PLEASE!

So your method for ranking today's QBs is completely different than your method for ranking QBs all time?

So Dannell Ellerbe is better than Patrick Willis? Interesting...

Haha this one made me laugh quite a bit. Thank you for this.

It always cracks me up that football is called the ultimate team sport yet then they judge quarterbacks by Superbowl rings. I understand a quarterback has the most influence on a game but still you can't call it the ultimate team sport then judge a single player by how many Superbowls he has won.

Edited by Stewy
  • Upvote 2

Mine:

1. Brady(3 Rings)

2. BigBen(2 rings)

3. Eli (2 rings)

4. Rodgers(1 ring)

5. Peyton (1 ring)

6. Brees (1 ring)

7. Flacco (1 ring)

So...let's talk about Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson winning Super Bowls...

• Upvote 1

Mine:

1. Brady(3 Rings)

2. BigBen(2 rings)

3. Eli (2 rings)

4. Rodgers(1 ring)

5. Peyton (1 ring)

6. Brees (1 ring)

7. Flacco (1 ring)

rQr6J.gif

Mine:

1. Brady(3 Rings)

2. BigBen(2 rings)

3. Eli (2 rings)

4. Rodgers(1 ring)

5. Peyton (1 ring)

6. Brees (1 ring)

7. Flacco (1 ring)

9hi5xl.jpg

The ring argument is old. You can however base it off of how they perform in big games but take the rest of the teams performance into consideration as well.

Edited by dutchff7

The ring argument is old. You can however base it off of how they perform in big games but take the rest of the teams performance into consideration as well.

+1. I'm out of positive rep for the day, but I'll get you tomorrow.

I'm so sick of people judging QB's off Superbowl rings, and even wins for that matter, like it means everything. Yes, they do factor in when I am ranking QB's, but people need to realize that football is a TEAM sport and wins/losses don't fall solely in the hands of the QB. Are people seriously gonna blame Aaron Rodgers for not taking the Packers to the Superbowl in 2009 because they lost to the Cardinals in OT, 51-45? Come on now.

Peyton Manning

Aaron Rodgers

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Russell Wilson

Matt Ryan

Cam Newton

RG3 (When Fit!!)

Andrew Luck

Matthew Stafford

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Peyton Manning

3. Drew Brees

4. Tom Brady

5. Matt Ryan

6. Big Ben

7. Romo

8. Rivers

9. Eli

10. Flacco

Honestly, 5-10 is interchangeable in my eyes. I can't for the life of me see why anyone would pick Stafford or Schuab over the likes of Romo or Rivers.

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Peyton Manning

3. Drew Brees

4. Tom Brady

5. Matt Ryan

6. Big Ben

7. Romo

8. Rivers

9. Eli

10. Flacco

Honestly, 5-10 is interchangeable in my eyes. I can't for the life of me see why anyone would pick Stafford or Schuab over the likes of Romo or Rivers.

I agree about Shaub but Stafford is young ad has shown that he has the potential to win consistently. Romo is inconsistent (I can't get over the INTs he threw against the Redskins) and Rivers has failed to make he jump to elite status (and I now fear it's too late).

I can't blame anyone for leaving Rivers out of their top 10 after the past two years. He needs to earn his way back onto the list with better play in 2013, and hopefully he can with more help and a better scheme. But I do know it isn't too late. Rivers is still plenty young for a QB.