Sarge

Disgusting Foods You Like

What are some foods most people find disgusting that you like?

I'm sitting here eating cottage cheese, and that made me think of this thread idea.

I don't know how I approach this thread because for one... I fucking love cottage cheese, so.... I dunno. I am not overly picky and like trying new things (unless it's fish / seafood of some kind). What are some foods most people find disgusting? Ha

Edited by Favre4Ever

I really don't know but on the reserve, won't eat eggs in any form that wasn't mixed in pancakes, other breakfast meals, cookies, etc, or bacon.

Ya I thought the reverse would be a lot easier.. ^^ Haha. Although looking at your list, Bay.. You might be Satan. No eggs or bacon. Commies are horrible people and so are you.

Da pussy.

Cincinnati-style chili, apparently.

I'm thinking of stuff you eat that your friends or family are like "eww how can you eat that"

Cottage cheese fits the bill for a lot of people. I love it, but a lot of people say it's disgusting that I eat it.

Ya I thought the reverse would be a lot easier.. ^^ Haha. Although looking at your list, Bay.. You might be Satan. No eggs or bacon. Commies are horrible people and so are you.

lol I definitely expect reactions like that.

Any and every mushroom

horseradish

Mushrooms, seafood, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, spinnach and avocado hummus, idk what else.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

I still can't really think of anything.. but being that stuff like mushrooms (which are like one of the greatest things ever) are being brought up, how about...

Frozen waffles and frozen french fries? And no, I don't mean go buy a frozen waffle or ff and then heat it up. I love eating them frozen... Lol. Frozen waffles especially are some of the greatest things ever.

I don't eat anything even remotely close to being disgusting... Sometimes all it takes is looks for me to think it's disgusting, and not eat it.

But, my dad LOVES eating caterpillars, or they'd be called mopane worms in English. People in the DRC love it, but nobody even in our family outside of my dad eats them, or even have the stomach to look at them after he finishes cooking them. It's pretty remarkable, actually. Ha.

Fish count? I love fish. Salmon, Snapper, Haddock, Cod, Trout, they're all good.

Cincinnati-style chili, apparently.

Join us, Vin.

Asparagus and spinach, I guess?

Spinach is great. Asparagus can fuck right off.

idk this is a pretty subjective question, I was just naming things that people tell me I'm gross for eating, lol.

Snails= best thing ever.

Crayfish = also awesome

Livers, Gizzards, Chitterlings = all decent but only occasionally

Shell fish are great in general, recently had raw oysters and they're pretty damn good.

Had a bunch of different venison organs, like heart, kidneys and liver and they're all good.

There is almost nothing food related I won't at least try. Sweet breads are awesome. Kinda been wanting to try rocky mountain oysters, but they're rarely on the menu around here.

Snails= best thing ever.

I've had escargot at restaurants before, but I think it's good because it's just saturated with butter. Not sure the snail itself is that tasty.

Edited by SteVo

Maybe. I've had them a few different ways and the best involved a heavy cream sauce inside a pastry. It was very French.

I have a Vitamix blender that I used to make green smoothies.

Said smoothies are:

A half a cup of grapes

Two dates

A banana

A big handful of fresh spinach

A LOT of fresh kale

A little handful of parsley

A whole apple...stem, core seeds and all...

Half/whole (depends on mood lol) slice of pineapple core and all

A tablespoon of chia seeds if I have any

Sometimes (again...mood thing...) a spoonful of natural peanut butter or almond butter

A cup of ice cubes

Blend

Looks like a green sludge...especially with the chia seeds...

No waste aside from the skin of the pineapple

I make this for myself and wife everyday. We drink at least 12 oz of it a day. Love it. Son and daughter refuse to drink it even after trying it. Always get those "EWW" looks if in public drinking it and from other family members.

Edited by BucD
  • Upvote 1

I want you to make me one. Guess I'll have to do it myself... But kinda lazy so I won't.

I love broccoli, I'm not sure if anyone actually dislikes it, but it's the butt of a lot of jokes so I'll throw it in here

a gallon + of skim milk per day. I find it odd how many people don't think very highly of milk. The reason for going a whole gallon is i'm always sore from resistance training and whatnot, so I'm starving for protein every couple hours. But even for an average person, its really satisfying especially after something strong in taste, and right before bed as it digests really slow and keeps you full way longer than most things. I'll drink it out of the jug on the way to and at work in the refrigerated part of the building. Throws some people off.