AllYouNeedIsLovie

Division Winners

I don't see how the Chiefs are as good as anyone in the division any more after going backwards this offseason.

• Upvote 1

I don't see how the Chiefs are as good as anyone in the division any more after going backwards this offseason.

Well, I don't see how they went backwards this offseason, and we don't see eye to eye. (surprise of surprises. lol)

Well, I don't see how they went backwards this offseason, and we don't see eye to eye. (surprise of surprises. lol)

You don't? After losing Albert, Schwartz, and Asamoah?

I'm genuinely not trolling. Just seems like they lost quite a bit more than what they added.

You don't? After losing Albert, Schwartz, and Asamoah?

I'm genuinely not trolling. Just seems like they lost quite a bit more than what they added.

If you can really call them all "losses," then sure you're right. Albert should have been in your all-overrated thread though, and toward the end of the season I started to get the opinion that Fisher just might be ready to move over to LT after the season. Asamoah kinda sucks, but let's be honest: I have never been impressed with the level of play from that group. They weren't exactly at the top of their field. I'm glad that they didn't find a way to overpay average-below average players.

Losing McCluster wasn't really ALL that big of a loss either. Up until last season, he'd done absolutely nothing. Last season, he did just a little bit more than nothing. He was nice in the return game, but I'm sure Andy can find someone else to catch kicks and go fast. I wasn't broken up about one player that won't be there this season.

If you can really call them all "losses," then sure you're right. Albert should have been in your all-overrated thread though, and toward the end of the season I started to get the opinion that Fisher just might be ready to move over to LT after the season. Asamoah kinda sucks, but let's be honest: I have never been impressed with the level of play from that group. They weren't exactly at the top of their field. I'm glad that they didn't find a way to overpay average-below average players.

Losing McCluster wasn't really ALL that big of a loss either. Up until last season, he'd done absolutely nothing. Last season, he did just a little bit more than nothing. He was nice in the return game, but I'm sure Andy can find someone else to catch kicks and go fast. I wasn't broken up about one player that won't be there this season.

Whether your opinions of Albert, Asamoah, Schwartz, Flowers, Jackson, and McCluster fall on the higher or lower ends of the spectrum, it sti seems to me that a lot of experience is gone and is getting replaced by inexperience or worse.

Albert is no elite left tackle, but he was a good left tackle. Fisher is an unknown at best after that rookie year.

Asamoah may have backslid in 2013, but Schwartz was studly. Now you have Linkenbach, which is an obvious downgrade.

McCluster was no world beater, but it's hard to imagine that DAT is as good or better right away.

Flowers may have been a bad fit for the defense, but rookie/inexperienced corners outside the first round almost always struggle mightily.

In general it's hard to see where the Chiefs may have gotten better, and easy to pick out several places where they potentially got worse.

Whether your opinions of Albert, Asamoah, Schwartz, Flowers, Jackson, and McCluster fall on the higher or lower ends of the spectrum, it sti seems to me that a lot of experience is gone and is getting replaced by inexperience or worse.

Albert is no elite left tackle, but he was a good left tackle. Fisher is an unknown at best after that rookie year.

Asamoah may have backslid in 2013, but Schwartz was studly. Now you have Linkenbach, which is an obvious downgrade.

McCluster was no world beater, but it's hard to imagine that DAT is as good or better right away.

Flowers may have been a bad fit for the defense, but rookie/inexperienced corners outside the first round almost always struggle mightily.

In general it's hard to see where the Chiefs may have gotten better, and easy to pick out several places where they potentially got worse.

Even if they haven't gotten better, they were good last year. Potentially getting worse isn't the same as getting worse, so that really doesn't bother me either. The positions where they lost players they were already bad at. They lost liabilities, and in return got liabilities. I don't see how that makes them worse.

If Flowers was, as everyone is saying, "just a bad fit for the scheme," then losing him for a guy who might struggle is a potential upgrade while we're on the subject of potential.

Albert got hurt in seemingly every other game last year, and when he was out there he looked uninspired at best. He didn't want to be there, and it showed in his play.

