DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NFL Draft Thread

I'm not thrilled with taking a corner that we definitely don't need when there was a lot of O-line talent on the board. Hopefully John Miller (guard we took in the 3rd) turns out to be good.

I like the Eagles draft a lot so far. We found a WR that fits what we do and a CB that fits what we do, and then picked up a good athlete at OLB in the 3rd. If we can pick up a good offensive lineman I'd consider this draft to be highly successful. Really glad we didn't sell the farm for one guy

• Upvote 1

Yeah bungles are bungles.

Yeah Bears pick with Ego&Sut made no sense.

LolFunchess.

Both can't be a nose in 3-4.

I'm genuinely happy with the Broncos' selections so far. Sambrailo was a huge reach, but that's what Elway does. He falls in love with players and gets the people he wants. Ty isn't exceptional, but he's a very athletic linemen and built to fit the mold of an active RT or G in Kubiak's blocking scheme.

I love Heurerman, I think he's gonna be the best TE from this draft when it's all said and done. Took him in the 4th round for the Broncos in our mock game. http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/72861-mock-draft-selection-thread-we-did-it/?p=2553719

Elway and Co. have been great Day 3 drafters so far. Hope it continues.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Can't believe Langford went to Chicago... Poor guy. Never going to be able to live up to his potential anymore.

I really like what the Eagles did this year, feel pretty good about Agholor and Rowe. Also, adding an extra 3rd rounder for 2016 will help compensate for the lack of a 2nd (Bradford/Foles trade). My only concern moving forward is we've got an old offensive line without much youth or potential behind them. I'd imagine that'll be a draft priority next year.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1

Brett Hundley is now the 3rd best QB in the NFC North (behind Aaron and Teddy). Talk about value in the draft.

• Upvote 1

Brett Hundley is now the 3rd best QB in the NFC North (behind Aaron and Teddy). Talk about value in the draft.

That's not Stafford's first name......

• Upvote 1

I like Funchess, but I still don't agree with trading up that much for him when I think he'd still be there when we're picking at #56 or wherever it was. Don't really get why people don't like him at all. Because he ran a slow 40 at the combine? He ran a 4.47 at Michigan's pro day.

DG is clearly getting big targets for Cam, which is a great thing, considering if Cam misses, he misses high. He's been rock solid as a drafter so far, so I'll trust that his scouting ability is better than any armchair scouts.

Still don't agree with the Shaq pick, though. I'll concede that DG may be correct and he may end up being a great player, but I'd have vastly preferred a different position. Basically any other position besides QB.

Overall though, a very solid draft. I think we reached a bit twice, once involving trading up, but if they both pan out, and given DG's track record, a very good chance at that, it was worth it.

I love the Daryl Williams pick in the fourth.

Confused with picking Mayo in the 5th, but at that point I guess we're just going for depth.

The biggest worry I have is not getting a RB in the second or third rounds, which I think is probably what we gave up to take Funchess. We took one in the sixth, Cameron Artis-Payne, from Auburn, but it looks like Stewart is going to be the guy and we're going to hope he doesn't get hurt.

Steelers made a few pretty good picks in rounds 4-6. Doran Grant. Jesse James, and Letterius Walton. I chose the last 2 in the mock draft game. :)

Edit: Just got Holliman in the 7th. I'll take that any time. Really liking our draft this year overall compared to past drafts.

Edited by Sarge

I really like what the Eagles did this year, feel pretty good about Agholor and Rowe. Also, adding an extra 3rd rounder for 2016 will help compensate for the lack of a 2nd (Bradford/Foles trade). My only concern moving forward is we've got an old offensive line without much youth or potential behind them. I'd imagine that'll be a draft priority next year.

Yeah I feel the same way. Hopefully once Maxwell and Thurmond have been here a couple years, these guys are ready to start getting some serious playing time. Wonder if this means we play Watkins at Safety now.

We do need to add the offensive line, but free agency isn't over yet and guys will be added before September. The offseason is long.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pumped we got McBride, I know who my next Titans jersey is going to be

• Upvote 2

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10644/john-crockett

Packers signed North Dakota State RB John Crockett.

