Dutch

Top 10 QB's 2015

Teddy isn't even a top 10 QB based on last season, Thanatos. And this is coming from one of his biggest fans (or at least I thought so).

First Tier: Produce No Matter What

1) Tom Brady: The only reason I continue to leave Brady at the top is because he continues to do it no matter what weapons he has at his disposal. Having Gronk healthy this year put the team over the top as the sole elite target. However, using players such as Edelman, LaFell, and Amendola shows his ability to elevate the talent around him.

2) Aaron Rodgers: The clear-cut next man up for the title of greatest QB. Has all the accuracy & strength of Brady plus the mobility and certain flare to his game. However, he does have undeniable talent at the wide receiver position.

Second Tier: One Step Away

3) Ben Roethlisberger: The first QB in the second tier. Atop the tier because of his ability to extend plays added on to his pro-bowl caliber skills.

4) Drew Brees: Gunsling mentality has started to erode his decision-making in the last few seasons. Still has the IQ to shred defenses, but is starting to show he might not be able to perform at a high level under pressure.

5) Philip Rivers: Another pro-bowl caliber QB. He has a major lack of mobility that puts him last in this tier.

Third Tier: A Couple Of Crutches

6) Andrew Luck: A pro-bowl caliber who has all the skills of a top QB, but has yet to clean up his game and limit the turnovers. Displays amazing ability in pressure situations and makes throws that can probably only be done by him.

7) Tony Romo: A very good QB that has been elevated by a new run heavy scheme that limits his vertical shots and boost his number of high-percentage passes.

8) Peyton Manning: The top dog falling down the ranks as his touch and delivery have fell with him. On a team with top-level weapons and a constant passing attack, his lack of ability to distribute the ball has him dropping down. Although his elite football IQ keps him in the conversation of top QBs.

Fourth Tier: One Dimensional

9) Joe Flacco: Has mastered the vertical passing game. Needs to add the intellectual parts to his game in order to control the tempo and put his team in the best position to win.

10) Russell Wilson: Still waiting for him to develop his game to the point he can make plays within the pocket as well as on the run.

Edited by butta55
  • Upvote 2

lol terry bridgewater are you fucking serious people?

Last year everyone was upset about my AMAZING decision to put McCown on my list... I am glad the focus is on others this year. Ha.

I wasn't going to say anything earlier, but on what basis are some of you putting Luck over Ben? I'm really curious, because I think a lot of you know I'm one of the biggest Luck fans on TGP. But I really can't see how he's a top 3 QB yet, while Ben clearly is at this point.

It's almost a layer of Ben hate... I mean, not hate really, I guess... But everyone is so adamant on undervaluing him for some reason. I seriously don't get it.

• Upvote 2

Also, I didn't leave Drew Brees off as an afterthought or anything. He is not a top-10 QB any longer. His ability has steadily faded the last two seasons. I don't know what's up with him, if its just age catching up or something, but I'd be curious how many people who actually watched him play multiple times this year would agree with me. I know people who don't watch the NFCS might look at stats and put him up there in the top-10, but he was off a lot these last two years.

• Upvote 1

His skill set definitely seems to be deteriorating... As is his decision making. But I don't think it's to the point that he should be dropping out of the Top 10. I mean, I am not even a fan of his to begin with. I think people have vastly overrated him most of his career.... But Drew at 60% is still a better passer than Cam is, IMO and still looks better than a Matt Ryan.

I don't really blame you for moving him out, because as I mentioned, I agree with your premise -- just not to the same extreme. :yep: There are more egregious positioning of players around here than yours. :yep:

• Upvote 2

And like I said, my rating of Brees is based more on the eye test than stats. He just looks off to me. A lot.

Not to mention, at least for me, when I'm rating QBs I'm not rating passers. There is a difference. I'd take Cam's entire skillset at the QB position over Brees' entire skillset at the QB position.

But I expect a lot of people to disagree with me on Brees' rating.

Edited by Thanatos19

It's really hard to do this once you get down to the 9-12 range. There are a lot of good but not great QB's in the NFL right now.

Last year everyone was upset about my AMAZING decision to put McCown on my list... I am glad the focus is on others this year. Ha.

It's almost a layer of Ben hate... I mean, not hate really, I guess... But everyone is so adamant on undervaluing him for some reason. I seriously don't get it.

I was going to neg you because the McCown joke is stale as fuck, but then you redeemed yourself with the Ben comment.

1. Aaron Rodgers(Steady)

2. Tom Brady(Steady)

3. Ben Roethlisberger(Trending slightly up)

4. Tony Romo(Trending slightly up)

5. Phillip Rivers(Steady)

6. Drew Brees(Trending down)

7. Peyton Manning(Trending down)

8. Andrew Luck(Trending up)

9. Russel Wilson(Trending up)

10. Matt Ryan(Steady)

Outside looking in: Newton, Flacco, Stafford, Tannehill

• Upvote 1

I was going to neg you because the McCown joke is stale as fuck, but then you redeemed yourself with the Ben comment.

The joke was earlier in the thread, that one wasn't a joke.

@Vin: Which is worse, Matty Slush's INT there or Weeden's INT?

Which one? There's been a few...

Again, because I'm dumb I thought this was going to be projections for next season.

After witnessing Matt Ryan make the worst decision/throw I think I've ever seen, he will never grace a top 10 list of mine ever.

http://gfycat.com/GracefulLastingDrever

Don't feel bad Vin, I thought we were projecting too :badass:

I can totally except Ben being better than Luck. I said in chat that my Luck bias may have pushed him ahead of Ben on my list. No argument there whatsoever. We just aren't going to act like Luck is so super overrated anymore. Luck closed the gap between his hype and his actual gameplay.

Don't feel bad Vin, I thought we were projecting too :badass:

DILLON_predator.gif

• Upvote 1

Again, because I'm dumb I thought this was going to be projections for next season.

After witnessing Matt Ryan make the worst decision/throw I think I've ever seen, he will never grace a top 10 list of mine ever.

http://gfycat.com/GracefulLastingDrever

So and what.

Which one? There's been a few...

815001286.gif

+1 for everything before Wilson was mentioned.

Will Teddy Bridgewater be a top 10 QB within 2 years? Yes.

Is he even top 15 right now? No. I think he's the future in the North, but even with his nice stats, he consistently made rookie mistakes. Most of his INTs were just awful.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Will Teddy Bridgewater be a top 10 QB within 2 years? Yes.

Is he even top 15 right now? No. I think he's the future in the North, but even with his nice stats, he consistently made rookie mistakes. Most of his INTs were just awful.

Even if you believe he isn't top 10, I honestly don't know 15 quarterbacks better than him. Once I get to about 11 or 12, I literally don't know who could be better currently.