Basically, what I'm getting at is that if they potentially didn't get any worse, and they were already good, then how is it so hard to imagine them being good again this year? They were one blown lead against the Broncos from probably winning that division outright in 2013. I don't see why they can't do it in 2014.

Even if they haven't gotten better, they were good last year. Potentially getting worse isn't the same as getting worse, so that really doesn't bother me either. The positions where they lost players they were already bad at. They lost liabilities, and in return got liabilities. I don't see how that makes them worse.

If Flowers was, as everyone is saying, "just a bad fit for the scheme," then losing him for a guy who might struggle is a potential upgrade while we're on the subject of potential.

Albert got hurt in seemingly every other game last year, and when he was out there he looked uninspired at best. He didn't want to be there, and it showed in his play.

Basically, what I'm getting at is that if they potentially didn't get any worse, and they were already good, then how is it so hard to imagine them being good again this year? They were one blown lead against the Broncos from probably winning that division outright in 2013. I don't see why they can't do it in 2014.

Well, the rest of the division pretty obviously got better. So if the Chiefs stuck at status quo after a season in which they got swept by Denver and San Diego (also, all other PO teams they played), and then the latter two improved while KC tread water, then that gets back to my point that I don't know that they're keeping pace. And I think it's a stretch to argue that they even did that much. You have to bank on a lot of unknowns just to make the case that they'll be as good as they were in 2013. Fisher, Stephenson, Linkenbach, Thomas, Owens, Gaines, Cooper, etc.

Y'all really think Houston has a chance at the AFC South with those QBs and a WR who doesn't want to play for them?

I dunno man...

Not me. And TBH, I have a bad guy feeling about Crennell and that personnel.

Y'all really think Houston has a chance at the AFC South with those QBs and a WR who doesn't want to play for them?

I dunno man...

In that division? In that Conference? Yes, I think their defense could make a big leap this year. I think their offense will be good enough.

I dunno man...

Oh, for sure. Logic leads me to believe that there's a high probability last year was a fluke. They've been one of the best defensive teams for years, and the two years prior to last the whole team was on fire for long stretches. The QB's make it a crap shoot, but if Andre suits up a Texan, then I don't think his play will suffer from lack of motivation.

I'd be a fool to ignore the QB situation though. It's definitely a trouble spot, to say the least.

If Ryan Fitzpatrick would stay calm and not trying to make 60 yards on every play, he can be a decent QB..the first Indianapolis game last year and the Oakland game show that(not that he's going to be THAT efficient every time, but I'm talking can at least manage the game well). Problem is he doesn't seem to be able to consistently tone it down and will have half a season or more worth of games where he just goes stupid and loses it for his team.

:NFC:

East: :Redskins:- RG3 returns to form, somewhat, enough for the 'Skins to win the NFC's worst division with a 9-7/10-6 mark.

North: :Packers:- Just still don't see Chicago taking them down and I don't have enough faith in the Lions, (though I do think Detroit will finish 2nd in the division), to see them overtaking GB.

South: :Saints:- The Saints may be the best team in the NFC, tbh. Scary good on all sides of the ball.

West: :Seahawks:- Colin Kaepernick is not going to be able to beat Seattle in Seattle. It will take that for the Niners to win the division.

:AFC:

East: :Patriots:- Yawn. Honestly think the soft division is really hurting the Pats come January though.

West: :Broncos:- Sorry. This division is Peyton's until he retires, unless he gets hurt.

South: :Colts:- Yawn #3. Not going out on many limbs here. The Colts have the best QB of the group and there are simply no challengers atm. Next year, look out for the Jaguars if Bortles is actually allowed to develop.

North: :Bengals:- And a complete repeat of division winners it is. Cincy is the best team in this division, their biggest weak spot is at the QB position, but its not enough for them to lose the division.