Crockett (6'0/217) split carries as a sophomore and junior before shredding the Missouri Valley Conference as a senior, rushing for 1,994 yards and 21 TDs on 368 carries (5.42 YPC). He caught 30 passes. More grinder than home-run threat, Crockett ran 4.62 with a pedestrian 7.15 three-cone time at the Combine. Crockett did demonstrate lower-body explosion in the vertical (40") and broad (10'5") broad jumps. Crockett disappoints as a tackle breaker on tape, but has three-down tools and is a name to file away in case he gets an opportunity.

Bware sad.

PACKERS TOOK HUNDLEY HAHAHAHAHA :dying:

• Upvote 1

I think it's possible the Eagles found a couple DB's in the late rounds that could end up making the team and contributing, especially JaCorey.

PACKERS TOOK HUNDLEY HAHAHAHAHA :dying:

This is funny how? It was in the 5th round. Packers have never had even a halfway decent backup to Rodgers since he became the starter. It's worth a stab that late on a quarterback to sit back and learn from one of the best. Hundley is extremely raw, yes, but he has the perfect opportunity to hone his skills to go along with his great athleticism.

Try harder Buttass.

• Upvote 2

This is funny how? It was in the 5th round. Packers have never had even a halfway decent backup to Rodgers since he became the starter. It's worth a stab that late on a quarterback to sit back and learn from one of the best. Hundley is extremely raw, yes, but he has the perfect opportunity to hone his skills to go along with his great athleticism.

Try harder Buttass.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he develops well for the Packers and they turn him into a first round pick in a year or two.

It's funny because of F4E championing him for other teams. Then bam, the Packers take him.

• Upvote 2

Try harder Buttass.

Vin pretty much answered it.

Not to mention the backups have done decent for GB cause McCarthy's wide open passing offense....kinda the reason Flynn got paid starter money from Seattle after being one of those halfway decent QBs

Hundley goes into a good situation, but the romantic thought of GB reproducing what they did with A-Rod when he was drafted to develop has already been tried with a few guys so pls

It's funny because of F4E championing him for other teams. Then bam, the Packers take him.

Pretty much me last year riding the Bortles #1 overall to the Texans train. :yao:

"The biggest challenge for all these players is to get on our program. For the last six months, they’ve been a man without a country. They have no team, they have their own individual, whatever it is, situation, and they’re trying to figure out, ‘How do I best get ready for the NFL?’ And that is all 32 teams or however many it is showing interest in them and trying to figure out, ‘How do I prepare for that?’ Each guy has been an independent contractor; they’ve been on their own whatever it is: their own trainer, their own training system, their agent, whatever they’ve been doing. And right now, that’s all changed and they can forget about all that and they need to become New England Patriots. That’s what we’re going to start getting to work on. They’ve got to get out of that mentality of ‘I’ll get up when I feel like it. I’ll go to work when I feel like it. I’ll eat where [i feel like it]. All that. I’ll train the way I want to train.’ They’re done with that. That will be a huge adjustment for them. I don’t care where they came from, I don’t care what position they play. None of that makes any difference. They haven’t been doing it and they’re going to start doing it and they’re going to start doing a lot of it. They’re going to be doing it for day after day after day for a long time going forward – if they can, if they’re successful. That will be a big adjustment for them. It will be a big adjustment for every rookie because none of them have been doing that. Welcome to the NFL. That will start Thursday. They’ll get a big dose of New England Patriots football over the next whatever we’ve got, six weeks – however long it is. We’ll give them everything we can in heavy doses, try to get them ready for training camp and they’ll get even more then. The strong will survive. The other ones will fall off. And we’ll keep going."
  • Upvote 2

I love the pick in the 5th. He's raw, but I love his upside. Of the other QBs this class, the only one who I think has more potential may be Garrett Grayson. Winston too maybe, but I don't see any chance he realizes that potential. And of all the teams that he could have gone to, I don't know that there is any better than the Packers. You sit back and learn from the best QB in the league and the guy who took that QB after falling and every scout in the league thought he wasn't athletic enough for the position. Not only that, but Mike McCarthy took like a 35 year old Brett Favre and made turned him from gunslinger to efficient and maybe more dominating than even his MVP years.

I knew for a fact the Packers were going to target a QB in the draft. I didn't know which one or when, but, I knew it was going to happen. I was pissed in the mock draft after Fajardo and Carden because those are guys I for sure wanted. When we traded up for Hundley, ya it was a little surprising with how much Ted wanted to improve our ST unit up until that point, but... It may turn out to be the best pick of the draft for us, lol. With that said, I still believe in Scott Tolzein and his future.