BLUE

Eagles sign Frank Gore

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Frank Gore's deal with the Eagles will be for three years, and include $7.5 million guaranteed across the first two.
That's a huge gamble considering Gore turns 32 in May, but he's yet to show any real signs of wearing down. Philly's pursuit of Gore and Mark Ingram is an indication Chip Kelly wants a more power-based running attack in 2015. We have a hard time believing anyone else came close to offering Gore $7.5 million guaranteed. Mar 8 - 5:03 PM

Well now I have to root for Philly to do well.

Well now I have to root for Philly to do well.

OLj2YKh.gif

I thought the Colts would be a better fit for Gore, but he's put himself in a good position in Philly. What matters most is if he can stay healthy with a heavy dose of carries.

OLj2YKh.gif

How about Gore having a successful season while the Iggles sucking? :smug:

I thought the Colts would be a better fit for Gore, but he's put himself in a good position in Philly. What matters most is if he can stay healthy with a heavy dose of carries.

I'm not sure if he'll get such a heavy dose of carries. Polk and Sproles will take some of the load off and we might even draft a RB, who knows?

Fucking love this. Downhill runner who fits perfectly in our offense.

And Gore is as classy as they come. He's the kinda guy I'd root for in (almost) any uniform. I'm pumped to see him in an Eagles uniform. Please win a ring, Eagles. For Frank!

• Upvote 2

Go from Shady to guy who's on his last legs.

:welp:

• Upvote 2

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

He might not even crack 800 yards. :smug:

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

I like the sound of Alonso and Kendricks in the middle of our defense for years to come though. We have a good defensive line too so those guys will be free to fly around and make plays.

This is going to be weird. Like might be the weirdest player in a different jersey I've seen. Frank Gore is always gonna be a 49er in my mind.

• Upvote 1

Dunno, I got used to Rice as a Raider and as a Bronco for a few brief weeks. >_>

Dunno, I got used to Rice as a Raider and as a Bronco for a few brief weeks. >_>

yeah, Rice jumped around to a few different teams at the end of his career, but Smith as a Cardinal was beyond weird

it'll be weird, but I disagree wholeheartedly on weirdest:

nflf-emmitt_smith_102404.jpg

:puke:

Gore is 32 but he won't have a feature back role. He will get more carries than the rest of the guys but Chip is building for a RB committee system. So the work load won't be that heavy. Sproles, Tucker, hopefully Polk and don't know if the Eagles will draft a RB. This is definitely a stop gap move but at least Gore will hit the holes and run down hill and that's what Chip Kelly wants in his RB. This should be able to due for now.

Edited by Dutch

I don't think an NFL roster is big enough to hold five RBs, maybe Sproles lets you carry one less WR and if you don't carry an additional FB it could work, but that sounds like an incredibly crowded backfield

I'm just naming the potential options that we will have.

I don't really understand this signing at all. Don't think it's bad necessarily. Love Frank Gore and for his age, he produced fine... But the guy is going to be 32 and more than likely and just splitting carries, right? It would suck if this was more of just a locker room / leadership kind of move... Eagles make him more of a figure head, so to speak. IF anything, this is going to make the Eagles more predictable....

Love me some Frank Gore, really confused as to the Eagles and what they are doing... Signing RBs through age 35 usually isn't the move of a team on the verge of greatness. Too bad Frank's career has come to this.

People are so retardedly overreacting to this signing. How doesn't this make sense? This is the perfect situation for Gore RBBC for a decent team. Eagles have already vastly improved their defense already by signing Alonso. Now both their ILB's are young 3 down LB's and Alonso is pretty good for a LB in coverage. I never thought I'd be happy Kendricks was starting but he played very well last year. If it turns out Smith can play or we an get ourselves a guy like Jason Worids, our front 7 will be set.

I don't think it's about this one signing, it's about the entire package. Even you devolve into talking about the defense -- in a thread about signing a RB. That's not a criticism, by the way... Just proof that it's about the overall plan. The Eagles seem pretty lost under Chip's control. And let's be honest, people love a disaster.

I don't really understand this signing at all. Don't think it's bad necessarily. Love Frank Gore and for his age, he produced fine... But the guy is going to be 32 and more than likely and just splitting carries, right? It would suck if this was more of just a locker room / leadership kind of move... Eagles make him more of a figure head, so to speak. IF anything, this is going to make the Eagles more predictable....

Love me some Frank Gore, really confused as to the Eagles and what they are doing... Signing RBs through age 35 usually isn't the move of a team on the verge of greatness. Too bad Frank's career has come to this.

As far as unpredictability, we still have Sproles. It became quite evident throughout the season that Chip wasn't using Shady much as a receiving back. He didn't even have McCoy and Sproles on the field at the same time to enhance unpredictability. Chip wants a downhill runner and that's more than evident at this point. This move by no means is suppose to catapult us to greatness. Gore is nothing more then a stop gap at this point. However, even though he is old, he should still be able to produce in the role that he's going to be in which appears to be a RBBC role. So when you consider the role and what he's going to be asked to do, it isn't that confusing. Not to me anyway.

I don't think it's about this one signing, it's about the entire package. Even you devolve into talking about the defense -- in a thread about signing a RB. That's not a criticism, by the way... Just proof that it's about the overall plan. The Eagles seem pretty lost under Chip's control. And let's be honest, people love a disaster.

What it appears Chip is doing is trading offense for defense. He's gathering talent on defense and trusting in his system. At this point though, the Maclin move is a question mark because there's no way Cooper and Company (lol) can replace that production like Maclin did for Desean. However, we still have the draft (if we have any picks lol) and free agency to see how this turns out. Upgrading at the receiver position is a must at this point but I don't think everything that has transpired so far is as big as everyone is making it seem. Unless we don't upgrade at the receiver position, I won't panic.

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms free agent Frank Gore has gotten "cold feet" on signing with the Eagles, and is drawing interest from the Colts.

Per Schefter, the Eagles are "now in the market for other running backs." Considering GM/coach Chip Kelly's low tolerance for nonsense, this potential union might be irreparable after every weekend report suggested Gore-to-Philly was a done deal. From a fantasy standpoint, Indy would be almost as good a landing place for Gore as Philly.

Ohhhhhhh snap. This will be an even weirder jersey swap.