Playoffs

#6 :Lions: vs #3 :Packers:
#5 :49ers: vs #4 :Redskins:

#5 :49ers: vs #1 :Saints:

#3 :Packers: vs #2 :Seahawks:

#3 :Packers: vs #1 :Saints:

#6 :Jets: vs #3 :Colts:

#5 :Steelers: vs #4 :Bengals:

#6 :Jets: vs #1 :Broncos:

#5: :Steelers: vs #2 :Patriots:

#6: :Jets: vs #5 :Steelers:

Super Bowl XLIX

#3 :Packers: vs #6 :Jets:

Winner: :Packers:

Edited by Thanatos19

East: :Redskins:- RG3 returns to form, somewhat, enough for the 'Skins to win the NFC's worst division with a 9-7/10-6 mark.

North: :Packers:- Just still don't see Chicago taking them down and I don't have enough faith in the Lions, (though I do think Detroit will finish 2nd in the division), to see them overtaking GB.

South: :Saints:- The Saints may be the best team in the NFC, tbh. Scary good on all sides of the ball.

West: :Seahawks:- Colin Kaepernick is not going to be able to beat Seattle in Seattle. It will take that for the Niners to win the division.

East: :Patriots:- Yawn. Honestly think the soft division is really hurting the Pats come January though.

West: :Broncos:- Sorry. This division is Peyton's until he retires, unless he gets hurt.

South: :Colts:- Yawn #3. Not going out on many limbs here. The Colts have the best QB of the group and there are simply no challengers atm. Next year, look out for the Jaguars if Bortles is actually allowed to develop.

North: :Bengals:- And a complete repeat of division winners it is. Cincy is the best team in this division, their biggest weak spot is at the QB position, but its not enough for them to lose the division.

Playoffs

#6 :Lions: vs #3 :Packers:

#5 :49ers: vs #4 :Redskins:

#5 :49ers: vs #1 :Saints:

#3 :Packers: vs #2 :Seahawks:

#3 :Packers: vs #1 :Saints:

#6 :Jets: vs #3 :Colts:

#5 :Steelers: vs #4 :Bengals:

#6 :Jets: vs #1 :Broncos:

#5: :Steelers: vs #2 :Patriots:

#6: :Jets: vs #5 :Steelers:

Super Bowl XLIX

#3 :Packers: vs #6 :Jets:

Winner: :Packers:

Why are you so high on the Jets...

Why are you quoting obnoxiously long posts...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Gut.

Gut.

Vick?

AFC East - :Patriots: The Patriots are still on top of the AFC East throne. No matter what their Achilles heel seems to be, the one factor you can always count on is that they have Tom Brady (unless of course he gets his knee torn out from under him, I digress). Even if we end up seeing yet another season of Gronk being on the side lines, Brady now has had a full year with his receivers. The Patriots looked terrible at times last year, yet they still won the division.

AFC North - :Bengals: Got to go with the Bengals here. It was a tough call between them and the Steelers for me. The Bengals just look so good, possibly better than last season. I love the addition of LSU back Jeremy Hill as their goal-line/#2 guy behind Gio Bernard. They've got a great group of receivers who have had a season to mature with Andy Dalton. If Dalton can fix some of his inconsistencies in his game, the offense should roll. The defense will be stout as ever, I don't even think that side of the ball needs explaining. I think the Bengals win the division easily this coming season.

AFC South - :Colts: This is as easy as just not seeing anyone else that can challenge the Colts right now. I understand the Colts have a lot of holes, but every team in the division does. The Texans should be good, but it looks like Fitzpatrick will be their starter, I'm not really swooning over the Texans offense, not even to the point of believing their defense will carry them. The Titans seem to be stuck in no-mans land. Drifting with a team thats middle of the road, new coaches with the same old problems. The Jags, lol.

AFC West - :Chargers: This is probably a little bold, as I know about 90% of people have this going to the Broncos. Others have it going to the Chiefs, but I like what they've got going in San Diego right now. After a terrible season, Phillip Rivers looked great last year, like his old self again. The emergence of Keenan Allen is huge to the success of the Chargers' offense and Phillip Rivers is going to get him the ball as he only continues to get better. They aren't anything flashy, but the Chargers have the ability to challenge the Chiefs and the Broncos this coming season. I think Rivers is going to put on one hell of a show this season.

