• Ben Roethlisberger, Le'Veon Bell, Antonio Brown
    • Tony Romo, Demarco Murray, Dez Bryant
    • Andy Dalton, Giovanni Bernard, A.J Green
    • Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy, Jordy Nelson
    • Jay Cutler, Matte Forte, Brandon Marshall
    • Nick Foles, LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin
    • Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin
    • Colin Kaepernick, Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree

Bell is on his way, but he's gotta sustain it a bit longer before I'll put him on par with Beast Mode, I'd imagine that most people who would take Bell over Lynch are projecting productive years remaining for a 22 year old back vs a 28 year older back

• Upvote 1

The Foles Effect :troll:

Indeed. That's exactly why I never put Foles on pedestal next to anyone else and anoint him great after 10 games lol.

I think it's the Steelers pretty easily. Brown and Bell are top 3 at their positions and Big Ben is top 5, IMO.

LMAO @ whoever said the Seahawks over the Steelers.

It's not just about production. It's about talent. And clearly, at least in my mind, Bell is on the same level of talent as Lynch. Lynch is a better pure runner, but again, he can't even touch Bell in the passing game. That has to count for a lot. Bell reminds me an awful lot of Matt Forte to be honest.

It takes a lot of talent to carry an offense for 3 years and put up the elite production that Lynch has. He's been a straight work horse. The thing is though, talent doesn't always equal production though. Neither does it equate sustained success which is the main important factor in claiming anyone is a good/great player. I love Bell's potential and he is the most entertaining RB in the league right now and can become a top back in this league in my opinion. Just can't put him next to guys just 4 games in. I do love the kids play style in the running and passing game though.

Edited by Dutch
  • Upvote 1

I like Harvin a lot and while Brown might be better, it's a lot closer than you think. Wilson is also a star player and I don't think there's a significant difference between him and Roethlisberger. Lynch is a lot better than Bell and it's not close IMO.

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry, but if we can't put Bell with Lynch due to Bell's inexperience, then Harvin belongs nowhere near Brown. Brown had a monster year last year and is off to an even better start this year. Sorry but Brown is in another league compared to Harvin at this point. Even if I would concede Lynch is considerably better than Bell, it doesn't make up the gaps.

Pittsburgh is just a better trio than Seattle.

A healthy Harvin is close to Brown, but how often have we seen a healthy Harvin?

BC voting for Seattle is so ridiculous, yet typical of someone like him.

I deleted my vote and checked the Steelers box for ya, but like others have said it's not that far-fetched. The Koolaid in me saw the potential of Percy as an athlete when I voted Seattle. We don't really need to rely on him like other teams rely on their #1 receiver (Antonio sees nearly half of Ben's targets), as we mainly get it to him mainly behind the LOS and on slants/out routes and watch him work his YAC magic. Against the Broncos we had 11 different players haul in receptions so Percy probably won't ever surpass 700 totals yards in Seattle, lowering his relevancy as a #1 receiver.

Lynch continues to carry a high volume of touches, create gains out of lost plays, is on pace for his highest receiving totals in his career, and hasn't missed a game in 3 years. He is invaluable. I think there's a really good chance he sees another 1-2 year deal from us. He's a top 3 RB.

Russell has never had a performance where anyone has looked at him and said, this loss is clearly on Wilson. His ability to salvage a broken play makes him a top-7 toughest matchup, defensively. If you don't get a good pass rush, he beats you from the pocket. If you get a pass rush, he finds a lane and either delivers it accurately on the move or takes off, gets to the first down marker, and gets out of bounds. He hasn't needed to carry a bad team before, but he has proven that he can take middling WR talents and consistently post a 101-103 QBR. He's on just as strong of an upward performance curve, if not better, than Ben Roethlisberger was at that stage of his career.

The Steelers get my vote though. Ben can still make every single throw while fighting off pass rushes, Antonio Brown has a legitimate chance to set a new record for receiving TDs this year, and Leveon Bell looks to be well on his way to elite RB status. These three look like they can carry a mostly shitty otherwise Steeler roster to at least the doorstep of the playoffs, and that is why.

Bell is coming into his own now. Not only is he running the ball well, he is also a legitimate threat in the passing game. And Lynch is not.

I know it may be hard to believe, but Bell became one of the top backs in the league overnight.

