Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Peyton noncommittal on his future

"Preliminary talks." :laugh:

Rick Smith: Hey so we're interested in possibly trading for Manning. What say you Elway?

John Elway: No.

Elway is probably the guy in the building who wants him the least right now.

It's kool tho that he's willin to dick around with the young talent on the team to pander to a player he clearly wants no part of anymore.

Elway is probably the guy in the building who wants him the least right now.

If that were true, then he'd be out of Denver by now.

Sure he has a no-trade clause in his contract, but if you want a guy out badly enough, Elway could make it happen by benching him for Osweiler, thus forcing Manning's hand to either retire or get rid of the no-trade clause and play for someone else.

If that were true, then he'd be out of Denver by now.

Sure he has a no-trade clause in his contract, but if you want a guy out badly enough, Elway could make it happen by benching him for Osweiler, thus forcing Manning's hand to either retire or get rid of the no-trade clause and play for someone else.

Os is Elway's personal project, but he has far too much respect for Manning and the position that he's in to try and cut him loose in what is likely his final season.

Os is Elway's personal project, but he has far too much respect for Manning and the position that he's in to try and cut him loose in what is likely his final season.

At the end of the day, it's all about winning. If Elway thought Osweiler would net the Broncos more wins, he'd be the starter.

Wins > Respect

Well the last QB that was forced to ride the bench too long after being drafted with a high pick turned out to be pretty good (Aaron Rodgers). The Chances of Osweiler being anywhere near that good are slim to say the least, but when he does finally get the start he could be playing in offense he knows really well after having the opportunity to soak up some of the way Peyton prepares and some of pre-snap techniques. Could end up being good for him.

In what ways has Peyton ever shown to be the teaching type though? I'm just curious because it seems to me any learning Osweiler would do would be on his own.

In what ways has Peyton ever shown to be the teaching type though? I'm just curious because it seems to me any learning Osweiler would do would be on his own.

was Favre ever the teaching type? a QB of the caliber and with the work ethic necessary to make it in the NFL will learn a lot just by watching someone like Manning every day in practice

• Upvote 1

Osweiler is probably the best QB Peyton's ever had behind him.

Osweiler is probably the best QB Peyton's ever had behind him.

Oh... how they quickly forget about the great Jim Sorgi.

Tennessee+Titans+v+Indianapolis+Colts+i0

Look at that form!

Demaryius Thomas says there's "more zip" on Peyton Manning's passes this summer.

Thomas qualified his statement with "I know you're not going to believe this." At the very least, Manning should have more zip on his passes than he did for last season's stretch run, where his arm appeared to be dying a slow death. More zip or not, Manning is going to be more focused than ever on the short-to-intermediate areas of the field this season.

Demaryius+Thomas+Denver+Broncos+Super+Bo

"Look, I'm not sayin 'aliens', but... ya'll ain't gonna believe this."

Edited by theMileHighGuy

I'm interested to see how much zip he has in December and January

• Upvote 1

What would you guys do if you coached the Broncos? Let's say they get a huge lead in the division with 4 weeks left. Do you shut PeyPey down for a few games to preserve his arm for the playoffs? Or do you just let him ride it out since it's his final season?

What would you guys do if you coached the Broncos? Let's say they get a huge lead in the division with 4 weeks left. Do you shut PeyPey down for a few games to preserve his arm for the playoffs? Or do you just let him ride it out since it's his final season?

That's a tough one these days. Peyton historically plays better if he doesn't take a break, but at this point the rest might refresh his arm.

That being said, it's moot anyway. They're not gonna have a big lead, dude. Dem Chiefs doe.

Put horse tranquilizer in his meals every day and get him suspended by the NFL for drug use.

• Upvote 2

I think they should start Osweiler from week 1.

Peyton Manning said he still lacks feeling in the fingertips on his right hand.

The loss of feeling is the result of the four neck surgeries which caused Manning to miss all of 2011. Since then, Manning has thrown 131 touchdown passes in 48 games and led the Broncos to a Super Bowl. Manning's grip on the football will never be the same, but he is still a high-end starter on an offense filled with weapons. He is easily a top-five fantasy quarterback.
Source: MMQB

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning

An AFC pro director told NFL Network's Albert Breer that Peyton Manning's arm strength looks "significantly diminished."

An NFC exe said Manning looked "immobile" in the pocket during the preseason and "flinches under pocket pressure." Manning struggled in August, fluttering passes across the middle of the field and underthrowing receivers down the sideline. Manning has the football intelligence to overcome physical limitations, but his collapse down the stretch last year mixed with his underwhelming preseason raise legitimate concerns about his ability to hang with the other elite fantasy quarterbacks.

Peyton Manning had the cast removed from his left foot Wednesday.

With the cast off Manning can begin the rehab process which is expected to last at least a week. It remains likely Manning is not ready to play Week 14, and reports suggest Brock Osweiler will remain the starter even once Manning is "healthy." The Broncos are 2-0 and have found their running game since Osweiler took over at quarterback.

I think with all this change in the coaching staff in Denver...it'd be best for Peyton to retire. A new regime, and if I'm gonna be taking the HC job in Denver I want to start building for the future now.

Peyton is good, but his postseason record and the apparent dropoff in production as the season goes on is well-documented.

Denver needs to shift from a win now...to a prepare for the future mentality. If Peyton does come back I can only see it being for one year.

His best days are most def behind him.

Looks like I'm wrong....

NOT

When is the retirement press conference scheduled for?

I think they should start Osweiler from week 1.

:clap:

ESPN's Rich Cimini reports the "feeling" around Denver is the Broncos will attempt to re-sign impending free agent Brock Osweiler.

Osweiler gave back the starting job to Peyton Manning after a lackluster run in the middle of the season, but the Broncos are looking at a bleak situation at quarterback moving forward. Manning will likely retire after the Super Bowl, and the Broncos will not want to pay him $19 million or eat his $21.5 million cap hit even if he decides to play another season. With Osweiler a free agent, Manning's exit would leave 2015 seventh-round pick Trevor Siemian as the only quarterback on the roster. With not much help available in free agency or the draft, Osweiler may end up being the best option.
Source: ESPN