Favre4Ever

Byron Maxwell is "the prettiest girl at the dance"

PHOENIX -- Coach Pete Carroll acknowledged Thursday that the Seattle Seahawks will face "some really difficult decisions" as Russell Wilson's contract transitions from considerable competitive advantage to a roster-building albatross in the offseason.

Asked this week if he's excited to gauge his value in free agency, Maxwell made it clear that he's willing to play for the highest bidder.

"I'm the prettiest girl at the dance right now," Maxwell quipped. "But yeah, it's one of those things I'm excited about it. I would love to be here but ... I'm ready to see what's out there."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000465351/article/seahawks-byron-maxwell-excited-to-test-free-agency?campaign=Facebook_atn_wesseling

Are teams really going to make that big of a run at him?!? Sounds like buyers remorse waiting to happen, if you ask me. What are your thoughts? Do you want your team to make a big financial commitment to Maxwell?

Byron Maxwell is the Ringo Starr of the Legion of Boom. You do not pay Ringo Starr a crapsack of money.

The Eagles have been connected to this guy, and I don't want him considering how hot his market is gonna be.

Mediocre if you ask me.

Byron Maxwell is a solid corner. I wouldn't go any further than that at this point. The thing is though he is playing in the best defense in the league and that helps out substantially. I'm not informed about the corners in this draft class and with out current corner situation, I wouldn't mind the Eagles taking a look at him. However, I am not on board with paying him a boat load of money because he can easily be a product of the Seattle system making him look better than what he really is.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Fox Sports' Mike Garafolo is hearing the Falcons will be "strong players" for free agent CB Byron Maxwell.
It makes sense given Maxwell's connection to new coach Dan Quinn, Seattle's former defensive coordinator. Seahawks GM John Schneider acknowledged the team wants to keep Maxwell, but he may be out of Seattle's price range. There will be a robust market for Maxwell, our No. 1 corner available in free agency. Feb 19 - 12:04 PM

Per Rotoworld.com:

Draft insider Tony Pauline hears free agent CB Byron Maxwell is looking for $10 million annually.
Per Overthecap.com, that would make Maxwell the sixth-highest paid corner in the NFL. With Russell Wilson up for a big extension, the Seahawks are going to be penny-pinching this offseason. If Maxwell is the free-wielding capitalist most players understandably are, it's likely he's played his final game with Seattle. Feb 20 - 12:11 PM
According to NFL draft insider Tony Pauline, "present word" at the NFL Combine has the Eagles as the favorites to sign free agent CB Byron Maxwell.
Pauline is a draft analyst, but he's also one of the top information men in the business, particularly this time of year. Philadelphia makes a ton of sense as a landing spot for Maxwell. The Eagles prioritize big, physical press corners, and Maxwell fits the bill at 6-foot-1, 207 with long arms and plus speed. He would be a huge upgrade on free agent LCB Bradley Fletcher. Feb 20 - 1:18 PM
Edited by BLUE

$10 million per year for Maxwell? No fucking thanks. Don't be stupid, Eagles.

Guest Phailadelphia

Don't understand the hype with this guy. I only watched like 4-5 Seahawks games last season but in every one of them Maxwell was getting picked on. Dallas targeted him A LOT.

• Upvote 1

Don't understand the hype with this guy. I only watched like 4-5 Seahawks games last season but in every one of them Maxwell was getting picked on. Dallas targeted him A LOT.

He gets picked on because he plays opposite from Sherman, but I agree with your assessment: overrated, about to be overpaid.

I'd rather take a chance on drafting a corner or developing one of my young ones than overpay for a marginally good corner who we've seen the best of if he leaves Seattle. If Byron Maxwell plays somewhere else next season--away from an elite defense--he'll have already peaked as an NFL cornerback.

:yeahthat:

Guest Phailadelphia

He gets picked on because he plays opposite from Sherman, but I agree with your assessment: overrated, about to be overpaid.

Seems very much like a Brandon Carr situation.

Falcons would probably be better off drafting Trae Waynes, instead of throwing a bunch of Quatloos Maxwell's way.

Byron Maxwell just fired his agent... Hmm, let me guess. The money or offers isn't quite rolling in like he thought it would? Dunno if this will really help.

I don't see the big deal with Maxwell too, he's just the obvious FA flop of this offseason.

Eagles took the whole "prettiest girl" comment too far. Looking for her to put out on the first date... Congratulations Eagles, you contracted Chlamydia.

• Upvote 1