NFC East - :Cowboys: What a crap shoot the NFC East is every year. Let's assume at this point that two things happen - 1. Tony Romo is 100% heading into the season opener and 2. DeMarco Murray can stay healthy. When Murray rushes the football 20 times or more, the Cowboys are 11-0. Feed him the football. I think the Cowboys get that message and they start running the ball more. Despite the issues they may have on defense, I think that their offense can easily get them to the top of the division by year end.

NFC North - :Packers: Tough to go against the team with the best quarterback in the league (Yeah, better than Peyton). You can always count on the packers passing game to be stupid good. Now with Lacy entering his second season, I think we can expect to see him to get even more carries.

NFC South - :Falcons: Perhaps I'm a bit biased here, I mean with all the things New Orleans has done this off-season. But I can't help and see what the Falcons have added. They beefed up the offensive line bringing in a pro-bowl caliber RG, and spent a high draft pick on what some consider a sure fire lock to be great in Jake Matthews. Then you add the fact that Matt Ryan is going to get a healthy Roddy White and Julio Jones. They'll be right back to doing what they had been for years, winning games. Their defensive front should be better than years past with the additions of some big bodies to plug up holes. It's going to be a shoot-out between the Saints and the Falcons. I'll take my beloved Falcons on this one.

NFC West - :Cardinals: Why not? I'm not a believer that Seattle is going to perform well this coming season. There are a lot of young guys who just got paid, couple that in with the dreaded "Super Bowl Hang Over" and I smell trouble. San Francisco should be just as good as they were last year. I wanted to go out on a limb here though and take the Cardinals. While Palmer wasn't anything special, he was a huge upgrade at QB to what they had in previous years. If Andre Ellington is as good with a full work load as he was with a shared load, the league is in trouble. He's got the home run ability of Jamaal Charles. Skeptical that he can stay healthy with such a small frame though. The Cardinals defense is just as good as SF and Seattle I believe, I think everyone will be turned believers at the mid-way point. Even with miscues between Palmer and their receivers last season, they still managed to hang in there with the 49ers and the Seahawks. Larry Fitzgerald, hang on, you're going to get back to the playoffs.

Division Winners

East: :Eagles: 10-6

North: :Packers: 13-3

South: :Saints: 12-4

West: :Cardinals: (11-5)

East: :Patriots: (13-3)

North: :Bengals: (11-5)

South: :Colts: (11-5)

West: :Broncos: (11-5)

Wild Cards

NFC:

:Falcons:11-5

:Seahawks: 10-6

AFC:

:Steelers: 10-6

:Chargers:10-6

Edited by Dutch

If Ryan Fitzpatrick would stay calm and not trying to make 60 yards on every play, he can be a decent QB..the first Indianapolis game last year and the Oakland game show that(not that he's going to be THAT efficient every time, but I'm talking can at least manage the game well). Problem is he doesn't seem to be able to consistently tone it down and will have half a season or more worth of games where he just goes stupid and loses it for his team.

Sounds like he's got a bad case of Rosenfels syndrome.

Anyways here's my awesome picks...

AFC North: :Browns:

AFC South: :Texans:

AFC East: :Jets:

AFC West: :Raiders:

NFC North: :Vikings:

NFC South: :Bucs:

NFC East: :Cowboys:

NFC West: :Rams:

:bookit::laugh:

NFC:

North: :Bears:

South: :Saints:

East: :Giants:

West: :Seahawks:

Wildcards: Packers, 49ers

Just Miss Outs: Eagles, Vikings, Panthers, Cards

AFC:

North: :Steelers:

South: :Texans:

East: :Patriots:

West: :Broncos:

Wildcards: Ravens, Chargers

Just Miss Outs: Jets, Bengals

AFC South---Texans---10-6

AFC South: :Texans:

South: :Texans:

Razor and I got crap for picking the Titans to win the AFC South, we've now had three people pick Houston

Everyone, please also give Sean, Fartwaffles, and BWare some of the crap you gave Raz and Oochy.

Razor and I got crap for picking the Titans to win the AFC South, we've now had three people pick Houston

Fart was joking(noted by the rest of his picks), BWare and Sean are just mentally handicapped.

We expect better from you and Razor :p

• Upvote 2