Lynch is usually around 8th in receiving stats for RBs, though Le'veon looks like he's approaching a poor man's Matt Forte type status.

Edited by BC
  • Upvote 1

And while we are on the topic... Ben & Brown might be far superior to Wilson and Harvin but are they far superior to Rodgers and Nelson? Not sur eI can say that. Bell has definitely been far superior to Lacy though.

Yea, I wouldn't take Seattle over Green Bay or Dallas in this thread either.

And while we are on the topic... Ben & Brown might be far superior to Wilson and Harvin but are they far superior to Rodgers and Nelson? Not sur eI can say that. Bell has definitely been far superior to Lacy though.

Rodgers has looked rather off except for one game this season. This past effort against the Vikes was average at best, he's not putting up the elite numbers that we are used to seeing.

And you may leave this thread if you are about to say Nelson is superior to Antonio Brown.

Seattle isn't a trio its a duo. Harvin hasn't shown anything as a offensive player there.

Rodgers has looked rather off except for one game this season. This past effort against the Vikes was average at best, he's not putting up the elite numbers that we are used to seeing.

And you may leave this thread if you are about to say Nelson is superior to Antonio Brown.

Says the guy who doesn't think he is even a Top 10 WR when he is consistently one of the best.. better than Julio, that's for damn sure.

Also, I agree Aaron has been 'off", but do you realize what that means when he is at 67% completion, 8 YPA, a 12:1 TD:INT ratio and a 114 passer rating? THAT is "off" for him. I mena, come the fuck on.

Edited by Favre4Ever

better than Julio, that's for damn sure.

You're joking, right?

You're joking, right?

No. Jordy has an unusually "low" catch % this year so far, but other than that, I don't think Julio has much over him. Athletically, he makes some of the most insane catches in the league. He is a better deep threat. Does more with the ball after he catches it... Makes defenders miss at a much higher rate. He runs some of the smartest, cleanest, and crispest routes in the entire league....

I mean all around, Julio really doesn't have much in terms of pluses over Nelson.

EDIT: And before someone makes some absurd assumption, I am not saying Julio is bad or even average. He's a very very good player and WR. One of the best... Doesn't change the fact (or my opinion if you would rather) that Jordy is a better, smoother, and more well rounded WR.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I'll be one of the first to laugh at F4E's retarded assertions, but putting Jordy over Julio isn't too far out there, IMO. :nope:

• Upvote 1

I don't know if I'd say Jordy > Julio, but Jordy doesn't get enough love on the site, IMO.

I'll be one of the first to laugh at F4E's retarded assertions, but putting Jordy over Julio isn't too far out there, IMO. :nope:

At least it's far more debatable rather than Josh McCown being a top 10 QB.

No. Jordy has an unusually "low" catch % this year so far, but other than that, I don't think Julio has much over him. Athletically, he makes some of the most insane catches in the league. He is a better deep threat. Does more with the ball after he catches it... Makes defenders miss at a much higher rate. He runs some of the smartest, cleanest, and crispest routes in the entire league....

I mean all around, Julio really doesn't have much in terms of pluses over Nelson.

EDIT: And before someone makes some absurd assumption, I am not saying Julio is bad or even average. He's a very very good player and WR. One of the best... Doesn't change the fact (or my opinion if you would rather) that Jordy is a better, smoother, and more well rounded WR.

Jordy definitely is a top WR in this league without a doubt but I don't think it's as simply put as your post suggest. I don't see how Jordy is the better deep threat. Julio Jones is leading the league in YaTC (Yards at the catch) with 424 yards which means he is consistently beating guys for big gains down the field. Not only that, Julio is leading the league in splash plays 20+ yards in big plays. Julio is much more explosive. Jordy doesn't get the attention that Julio does coverage wise because Aaron Rodgers is so dangerous spreading the ball around and will hurt you regardless. As far as route running, the only thing I would say about Jordy is that he is exceptional at the double move. However, I wouldn't give him the overly high praise as if he's in a league by himself as you seem to be inferring. Might be a slight exaggeration there. However, in regards to insane catches, Julio wins that hands down. That's not even a contest. Julio is an absolute freak.

jjcatch.0.gif

joness.gif

julio-jones-catch1.gif

JULIO-JONES-TD-CATCH.gif

Edited by Dutch