BLUE

Update: RG3 officially benched

Ya, I really don't like Jay Gruden. Maybe he deserves more time... I probably wouldn't have given it to him. There is just something about him I really don't like, something off putting. He has a huge mouth, says all the wrong things, and doesn't seem much like a leader. Just doesn't appear to be head coaching material.

• Upvote 1

Per Rotoworld.com:

Following a Friday "chat" with new GM Scot McCloughan, ESPN Washington's Chris Russell came away believing Griffin "stands a very good chance of staying" with the Redskins in 2015.
McCloughan said he believes Griffin "needs more time" to be developed and evaluated, and noted Brett Favre needed two full years to learn Mike Holmgren's system after the Packers traded for him early in Favre's career. McCloughan is an ex-Packers scout. Griffin turns 25 next month and is owed an affordable $3,269,877 in base salary. He's going to face competition in training camp, but all signs point to RG3 remaining a Redskin in 2015. Jan 9 - 3:40 PM

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 5, 2015, 7:53 AM EST

Washington is doing the best it can to convince fans things are getting better next season.

But some of the names team officials aren’t saying might be as interesting as the ones they are.

Via Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post, the team sent a letter to premium club season ticket-holders, thanking them for their support.

“Head coach Jay Gruden, new General Manager Scot McCloughan, and defensive coordinator Joe Barry will lead a nucleus of Ryan Kerrigan, DeSean Jackson, plus Pro Bowlers Trent Williams and Alfred Morris. The Redskins are poised to rebound next season!” the letter read.

Hmmm, it’s as if someone’s missing.

Oh, yes, quarterback Robert Griffin III, the former face of the franchise who now faces an uncertain future.

I’m sure people in D.C. are far more fired up about Barry, who once led a defense which went 0-16, than a former Pro Bowl quarterback who not that long ago was full of promise.

And I’m equally sure the image-conscious Griffin will see this as just another hurdle to overcome in his battle against tyranny, and the coaches who seem to conspire against him.

Source: ProFootballTalk

Per Rotoworld.com:

An anonymous offensive coach told ESPN's Mike Sando that Robert Griffin III is "done and there's no coming back."
"The injury slowed his legs, and his ego will not allow him to hit rock bottom and actually grind his way back up the right way," the coach continued. In a poll of 35 coaches and personnel executives, the vast majority felt this way. "To get better in this league, you have to have a degree of humility," a personnel director said. RGIII was ranked as the league's 28th-best quarterback in the poll, finishing ahead of only Josh McCown, Brian Hoyer, Matt Cassel and Geno Smith. Jul 22 - 9:34 AM
Source: ESPN.com

Edited by BLUE

I'd be interested to see that entire poll.

Click the link in the blurb. You have to be an Insider to read the whole thing though.

Edited by SteVo

The Redskins organization is such shit. They trade the farm for the guy and then play him injured. They ruined him and then they're also a big reason the kid got such a big head. It's ok Rob, you don't have to listen to your coaches lol.

• Upvote 2

I wonder how good he really could have been. He sure looked awesome as a rookie.

Was always gonna get hurt probably, just like in college :shrug:

Big difference between a couple games a year like a Vick and ruining his career like the skins did by playing him on a bad knee not once but twice.

Talent wise I think we can all agree RG3 could have been something.

Talent wise I think we can all agree RG3 could have been something.

I'd strongly agree. We got small bits of greatness early on in his rookie season. It's a shame he got his knee murdered. Even as a pure pocket passer he was still pretty solid.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Robert Griffin III was forced from Thursday's preseason game with a right shoulder stinger, and is being evaluated for a concussion.
Nightmare. Griffin was hurt in the process of committing an unforced fumble on third down inside the Redskins' own 20-yard line. It was the capper to a calamitous night where a Trent Williams-less offensive line was utterly helpless against the Lions' front seven. RGIII took a number of thundering hits in the process of completing just 2-of-5 passes for eight yards. RGIII has a habit of making lines look bad, but tonight wasn't his fault. Now, as has become all too common, the Redskins have to cross their fingers as they await an update on their quarterback's health. Aug 20 - 8:30 PM

Robert Griffin III passed his concussion tests after leaving Thursday's game with a right shoulder injury.
It appears RGIII will escape Thursday's nightmare with "only' a stinger. Stingers can linger, but Griffin cant tentatively be expected to go for next week's regular season dress rehearsal. If Thursday was any indication, it will be ugly if LT Trent Williams (knee) doesn't play. The Lions teed off on RGIII's offensive line on all four of his series. Aug 20 - 8:50 PM

Updating an earlier item, Robert Griffin III (head, shoulder) has yet to officially be cleared of a concussion.
The Redskins' broadcast team reported that RGIII had been cleared, but the team won't offer a comment until after the game. All we know for sure is that Griffin has a right (throwing) shoulder stinger. A concussion would put him in danger of missing next week's Week 1 tune up against the Ravens. Aug 20 - 9:02 PM
Edited by BLUE

Per Rotoworld.com:

Robert Griffin III has been diagnosed with a concussion.
Joe Theismann "reported" Griffin was medically cleared on the sideline, but that turned out to be an erroneous report. RG3 was evaluated in the locker room and formally diagnosed with a concussion. His shoulder stinger did check out fine. Coach Jay Gruden stated late Thursday that he has "no idea" on a return timetable for Griffin, but did say "I'd imagine" RG3 will remain the Redskins' starter when healthy. Griffin is likely to miss Washington's third preseason game. In all likelihood, he'll be cleared ahead of Week 1. Aug 20 - 10:33 PM

https://vine.co/v/eDilAl3pjQ0

https://twitter.com/PickSixPreviews/status/634537367978835968

Edited by BLUE

I have to wonder if every player in the league just hates RG3's guts... like just as a matter of principle.

It'd be safer for RGIII to pursue a career as a crash test dummy.

:yao:

I have to wonder if every player in the league just hates RG3's guts... like just as a matter of principle.

Sean said that he thinks the Redskins may have secretly hated him before they drafted him :laugh:

The Redskins are just complete morons.

His career is being totally mismanaged and the Redskins are going to ruin this young man.

Plot twist: Gruden left him in there to get injured so he would be able to start the guy he's wanted starting from the get-go. Kirk Cousins :smug:

Snyder has no choice now.

RGknee getting hit on the vine :ooo:

Yea, he was getting murked out there, but as much as I hate to say it, RGIII is just too fragile at this point. Its a shame too because I really do think he's got tools to be at least a top 15 QB.

But you can't develop if you're never healthy, and every time he gets hit it looks like its game over.